Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Saurfang would have been the shit. They should have crippled Vol'jin, killed Sylvanas at Broken Shore, made Saurfang warchief with Nathanos taking control of the Forsaken. Then they "flesh out" Lillian Voss during the expansion to make her a more important part of the forsaken. Might have considered playing Horde again even if I would have to deal with elves...

Instead we're stuck with The Corpse Bride Waifu.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

She's got the most personal reason for fighting the Burning Legion. What she is is because of the Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    lillian voss is not a forsaken!
    Well, not within the faction no. She needs her story worked on. There's a lot of potential with her character.

I mainly want the zombie waifu to go away at this point.

Because Sylvanus is cool.

And maybe, just maybe, people will start writing "Sylvanas"... How hard can it be?
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Vol'jin listened to the "spirits" (cries of countless Sylvanas fanboys).

Also, why is it so hard for the fanboys to spell SylvaNAS properly?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Fan service.
    That's the short version indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Well, not within the faction no. She needs her story worked on. There's a lot of potential with her character.

I mainly want the zombie waifu to go away at this point.
    Her story is all undead must die, even spirits. There's nothing to flesh out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    No, she's just against Necromancy from what I gathered with Scholomance. Then she was still alive in WoD killing Necromancers.

Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    Can someone explain the reasoning behind the choice behind voljins snap choice to make her warcheif anyways?
    go watch the video its clearly said in their why she was chosen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    maybe if you read the novels you would have better understanding - its quite well written in novel with garosh trial what her vision on life and death is.

Aside from Thrall, she's the most popular Horde character. That's why.

Deleted
    Did you mean Sylvanus? I have no idea who Sylvanis is.

10+ Year Old Account
    So.. Why the hell would they flesh her out?
    Why not flesh her out for Stormwind and let her become the Queen there, because that makes just as much sense.

PS. Using 'waifu' every other sentence doesn't make you look cool.
    I've used it twice in like 2k+ posts. It doesn't change the fact that Sylvanas is poorly written and annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Lok'tar Ogar! that is until you're getting your ass handed to you. then it's "BACK TO DA SHIPS!"
    Even ignoring the part where it's Orc saying and Sylvanas isn't, you know, actually an Orc, the idea that the Horde doesn't know the idea of retreating and never have done so is retarded. Various quests and Orc history indicates that what the Orcs have a problem with is surrender, not retreat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    She proved great capability to retreat and shove it to her allies in the broken shore. Great commander indeed.

She lost against Arthas to begin with... so, yeah... great commander you got there. Be careful she doesn't turn on you.
    What did she shove to the Alliance, exactly? And no one would have won against Arthas under those circumstances. She was still so effective that she pissed him so much he decided to wipe out her race as a punishment for their defiance.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Did you mean Sylvanus? I have no idea who Sylvanis is.
    I have no idea who either of those people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Why would i be? Varian went down like a boss. Sylvanas turned tail.

I'm just saying that claims that she is a great commander are vastly exagerated. Maybe too much for you to handle? Sadness. :P
    In the actual cinematic, Varian turned tail just fine too. He only went down like a boss because the Alliance can't even manage a retreat properly, despite having air evac (and couldn't shoot at the Fel Reaver with the gunships guns, because reasons).

Saurfang would have been the shit. They should have crippled Vol'jin, killed Sylvanas at Broken Shore, made Saurfang warchief with Nathanos taking control of the Forsaken. Then they "flesh out" Lillian Voss during the expansion to make her a more important part of the forsaken. Might have considered playing Horde again even if I would have to deal with elves...

Instead we're stuck with The Corpse Bride Waifu.
    Voss isn't even a Forsaken. Saurfang is a walking meme. Nathanos had no build up since vanilla.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The Queue explanation on Blizzard Watch explained it pretty well.

"Baine has only been Tauren leader for a short time. In that time, he has never led a major military campaign on his own. The closest he comes is participating in the Darkspear Rebellion, in which he played a subordinate role to Vol’jin.

