Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I did not like the warlock version of metamorphosis at all so I am thrilled that is gone. I am not 100% sold on all of demo, but it is so much better currently in my eyes.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    The awkwardly short duration on demons make me feel stressed about DE. And unleashing a Dreadstalker, GoM Felguard, Darkglare and Doomlord combo just feels like I'm wasting damage, which maybe I am.

But casting DE inbetween every cast... how incredibly dull. I really hope they change a few things like demon duration, but put a cap on them (imps and dreadstalkers), instead causing "excess" demon spawns to be either converted into duration or damage/haste on existing demons. Demonology gets insane on high haste/bloodlust because there's no cap currently.

I'd much rather feel like gearing a Demon lock is slowly getting to a point where my demons become more longlived ("better at controlling them, keeping them submissive longer blabla" -class fantasy) or perhaps even permanent under the right conditions but not to the point I have 30 wild imps phasing in/out constantly as im awkwardly weaving DE.

It's too bad because I really enjoy the theme, style and feel of Demon otherwise.
    Buuuut I really miss MoP Demo atm...
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

I had never tried Demonology before Pre-patch because Metamorphosis just wasn't my thing. But I really do enjoy the playstyle and the cadence of combat. Demonic Empowerment feels a lot better when you line it up with the artifact ability.

If I could make one change, I would make Grimoire of Supremacy more desireable for the spec. I feel like it can't compete with the extra demon + versatility of Service, plus you're losing a cooldown. The class fantasy is based on summoning demons so the strongest demons should feel strong. What I'm saying is I wish I could walk around with my Infernal out all day and not feel gimped. Because that infernal skin is DOPE.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Supremacy always seemed like it would be nearly impossible to balance. The doomguard/infernal would have to be insanely strong to compensate for losing both your regular demon, as well two CDs (regular doomguard and Service.) While you could probably balance that in a pure raid setting, the resulting pet would probably be way to strong in the open world and/or PvP. Unfortunately that means supremacy will probably NEVER be the best option for anything.

They could just make supremacy give the warlock an extra damage modifier to compensate for loss of pet/cd.

Like " In addition, you now do % more damage".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    They could just make supremacy give the warlock an extra damage modifier to compensate for loss of pet/cd.

Like " In addition, you now do % more damage".
    While i agree that supremacy needs some change, what you suggest would just make it a watered down passive version of synergy. Atm supremacy is a good talent for soloing with the infernal. Perma doomguard could also be beneficial in a fight with regulary priority adds that dont spawn on the boss. (situation where you cant abuse the felguard whirlwind and travel time of the felguard would hurt you - smthing like Imperator intermission phases in HM i guess)
    Last edited by mmoc0a8eb2d698; 2016-08-31 at 08:29 AM.

I enjoy it, I just wish the ramp up and mobility were a little better.

Didn't plan on raiding demo, but got the Fizzlebang ring. So i'll prob be playing it here and there.

damage seems to be a bit undertuned, but the game play is fun and rewarding. loving it so far,
    BETA CLUB

if they made DE enjoyable to press, I would have mained the class like in early beta, where demons were massive including shadow binding around em