Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The funny thing is, many people reading this thread or even commenting on it will have been manipulated by operant conditioning, and may even be playing the game only for that reason even if they think they're not. Blizzard is the master of operant conditioning, it's partly why their games are so popular. Look at Overwatch and its shiny loot boxes.

OP, if, like many others, you are particularly susceptible to Skinner Box mechanics and cannot moderate your play time in WoW then you may have to abandon the game and possible the genre entirely. I am the kind of person who can easily get sucked in to playing way too much and consequently I take regular breaks from the game.

Have you tried setting an alarm for, say, 2 hours time, and making yourself log out no matter what when the time is up? That might be one way to help. If you want to quit entirely then find another pursuit.

I don't really recommend doing that since you did put so much effort into this account, but if you really-really wanna quit forever without coming back, get yourself a perma ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Sell your computer and worldly possessions then go off into the mountains and live the life of a hermit, away from all technology.

TL;DR: Achieve enlightenment. Become a hermit.

Try listening to the naysayers. They'll give you lots of reasons to start hating the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Invrlose View Post
    I'm asking you guys to help me with quitting wow for good. I've done it all. I've levelled every class. I've been a casual player, a hardcore raider, a mediocre pvper, a gold maker, etc.

I've had realm firsts, top 5 parses on some fights, bis gear . I've been playing for 8 years now and just don't want to play anymore. Tonight I saw some one post a picture of their 5500 hours on Dota and instantly thought "what a loser"and then I realized I have around 9000 hours on the wow.

I've tried quitting half a dozen times. In cata I quit for 4 months. I quit for almost the entirety of mop but I came back at the end to sell cm with some Australian friends. I was quit from August 2015 to December basically. A few other breaks here and there.

It's negatively impacted my life for sure. Countless hours wasted on a digital treadmill that I wish I could get back. No longer go to the gym as much as I used to.

I know it's as easy as just giving away all of my gold and deleting my toons but it's so hard. The game has been such a major part of my life whether I like it or not and it feels like I'm deleting a part of my self.
    Talk to a therapist, because you have a problem with addiction if you can't quit doing something you don't enjoy.
    Beta Club Brosquad

You mean you didn't quit during WoD, yet you're about to quit right when Legion is about to start? Are you mental?

Deleted
    Give me your account info and i'l help you quit wow for good

7+ Year Old Account
    As someone who used to deal with Video game addiction, my advice would be to find other things that bring you joy. Reality is, if you try to quit and don't have something to distract your withdrawls ( yes, at least i did have them ) then you will relapse. For me guitar was my saving grace. I still play wow maybe 3-4 hours a day ( when i was addicted i spent 90% of my waking life playing ). Also going cold turkey was what worked for me, again just have something to fill the gap. People may laugh but video game addiction is real, and it fucking sucks.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm asking you guys to help me with quitting wow for good. I've done it all. I've levelled every class. I've been a casual player, a hardcore raider, a mediocre pvper, a gold maker, etc.

I've had realm firsts, top 5 parses on some fights, bis gear . I've been playing for 8 years now and just don't want to play anymore. Tonight I saw some one post a picture of their 5500 hours on Dota and instantly thought "what a loser"and then I realized I have around 9000 hours on the wow.

I've tried quitting half a dozen times. In cata I quit for 4 months. I quit for almost the entirety of mop but I came back at the end to sell cm with some Australian friends. I was quit from August 2015 to December basically. A few other breaks here and there.

It's negatively impacted my life for sure. Countless hours wasted on a digital treadmill that I wish I could get back. No longer go to the gym as much as I used to.

I know it's as easy as just giving away all of my gold and deleting my toons but it's so hard. The game has been such a major part of my life whether I like it or not and it feels like I'm deleting a part of my self.
    give me your account password, and i will go get you banned, easy peassy

also playing isent time wasted, unless you literally arnt enjoying playing
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Contact Blizzards customer support and ask them to remove WoW from your bnet account.

Can't play a game you don't have.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Khubbo View Post
    use a fishing bot
    Won't help, been using it for past 5 monthfs each 3rd day - no ban

Send me your bnet account data via PM and I'll make sure, that you can never Play this account...

how do you quit for almost 2 years(entirety of mop as you say) and say you cant quit... 2 years isnt "taking a break" thats quitting. you came back because you wanted to play the game. honestly i bet you didnt do anything that differently when you stepped off that "digital treadmill" for that long. either get yourself perma banned(easy to do), delete all your characters, or learn some discipline and be a casual player who plays a few hours a week. i mean you say youve been a casual player too and i dont know how those few hours a week impacted your life negatively.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

10+ Year Old Account

Dont quit WOW just play WOW for 15-30mins evry week like most of casuals do, thats not much of life time.

Deleted
    delete wtf+interface folder if you cant play without addons
    get rid of all the gold
    UNSUB

7+ Year Old Account
    unsub, uninstall, remove your mmo-c bookmark.
    done.

bye bye!

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted

Speaking from personal experience -- The reason why you probably stopped playing and then returned was because of MMO-Champion activity. You visited daily and saw new awesome news regarding new changes in WoW and you always never stopped caring about WoW. The real solution for you to quit the game all together is to uninstall WoW, Stopped visiting WoW Fan sites and find a different hobby.

I've seen people quit WoW and they have just played some other game for the same time. (Or started spending hours watching youtube or twitch.)
    Don't expect things to magically change when you quit WoW, you don't suddenly have the urge to go to the gym etc.
    Problem often is playing too many hours overall and not just one game.

I was in a similar situation and instead of quitting WoW I just play less nowadays.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

I'll remember that the next time a smoker comes in to my pharmacy and asks what the best quitting aid is
    Actually. Both my brothers quit smoking without aid and they have been smoke free for years now. 1 of them for over a decade.

Try making a list of all the negative things wow has done for you and what it will keep on doing. Every time you want to play, think about that list. Will it work ? probably not. So why am i even talking. Hey look a penny.

You don't need a forum you need therapy. Also 9k hrs isn't much to feel your going overboard, Ive banked close to 15k (been playing since '07) and I have a stable job, work out thrice a week, have a relationship for the past 4 years now soon to be married. So yeah I don't think WoW is your problem you are probably sub consciously trying to escape something else in your life.

Just giving you my opinion see a professional.