Sylvanas was Ranger General of Silvermoon, an acclaimed military tactician from a family of acclaimed military tacticians. She led the defense of Silvermoon against overwhelming odds and nearly succeeded in defeating the Scourge with Arthas at their head, only losing because a traitor betrayed their defenses to Arthas in hopes of seizing the Sunwell for himself. Later, she successfully reclaimed Lordaeron from thee Nathrezim and defeated both Legion and Scourge forces to hold on to it. She has military experience that Baine lacks, and by now she’s experienced treachery enough times that she’s excellent at spotting it.

The fact is, not one Horde leader even comes close to Sylvanas as a warleader. Lor’themar was her subordinate, he is by definition less skilled than she is. Baine is not as experienced as she is. Gallywix would be an absurd choice. Saurfang is old, a canny warrior but not one who seeks to lead. Saurfang is tired, and Sylvanas isn’t.

The Loa bit in the cinematic bothered me because it wasn’t necessary. Sylvanas is the best choice to lead the Horde at this particular moment. Do I like Sylvanas? No, of course not, she’s a maniac. But she’s a maniac who you could point at the Legion and she’ll do a ton of damage. She’s a smart, ruthless military leader with years of experience. She was Ranger General of Silvermoon during the Second War. I don’t think Baine was out of short pants yet at that point.

Now, I love Baine, and I absolutely think he’d be a great Warchief. But Sylvanas makes sense right now. Is Sylvanas evil? Oh, I’d say yes. Is Genn utterly justified in hating her? Absolutely, she murdered his son, invaded his country and dumped plague all over it. But it still makes sense that, facing a full scale Burning Legion invasion, you go with the most skilled, meanest, dirtiest fighter you have, and for the Horde, that’s Sylvanas."

Not allowed to link so check out the article manually: The Queue: With Swords

And this:

"Sylvanas is in her current situation because she is exactly what the Horde needs at this current point in time — vengeance. Vengeance for Vol’jin, vengeance for the Horde, and maybe even vengeance for herself, in some small way. After all, the Lich King was originally the Burning Legion’s creation.

And nobody does vengeance quite like the Banshee Queen."

Not allowed to link so check out the article manually: The Queue: Tails

- - - Updated - - -

I've used it twice in like 2k+ posts. It doesn't change the fact that Sylvanas is poorly written and annoying.
    That's not a fact. That's just something you made up because you don't like seeing a woman in power.

10+ Year Old Account
    My issue she's just a bad character. She's wishy-washy, annoying, snarky, a poor leader, actually evil, and the vast majority of people's obsession with her is "omg she is soooo hot". If this were Magatha Grimtotem people would despise her. From throwing herself off of ICC to trying to using the plague to commit genocide in Gilneas to plotting the murder of her family in War Crimes she's completely all over the place and I think the Undead need a new leader for their story to progress. "What joy is there in this curse?" to Oprah handing out undeath to every body(see what I did there) she stumbled upon.

I actually liked her as a character up until Wrath and then it's just been bad writing, but then again that's been somewhat of a trend at Blizzard for some years now.
    Last edited by Perkunas; 2016-08-21 at 02:05 PM.

Because shes the only one with enough experience to be Warchief.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica View Post
    Someone on reddit put forward a theory that Vol'jin made her warchief because he doesn't trust her. If Sylvanas is warchief, she can no longer do shady stuff behind the scenes, because now everyone has their eyes on her.
    Well that certainly didn't work out in Stormheim.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I don't like her" is not bad writing, that's you not liking her.

1. Wishy washy means lacking in willpower.. Are we talking about the same character?
    2. How is she a poor leader?
    3. Good, the "boobs" argument. Is it that hard to understand that many people just.. I don't know.. like this character without feeling to masturbate every time she gives a quest? Even Therazane has a fanbase!
    Wishy washy in that she can't decide if her people are her purpose or they are just mindless fodder for her goal, but I remember you from the last thread about her. You're all about Sylvanas despite all the great points about her like the genocide, the undercity with Putress and Varimathras, gloating at the death of her troops in Pit of Saron. We should probably agree to disagree because I could have Metzen come on here and apologize for her and you'd call him an idiot.