Thread: USA colors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    White, it is the most used color on our flag. I originally considered red, but white beats it out by have the stars as white.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    That one is because there are some nations that picked their colours first, thus you get a hirarchy and whenever two countries who picked the same colour meet the one which was first gets to keep theirs and the other has to go for an alternative.

(That is why Germany almost always gets dips on Black and White despite not having white on its flag (anymore) and GB having Green as one of its colours.)

So, really, you cannot win if you take just one colour. Pick white and I will think you are representing Germany; Blue, France; and Red, Belgium. :P
    But there is different shades of those colors.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    But there is different shades of those colors.
    Yes, but since the op mentioned these three because they show up on the flag I assumed he meant that exact shade in which case I would draw the conclusions I pointed out. And what would you call "other shades of white"? Grey? Black?

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Red would most easily be mistaken for non-friendly nations.
    Yeah, those rowdy Canadians and their moosey syrup.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Red + Blue + White = Violet
    I pick violet.

10+ Year Old Account
    White because it's the only right color.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    The colours traditionally connected to a country aren't necessarily those on its flag, but I suppose with the USA being as young as it is and being a former colony of GB they would just choose one of those three. But why would you choose just one? Pick at least a combination of two.
    I was asking for one to make the question simple. Even in a combination there usually is one dominant color.