Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joycemiester View Post
    Would it be a mistake to main beast master if I intend to play a lot of PVP in Legion?
    I don't care about how they are not considered a serious choice in pvE and choose to play bm due to the fantasy.
    However my experience of bm in pvp this patch has been bad. Has anyone had good experiences this patch in pvp with bm?
    Thoughts?
    Since I'm not allowed to post direct links yet, I recommend you to search for "[Legion] Beastmastery Hunter PvP Guide" on youtube (uploaded by GlinkAlt). I think it may answer your question.

Just keep in mind that Blizzard will probably tune numbers throughout the expansion, so BM may not remain the best pvp spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is my impression that BM is far better than MM in PVP atm. BM's PVP talents excel at allow you to kill targets, while MM is more CC focused. But the mobility and LOS issues will make it difficult to keep damage up in comparison to BM.

You should be playing both. Dungeons and raids are both going to be a major part of progression, and each has their strengths and weaknesses in the different types of content.
    Asking this question here is a waste of time. Go do research and focus on the one that you feel fits your interests better.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I don't main hunter so take my question with a grain of salt. Shouldn't BM be preferred in raids as they have much better mobility than MM because of the cast time on aimed shot? Usually hunters are assigned to different mechanics on encounters that require them to move a lot.

lol I asked azo a question on discord and he replied with information, ending with some condescending remarks.. Like bruh, I asked u a question because I actually didnt know the answer. I asked you because youre suppose to be the dude that knows hunters very well and im the dude that dont have all the hours of my life dedicated to wow. Like, dont run a discord group if youre gonna be condescending and calling people stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    The signature is a credibility thing, people aren't educated enough to tell fact from fiction from the words alone (as is evident by the misinformation in this thread that people will simply eat up), and you're better off trusting someone who can actually play the game when it comes to making play or character decisions.

Or maybe it's just crippling insecurity, but then again, I'm not the guy asking people if they are "alright" because I'm butthurt that they weren't nice to someone else, or whatever.
    somehow i doubt thats how you speak to people face to face. way to take earnest questions and turn it into a platform to highlight your anti-social maladjusted behavior.

Deleted
    I love how random people get upset at the guy who is making guides and taking time to answer all of these questions. 95% of all these "what should I play?" questions all boil down to "it doesn't really matter at the level that you are at".

At one point people will have to understand that if you keep hounding players Azortharion they will simply not share any information with you guys.

What will you do then? Who will you ask what spec to play?

Some people just need their hands held because they are stupid, while being shielded from any negativity because they are thinskinned. That's 2016 in a nutshell.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you are talking about raiding with BM, if you have tanks on AoE fights that are add grouping challenged, then BM aint gonna be good for you. But if you tanks are well stocked in the brain cell department, then you will heavily out damage marksmans on 3+ ad fights. Eventually the goal is to have a decently leveled MM artifact along with a MM gear set at the ready, so that you can swap to that for single target fights.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoji View Post
    I love how random people get upset at the guy who is making guides and taking time to answer all of these questions. 95% of all these "what should I play?" questions all boil down to "it doesn't really matter at the level that you are at".

At one point people will have to understand that if you keep hounding players Azortharion they will simply not share any information with you guys.

What will you do then? Who will you ask what spec to play?
    they could think for them selfs that would be really nice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    they could think for them selfs that would be really nice.
    Well that is what was happening in Vanilla and some people didn't know what chain casting was. The vast majority of players are just copy paste robots. In WoW, Hearthstone, HotS or LoL (pick any game). They google "what is the best spec for ..." and just roll with that, because the free guides and infos they find online written by better players makes them perform better.

On top of that when they go on the forums and act like a special snowflake and insult the very people they depend on to provide them with this information.
    Last edited by mmoc21d166f7e8; 2016-08-20 at 08:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people just need their hands held because they are stupid, while being shielded from any negativity because they are thinskinned. That's 2016 in a nutshell.
    There's a difference between not sugarcoating things and going out of your way to be an asshole. You definitely tow that line from what I've seen. It's like the saying: If you meet 1 asshole, then it's likely that guy is just an asshole. If you meet a lot of assholes, then it's probably the case that you're the asshole.

Take a look at my first 3 posts in the thread (what sparked this derailing, somehow), because I genuinely can't identify what would cause this level of outrage.

"Also, you know, if you just use your brain it's a pretty obvious choice." is the only vaguely "rude" line, and even that is tame as hell. Given the context, it was pretty obviously not a personal attack either. It says it like it is, if you understand how the specs work and what they are capable of at a pretty basic level, the mechanical advantages of a spec like Marksmanship are obvious. Obviously, I was talking about PvE when OP was asking about PvP, but that's not strictly related to the soundness of the argument, or whether it was somehow "rude" or not.

