Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dalaran Relocation, Invasion XP Fixes, Content Drought, Blue Posts, Bastion Short

Firebird's Finery Hotfix Live

HearthPwn Card Design Competition Season 4 - Choose Your Weapon

Gamescom Build Preview - Alarak & Zarya Data, Valla / Raynor / Sgt. Hammer Misc Changes

The Last Bastion - Overwatch Animated Short

Legion - Dalaran Relocation
    The Dalaran relocation cutscene has been updated since last time we previewed it. It now has voice acting and other tweaks. This is not live yet.

Legion Invasion Experience Fixes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Thanks for all of the reports on issues with the amount of XP being rewarded.

We were able to investigate and identify that there were indeed a couple bugs with the way XP rewards were being handed out. We’re working on a hotfix that will correct the following issues:

• Fixed a bug that could reduce the amount of XP a player received when more than 6 players were attacking it.
    • Fixed a bug that could reduce the amount of XP a player received from creatures that scale with the number of attackers.

Once these fixes are live, please let us know how things feel. Again, our intention is for Demon Invasions to feel lucrative as long as players are actively participating in the event, and we believe that, once the correct amount of XP is being rewarded for killing creatures, that will once again be the case.

So.... if a level 100 taps an elite, do I still get screwed?
    The intention would be no, once this is live.

When are these going live? so we know exactly when we're supposed to give our feedback about it
    I don't have a time frame to provide right now, but I will try to provide an update once the hotfix is in - but since it is still being worked on, this could likely be tomorrow.

Legion Content Drought
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    No content Drought at the end of Legion? I don't believe you. You can say it won't happen but we've had that happen what.... 3 times? Actions speak louder then words guys.
    Actions do, indeed, speak louder than words. I think we all realize that this is a fact and that winning the trust of the community takes more than what some may see as just words.

As Watcher discussed yesterday (in case you missed it), there was a period where our main focus was faster expansions, and in pursuit of that goal we sacrificed things that ended up making the experience worse for everyone.

We are now focusing on a steady stream of content, and we are making sure to keep our story going alone and filling the time between new expansions. We really hope that you guys see this difference in Legion, and our goal is to avoid situations where we don't have significant content for 14 months.

Not to sound like a cynic or anything, but we've literally heard the exact same thing at the end of every expansion since Wrath.

"Well, I know this expansion's content drought sucked, but next time we'll do better!"

Followed by usually around a year of zero new content. I dont know what it is you guys are doing with the content development, but you've been doing it wrong for the past four expansions and I dont see any reason why we should believe Legion will be any different.

And not to attack this sentiment (I know where you are coming from), but since TBC/WotLK, we've actively stated our goal was to get the length between expansions down to one-a-year as our way of combating a lack of content. This goal, we've realized, is what has created a lot of problems as we were turning all of our focus away from the current expansion and moving on to the next a bit prematurely.

This is no longer the goal.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Cold Blood and Shadow Dance Hotfix
    cold blood still not useable in shadow dance

I just tried (in a duel) and it seems to be working accordingly, can you try it again now to make sure?

This was hotfixed very recently (in between your two posts!) (Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Classes
    Demon Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Is it intended that Eye Beam is undesirable on a single target rotation?Can fix by reducing fury cost relative to chaos strike
    No; if you have any up-to-date evidence of this, we'd love to see it. That should have been fixed a while ago. (Celestalon)

Broken Shore
    On launch, once mains have done the full intro quest line (+Broken Shore/Kara/Ulduar) will the option to skip be available again?
    yes, once you complete the final quest in the chain, unlocks 8/30 (Muffinus)

Overwatch - The Last Bastion
    Another Overwatch animated short has been released! This one focuses on Bastion's story.

Last edited by chaud; 2016-08-19 at 04:15 AM.

I hope the XP fix is live :|

I wasn't aware we were getting a Dalaran Hearthstone. Thats nice!

10+ Year Old Account
    Animated shorts like that need to happen more often, in fact the Warcraft movie should have been animated in that style. Less restrictions and a familiar style we are used to in the form cinematics every expansion. Cinematics always had me chomping at the bit for more.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2016-08-19 at 05:04 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    it isnt yet

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

How is this alleged skip option supposed to work? Has it been announced?

Quote Originally Posted by Favlos View Post
    I believe the way it'll work is the quest you are offered upon reaching 100 is the "watch Dalaran move" quest and after that there'll be an NPC who gives the option to go back for the Broken Shore stuff. I could be wrong though.

still nothing about changes for Warlocks even though the Blizzard forums are lit with complaints about the class. the complaints have nothing to do with their damage either, just that the class has gone backwards and looks like it did before TBC. visually it is the most boring class to play.

