10+ Year Old Account

Lightning Bolt Sound effect

Am i the only one that thinks lightning bolts sound effect is a bit to loud? even when im not playing shaman myself but have a shaman in the group that spams it its very annoying sound. I think they should lower the sound or change it a little to sound different.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crypt View Post
    Am i the only one that thinks lightning bolts sound effect is a bit to loud? even when im not playing shaman myself but have a shaman in the group that spams it its very annoying sound. I think they should lower the sound or change it a little to sound different.
    It sounds like it hits a lot harder than it does, that's for sure.

Yes, I agree. It just feels out of place, but so does Feral abilities (flesh rending sound spam!) so either they're not done, or they're deaf.

Deleted
    I think it sounds just right. I mean it's a fucking thunderclap, it's supposed to be loud. They should update sounds for other spells, like fireball and pyroblast, they feel nothing like fire hurling through air.

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    I think it sounds just right. I mean it's a fucking thunderclap, it's supposed to be loud. They should update sounds for other spells, like fireball and pyroblast, they feel nothing like fire hurling through air.
    Mm, isn't Thunderstorm and Chain Lightning both more silent than Lighting Bolt? What sense does that make?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meagree View Post
    Mm, isn't Thunderstorm and Chain Lightning both more silent than Lighting Bolt? What sense does that make?
    True, they are weak, even more reason to make a grand scale sound redesign. I think it's the old, weak sound assets that should be improved, not the new one brought in line with old things.

True, they are weak, even more reason to make a grand scale sound redesign. I think it's the old, weak sound assets that should be improved, not the new one brought in line with old things.
    I'm not saying the Lightning Bolt sound effect is BAD (neither is the OP) - what's being said is that they're too loud. They don't match.

Sure, change the CL/TS sound effects, but making them too loud is just bad.

I love the sound, but it's too weak for such a strong and heavy sound.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meagree View Post
    I'm not saying the Lightning Bolt sound effect is BAD (neither is the OP) - what's being said is that they're too loud. They don't match.

Sure, change the CL/TS sound effects, but making them too loud is just bad.
    Yes, but I'm saying that making it quieter would make it bad. It will be inline bad to other spells, but none the less. WoW already has some amazing ambient sound and music, but abilities is probably the worst part of sound design right now. That and Sindragosa.

Quote Originally Posted by Bompton View Post
    It sounds like it hits a lot harder than it does, that's for sure.
    Yeah, it's a bit funny.
    Just use an addon if you have problems with the sound.
    Like with the hunter gun sounds. Now, thats really silly.

I love the thunder sounds. Though it doesnt quite match the oomph it expresses.

THUNDER LIGHTNING VERY VERY FRIGHTENING

I love it. All the new sound design is kick ass. Boom, bang, slosh!

Deleted
    I think it sounds just right. I mean it's a fucking thunderclap
    correction, this is a thunderclap!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    correction, this is a thunderclap!!

I mean I'm all for that being the sound for LB, as long as each cast will start a new track without canceling the old one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't noticed it being loud. Might actually be the opposite, but only by little.

Deleted
    I made a ticket a while ago on beta regarding this issue aswell. The sound itself is actually fitting for a lightning bolt and i wouldn't mind it if it was on an ability with a 30-60 sec cooldown, but hearing it over and over as it's your filler is unbearable, it's one of those cases where realism isn't practical.

I mean I'm all for that being the sound for LB, as long as each cast will start a new track without canceling the old one.
    Oh my god, that would be the greatest, worst cancer remix of all time.
    With that being said, I personally dont like the new LB sound. It does sound better than the old one, but its still missing something imo.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.