Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    But you can still loot funnel with person loot?
    not as much, as you cant trade a warlock teir peice to a palla, preist, or dh, only other locks

Can't post the link because this is a new mmo account, but there is a source in the reddit thread now. This is a pretty unsubstantiated rumor

I like this push for personal loot. Of course the math still needs to be done, and this is yet another layer of RNG/timesink slathered on top of everything, but personal loot might end up not being the devil anymore. In the long run I think it'll do the game good.

The actual "Proof" for this is garbage, its people reading into things that were said by people who said they had no clue

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ontent/d6odcyr

0 sources on this claim. Just a reddit user claiming it.

I'll wait and see.

Back to vanilla tier dropping? I hope someone mis spoke on this. But I guess you will see the piece WF/TF when it drops rather than after turning it into a tier piece. That being said, Now you are screwed if you don't have atleast 1 of each class. I know my guild will have no rogue or monk. That is a 17% chance that a piece of tier will be useless.

Since people apparently don't click links, here's the non "Proof" "Proof"

Here is the "Proof" in question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVXQUB9OcYg&t=353

Transcript:

Q: Which class token is the demon hunter on?

A: I don't know - I'm not even sure if we are doing class tokens - You can tell how silo'd we are based on how little we know of certain chunks.

Q: There is only 1 class token from warlords with only 3 classes on it so I guessed it would be there, but you said there aren't class tokens any more? Is that final?

A: We have no idea, neither of us have anything to do with the end game itemization. Sorry we can't answer that question. If you want an answer to that then hit up @warcraftDevs on twitter

Ok well, that's good. Pack it up, let's go home. Nothing to see here other than Reddit being wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted

Whatever is said in the UPDATE is the critical part, and google translate for it really sucks:

Update - Durch ein Gespräch von uns mit den Entwicklern auf der Gamescom gibt es nun eine finale Antwort auf die Frage, ob es in Legion noch Tier-Set-Tokens gibt. Nein! Tatsächlich wird das System komplett fallen gelassen. Durch die persönliche Beute war es bereits in Warlords of Draenor so, dass man direkt sein Setteil erhalten hat. Was die Beuteoption des Plündermeisters angeht, so wird es in Legion so ablaufen, dass wie in Classic direkt Setteile fallen gelassen werden, die der Plündermeister verteilen kann.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarzog View Post

What is the purpose of this change? What is it supposed to accomplish?
    the purpose is clear - to push personal loot by force into all raiding - they just dont have balls to say it out loud - "we want personal loot cause RNG is your new king like in diablo "

Quote Originally Posted by CodeDonkey View Post
    Whatever is said in the UPDATE is the critical part, and google translate for it really sucks:

Update - Durch ein Gespräch von uns mit den Entwicklern auf der Gamescom gibt es nun eine finale Antwort auf die Frage, ob es in Legion noch Tier-Set-Tokens gibt. Nein! Tatsächlich wird das System komplett fallen gelassen. Durch die persönliche Beute war es bereits in Warlords of Draenor so, dass man direkt sein Setteil erhalten hat. Was die Beuteoption des Plündermeisters angeht, so wird es in Legion so ablaufen, dass wie in Classic direkt Setteile fallen gelassen werden, die der Plündermeister verteilen kann.
    This is what Google translate gives me off of the webpage - this is better but I'm not sure if it's helpful! Lol.

"Update - Through a call from us with the developers at Gamescom there is now a final answer to the question whether there are animal set tokens in Legion. No! In fact, the system is left completely covered. The personal loot it was already in Warlords of Draenor so that you have directly received his Setteil. As for the loot option Loot, it will expire in Legion to be allowed to fall as in Classic directly Setteile that can distribute the loot. Original Message - One of the major issues for Raider of course, where are the parts of the animal sets drop. After all, one might often very quickly come to the set bonus, since it is quite strong in the rule. With Legion are Tier 19 sets of six parts exist. Namely, gets even the matching cape to chest, pants, shoulder, helmet, gloves and boots. This naturally has the advantage that you can vote sets better using the correct values ​​to each other, as you continue to receive the bonuses at 2 or 4 parts. After two major changes to the animal set tokens have already been made ​​with Warlords of Draenor, could it with Legion give a further adjustment. So be Setteil obtained known by the personal prey directly without tokens. Rewarded for example, by the master looter a token, you can change it to the Setteil directly by right-clicking. The first novelty is in Legion received. But how it looks with the token? The developer revealed in our interview on the demon hunter that is very likely are no more tokens. But how exactly does it work? Good question! Perhaps are directly the classes set Part dropped? If so, the system is smart enough to detect which set parts are required, thus not experiencing the problem that completely unusable tokens stuck in the Boss? Exact information is available so far do not, because there was no prey in the raid tests in beta. The possibility of using the intelligent system would, however, probably the only sensible solution, or how you see that?"

Edit: I am dying at animal set tokens, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    its extreamly unlikley it will drop peices no one has... so if you have dks, mages and druids it will choose one of those, but if you have none then it will be random...
    What fact or facts are you basing this on? It has never worked that way before.

As far as I can see from picking apart the translation and properly placing words compared to where they would be in English, they're saying the token system is dropped (some word also can be covered which is what it's coming up as in translate) and that in Master Loot (i don't think google can handle Plündermeister properly, but anyone with half a brain can figure that as masterloot) it will drop as it did in classic.

HOWEVER this is not coming from a high end developer interview as far as I can tell (ion being a main one on it) and I would take it with a grain of salt. As seen by previous interviews, lackey's have been shown to have gotten lines crossed and have given misinformation. Until we hear it out of a high level devs mouth or see it for ourselves I would read into this with caution.

Deleted

Google translation is really funny.

Translation:

Update: We talked to the developers on Gamescom and now we have an answer regarding to Tokens in Legion. No! The system is completly gone. Personal loot in Warlords rewarded you the item directly instead of the token. Loot Master will now the see the set items, like it was back in the days in classic, he has than to assignthem to the players.

The reddit link of Onikaroshi contains an old Interview not the one from Gamescom.
    Last edited by mmoc29823230be; 2016-08-19 at 07:55 PM.

We did it for the entirety of Vanilla so it's not like it is a new thing they are trying. Doesn't mean some issues will arise and they'll probably put class protection on it. It won't be the end of the world will just slow down gear progression some tier wise so you can't keep bringing in alts and gearing them up and such.

Wow devs just tweeted
    https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs
    Seems there's been a miscommunication. Tier pieces still come from tokens in Legion, as long as the raid is using Group Loot or Master Loot.
    So its only item drops for PL.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Wow devs just tweeted
    https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs

So its only item drops for PL.
    Ah, finally the answer! Thanks for looking there :P

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Ah, finally the answer! Thanks for looking there :P
    Np they posted it like 5mins ago.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Nice to see this be snipped in the bud before it became too widely seen and then people think it's true. (Still get people thinking water walking mounts don't work in Legion)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.