Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Step 1. Exit WoW
    Step 2. Either click the drop down box above WoW and click uninstall or go into your control panel and uninstall it from there.
    Step 3. Log into your Battle.net account.
    Step 4. Select your currently subscribed WoW license/licenses.
    Step 5. Click "Cancel Subscription".
    Step 6. Log out of Battle.net
    Step 7. There are no more steps you are done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Invrlose View Post
    I'm asking you guys to help me with quitting wow for good.
    Talk to a professional psychiatrist. You're addicted to a videogame.

Wow isn't the problem, it could be "insert any game(s) here".

You could have played 900 games for 10 hours each and you would have still sunk the same amount of time, along with all the $$$$$.

You can't and won't stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way I see it, if you enjoy something why quit it? Moderation is key. I know it's hard to just do one thing and then stop playing but have a plan for what you want to do in WoW, do it and then stop and do something else. Next day do the same thing. After your session take a walk somewhere to clear your mind. I think you're punishing yourself for no reason. WoW is a hobby and you obviously enjoy playing it so why quit? Who cares if you have 9000 hours on it. Ask yourself this what else would you be doing with your spare time if not playing WoW? Probably wasting it by doing something even less productive than WoW or something equal like watching a movie/tv show or reading a book. Don't force yourself to not like things you actually really enjoy. Just doesn't make any sense to do that.

If you really want to quit though then just simply uninstall the game, change your password to "f43hf8934hfe89h89hgf8348934hv89h" and forget about it.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-08-20 at 01:43 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    @Invrlose I can tell you don't want to quit.

Don't make any rash decisions about your account...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I would seek professional help. The problem here is even if you quit wow you might just find another game to waste your time in. Wow has negatively impacted my life too it served as an escape from reality during my high school and junior high school years when I lost some friends and didn't gain many new ones. No girlfriends. My whole life have been overweight. Wow was one influence that kept me spending all my free time @ home in a chair playing a video game for long hours.

When I quit wow I have turned to other games or just started watching loads more television. Another thing that has changed for me is though perhaps for the best is when I return to wow it is never as fun as it use to be. I get so bored so quickly with this feeling that Ive already seen and done all that is worth doing in wow. I like the old world so much better than any of the new stuff and there is scarcely a good reason to travel in it + changed by catalcysm + empty very few players.

When I was a kid and playing wow I had to use to replace my social life that I didnt have so I was extremely social and flirtatious on Wow. Now im older and feel very less inclined to be social on wow because of the mixed feelings of not deserving attention, thoughts of guilt that I shouldnt be playing the game, refusing to commit to it long term anymore.

There have only been 2 expansions where I formed a somewhat strong bond with other players I interacted with Mists of Pandaria and the Burning Crusade. Everything in between has been really quiet for me I mostly play alone or on occasion with one person I know from real life that has played the game off/on as long as me.

I bet you have already tried this but try spending 1 hour less per day or a few hours less per week playing wow and devote some time to find other things you enjoy such as learning to cook, going to the gym, reading books, Spending more time with people outside of the house doing whatever.
    Last edited by Packing an i5; 2016-08-20 at 02:57 PM.

Delete your characters, give away your gold, and log off for the last time.

Avoid the temptation to call Blizzard and claim you were hacked.

Spend your time on something less addicting than WoW like Heroin lol

Just when I thought I was out... They pulled me back in.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm asking you guys to help me with quitting wow for good. I've done it all. I've levelled every class. I've been a casual player, a hardcore raider, a mediocre pvper, a gold maker, etc.

I've had realm firsts, top 5 parses on some fights, bis gear . I've been playing for 8 years now and just don't want to play anymore. Tonight I saw some one post a picture of their 5500 hours on Dota and instantly thought "what a loser"and then I realized I have around 9000 hours on the wow.

I've tried quitting half a dozen times. In cata I quit for 4 months. I quit for almost the entirety of mop but I came back at the end to sell cm with some Australian friends. I was quit from August 2015 to December basically. A few other breaks here and there.

It's negatively impacted my life for sure. Countless hours wasted on a digital treadmill that I wish I could get back. No longer go to the gym as much as I used to.

I know it's as easy as just giving away all of my gold and deleting my toons but it's so hard. The game has been such a major part of my life whether I like it or not and it feels like I'm deleting a part of my self.
    give me your account informatinad and ill change all the passwords. then mail me your computer. issue fixed lol. just kidding on a more serious note whenever you feel like playing go out and take a walk. gets you away from the screen and gives you fresh air and excersize. hope it helps/
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

15+ Year Old Account
    I have close to 25k hours over the last 11 years. How do you think I feel?
    Last edited by Video Games; 2016-08-20 at 03:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll remember that the next time a smoker comes in to my pharmacy and asks what the best quitting aid is
    Except it's true, my Mom was a smoker, tried quitting multiple times...using gum and patches and all kinds of stuff. None of it worked till she truly wanted to quit...and she did it cold turkey and never smoked again till the day she died.

You could use all these suggestions; or, you could, I dunno, be an adult and make a choice and stick with it.

Grow up op dont be little bitch. Wanne quit uninstall and do not look back. You return after that you did not want to quit.

Grow some balls, its like smoking. If you realy want to quit you do not need any tool or help to do so.

I'll remember that the next time a smoker comes in to my pharmacy and asks what the best quitting aid is
    I quit smoking 11 years ago cold turkey. Why? I wanted to. It's not as big a thing as people make it out to be.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Deleted
    Just like the threads were we're supposed to choose someone class - we really can't help you quit. Not sure why this thread is still open.

But since you've realized you have a problem, that's good, it's the first step. You need new habits and different perspective - now go talk to real people - family, friends so they can help you through this. Book a time at therapist, if you don't have anyone to talk to or if you think you need professional help.

Seriously.

In it's current format, the most rewarding way to play WoW is casually.

To help me understand, what specifically keeps you coming back to put in extra hours at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Fieranda View Post
    Grow up op dont be little bitch. Wanne quit uninstall and do not look back. You return after that you did not want to quit.

Grow some balls, its like smoking. If you realy want to quit you do not need any tool or help to do so.
    How old are you? 15? You sound like it.

Sometimes people have underlying issues like anxiety / depression that make this harder than you might think. When you grow up you might experience some of them.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    9120 Hours with my second account (= since End of BC), played Vanilla with my first account hardcore.

Get on my level nooooooooooooob
    Casuals...

27,264 hours played... your level is just a dot to me.
    Last edited by whywhatwhowhenhow; 2016-08-20 at 04:12 PM.

Quitting altogether is very hard because you invested so much time in the game and your character. Why not just play much less? I've played WoW very hardcore in the past and now I'm super casual, I basically only play to do achievements and a few things here and there, I quit hardcore PVE or PVP altogether. I can just log on whenever I want and play, without feeling "locked in". I'm at a stage in my life where my priorities are Uni>Gym>WoW. Just set your priorities and stick to them. WoW should always be something you do when you have freetime anyways, just like any other hobby.

mirin your lifts btw.