Quote Originally Posted by DonSerrot View Post
    I believe the way it'll work is the quest you are offered upon reaching 100 is the "watch Dalaran move" quest and after that there'll be an NPC who gives the option to go back for the Broken Shore stuff. I could be wrong though.

You still get the broken shore quest, but when you get to the quest turn in NPC you have 2 options one is do the broken shore scenario and the other one lets you skip it all and you get ported to Dalaran-Broken Islands where you get offered your Artifact quest.

Also, when you get to Dalaran-Broken Islands we get a quest giver who spawns and follows you around that leads you to our Artifact. Sometimes you have to move around and wait about 15-20 seconds for it to spawn but it will.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    When you get the very first quest to prepare yourself for the broken shore, the NPC you turn it into will have a talk option, where you say that you've heard it before. By confirming it, you'll instantly be teleported to the New Dalaran, ready to hand in the quest for the Dalaran Hearthstone and then continue your journey for the class hall and artifact weapons.

This will only work after you've had at least one character see the teleportation of Dalaran cutscene when Legion has launched.

Source: Beta

It's a false and self-serving rationalization for Blizzard to claim that the "goal" of faster expansions is what led to content droughts. Because they never actually produced expansions any faster.

We are supposed to believe that the mere act of thinking about faster expansions and maybe even trying and failing to implement expansions faster caused these massive content droughts?

Would be nice if they would try something believable like "sorry, but we were developing 3 entirely new game properties and WoW got shorted". Or something else as long as it's more believable than this drivel.

7+ Year Old Account
    ya know, sometimes people need to realize that Blizz doesn't have only 1 team that maintains each of their IPs. We've been burned in the past, but it's kinda dumb to say it's other games' fault for lack of content when each IP has their own teams.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    It's a false and self-serving rationalization for Blizzard to claim that the "goal" of faster expansions is what led to content droughts. Because they never actually produced expansions any faster.

We are supposed to believe that the mere act of thinking about faster expansions and maybe even trying and failing to implement expansions faster caused these massive content droughts?

Would be nice if they would try something believable like "sorry, but we were developing 3 entirely new game properties and WoW got shorted". Or something else as long as it's more believable than this drivel.
    You do realize that each of their game IP's they have has its own separate team?

The other thing is that WoW is no longer Blizzards bread and butter go to game anymore they have far more profitable IP's now and with their acquisition of King.com only increases that..

Bastion short is basically Iron Giant meets Wall-E

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    You do realize that each of their game IP's they have has its own separate team?

The other thing is that WoW is no longer Blizzards bread and butter go to game anymore they have far more profitable IP's now and with their acquisition of King.com only increases that..
    Dont feed him. His entire life basicly revolves around bashing blizzard. I think an emplyee of theirs might have drove down his cat or seomthing

Really liked the Bastion video even though i dont play Overwatch. Blizzard certainly has a knack for these
    Last edited by mmocfe2bab4c21; 2016-08-19 at 06:44 AM.

"This is no longer the goal" - So what? We should be golden now?
    This means nothing, because it is still just a shitpost

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    i hope XP fix will live too, maybe so interesting to play more time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hahandi1994 View Post
    i hope XP fix will live too, maybe so interesting to play more time

When are these going live? so we know exactly when we're supposed to give our feedback about it
    I don't have a time frame to provide right now, but I will try to provide an update once the hotfix is in - but since it is still being worked on, this could likely be tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by yarjin View Post
    How ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Bastion short is basically Iron Giant meets Wall-E
    I'm okay with that - if you're gonna copy, copy from the best.

And, put this in context - this is a short, as a side-piece of entertainment for a game that has no other purpose to exist than to be fun. It's not being presented as a new, unique piece of fiction to stand on it's own and compete with The Iron Giant or Wall-E. They could have skipped these, and it would have no effect on the game at all. It's just fun - fluff if you will - and it's fine.

But, their animation team gets better and better, and those skills DO go into the games in cut scenes and character design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yarjin View Post
    What are you expecting? A full disclosure "we fucked up, and this is how, step by step" post?

Not gonna happen.

It's on them. They say they're going to try. Let them. The decision to play is yours - you either take a chance, and try Legion, or don't, and post something smug here a year from now when they show they weren't telling the truth.

I'm not playing, because I've lost all interest in this kind of game - but that's me. Looking at Legion, they're going back to what looks like MoP levels of content - which was fine in terms of quantity, they just timed it wrong. If they'd stretched out the tiers before SOO, the drought after SOO wouldn't have been so pronounced - which they admitted to.

Legion should, with the amount of patches and tiers they're talking about, last a year and a half if timed right. Then, six more months of nothing, then the next expansion. That's a good goal to work towards, and they can do it. Will they? We'll see. But slamming them over everything they say, that's not gonna get much done. Again - it's now in your lap - decide to play, or don't.