To that, some guy chimes in "
    What simulator are you using for pvp, exactly? Or did you fail to read the op and post a knee jerk based on someone wanting to play a spec you don't approve of?"

and another: "
    Now where is the upvote button? Love your reply Oplawlz. Azor might be knowledgeable about hunters, but the way he chooses to "inform" of his opinions always makes me smile when someone put him in his place" (what this guy is talking about in this context, I have no idea, because I can't conceive it to be related to what I actually wrote in the thread, guy's just looking to beat off over something or so it seems to me).

Please try and identify the aggressor(s) in this argument.

To me, honestly, it just looks like people are looking for reasons to have a fight, how much of an asshole I am is incredibly overestimated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take a look at my first 3 posts in the thread (what sparked this derailing, somehow), because I genuinely can't identify what would cause this level of outrage.

"Also, you know, if you just use your brain it's a pretty obvious choice." is the only vaguely "rude" line, and even that is tame as hell. Given the context, it was pretty obviously not a personal attack either. It says it like it is, if you understand how the specs work and what they are capable of at a pretty basic level, the mechanical advantages of a spec like Marksmanship are obvious. Obviously, I was talking about PvE when OP was asking about PvP, but that's not strictly related to the soundness of the argument, or whether it was somehow "rude" or not.

To that, some guy chimes in "
    What simulator are you using for pvp, exactly? Or did you fail to read the op and post a knee jerk based on someone wanting to play a spec you don't approve of?"

and another: "
    Now where is the upvote button? Love your reply Oplawlz. Azor might be knowledgeable about hunters, but the way he chooses to "inform" of his opinions always makes me smile when someone put him in his place" (what this guy is talking about in this context, I have no idea, because I can't conceive it to be related to what I actually wrote in the thread, guy's just looking to beat off over something or so it seems to me).

Please try and identify the aggressor(s) in this argument.

To me, honestly, it just looks like people are looking for reasons to have a fight, how much of an asshole I am is incredibly overestimated.
    I would argue those replies are due to your notoriety on this forum for being rude. So if you say something even slightly condescending or whatever, then people will get triggered by it.

If you don't realize why everyone on the forum thinks you're rude then you need more self awareness. Because as someone who has never argued with you before and has nothing against you personally, I can see that you come across as rude and condescending constantly.

In other words, people are looking for reasons to be outraged. Their problem, and their loss. A smart poet once wrote "'We do as much harm to ourselves and to others when we take offence as when we give offence.'"

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoji View Post
    Well that is what was happening in Vanilla and some people didn't know what chain casting was. The vast majority of players are just copy paste robots. In WoW, Hearthstone, HotS or LoL (pick any game). They google "what is the best spec for ..." and just roll with that, because the free guides and infos they find online written by better players makes them perform better.

On top of that when they go on the forums and act like a special snowflake and insult the very people they depend on to provide them with this information.
    ya i always find it dumb and annoying when people just use what they found online as the best one reason i stopped playing hearthstone its a pain to always fight the same unoriginal decks when i always made my own with mixed effects.

Deleted
    In other words, people are looking for reasons to be outraged. Their problem, and their loss. A smart poet once wrote "'We do as much harm to ourselves and to others when we take offence as when we give offence.'"
    you made the choice of informing others about hunters and class-game-play in general. why even respond on fora knowing that sometimes there is miscommunication. From time to time there are people not paying attention or even ask "stupid questions". Nobody has forced you to reply. cope with it or take a big cup of stfu and dont respond at all, good riddance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yabadabadoh View Post
    Nobody has forced you to reply. cope with it or take a big cup of stfu and dont respond at all, good riddance.
    How is it a good riddance if one of the leading players on a class stops sharing his views and insights with the community?

Quote Originally Posted by yabadabadoh View Post
    you made the choice of informing others about hunters and class-game-play in general. why even respond on fora knowing that sometimes there is miscommunication. From time to time there are people not paying attention or even ask "stupid questions". Nobody has forced you to reply. cope with it or take a big cup of stfu and dont respond at all, good riddance.
    Fortunately for a lot of people I care more about people getting the right information than I care about what random idiot #486 feels about it. ;P

Deleted
    Fortunately for a lot of people I care more about people getting the right information than I care about what random idiot #486 feels about it. ;P
    You care about people getting the right information but you don't even read the OP