Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Oh, where have I heard the "Well that player shouldnt have won the Heisman" after a bowl game before...

*dons Vince Young Jersey*

- - - Updated - - -

Good and boring are not mutually exclusive. Bama is REALLY good, but they are also pretty boring. However, this is just taste tlaking, cause I do prefer thepassing game, unless you're D'Onta FOreman or Ezekial Elliot. Which I suppose is ironic considering Texas has a history of amazing RBs...
    They haven't had a decent on in a while though have they?

To me throwing the ball 70 times a game is just as boring as running the ball that much. I just don't see what is that interesting about knowing that every single play is going to be a throw down the field.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    It translates perfectly into the No Fun League. Sure, they produce pure garbage running backs for the league, but otherwise decent across the board.
    Part of that is the type of back you need in the NFL as well. You can't just be big and strong and run north and south anymore, you gotta have some lateral quickness and be able to make some moves. Not to mention I wouldn't say Bama's backs not being that great in the NFL is really a product of the system tbh. Some haven't panned out due to injuries, some have played on some really bad teams, and some have been on teams that just don't really run the ball anyways. Others just don't have the brains to adjust quickly to the NFL game, none of which I would really say is a fault of the Bama system.

I mean lets take Elliot and Dallas. Take his butt and stick it behind Cleveland's O-line, and he's probably doing good to break 1000 yards on the season, if he isn't just beat to hell as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    uh, D'Onta Foreman is this year Armor so yeah, Id say we've had decent RBs recently

RIP shoe. Foreman will never forgot the sacrifice you made so he could have a TD.

Oh, where have I heard the "Well that player shouldnt have won the Heisman" after a bowl game before...

*dons Vince Young Jersey*

- - - Updated - - -

Good and boring are not mutually exclusive. Bama is REALLY good, but they are also pretty boring. However, this is just taste tlaking, cause I do prefer thepassing game, unless you're D'Onta FOreman or Ezekial Elliot. Which I suppose is ironic considering Texas has a history of amazing RBs...
    Huge difference in Vince Young vs Reggie Bush and Deshaun Watson vs Lamar Jackson. Deshaun won vs Lamar during the season, young didn't. Bush won his conference and competed for a national championship, Lamar didn't. Reggie had incredible stats against quality teams all year. The only respectable games Lamar had were FSU and Clemson.

Heisman has been getting away from its values for awhile though.
    Johnny manziel and rg3 being good examples.

- - - Updated - - -

Lane Kiffin is officially out at Alabama.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    Lane Kiffin is officially out at Alabama.
    Wonder how much influence that will have. He was quite a good play caller, but let's be honest, Alabama lives and dies by it's defense anyway. If they can get someone half way competent to call plays they should still be doing much of what they have been doing on offense.

With Clemson and Alabama being so evenly matched last year though, have to wonder if a small change like this tips the balance.

I think it won't make much of a difference in play calling. Sark is a fantastic coach. The difference for Clemson this year without a doubt will be Mike William and Deon Cain. Last year DW has 405 yards without arguable the best receiver in cfb. Deon Cain is a great deep threat too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too little too late, Florida finally figured out how to score points.

- - - Updated - - -

Went to watch the Auburn game, USC/Penn State still playing. Kinda exciting at the end here. USC scores to tie at the end of the game in 39 seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

Then Penn State throws two bad passes, the second was intercepted, USC gets a last second field goal to win. Crazy ending.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems my feeling that Florida would smash Iowa and USC and Penn State would be fairly equal came out pretty damn well. Which means every single significant Big 10 team lost it's bowl game, mostly to teams they were supposed to beat.

Big 10 was clearly overrated this year, much as it pains me to say. Hopefully they'll do better next year.

10+ Year Old Account
    So glad that the Rose Bowl was such a thriller, best bowl game of the season. USC will be the it team for the Pac12 2017, unless Darnhold regresses. It was nice to finally have a PAC12 game pre-empt some eastern teams on fucking ESPN. Its usually a shit show looking for the 5pm Pac12 game, because the Georgia-Middle Tennessee State game is running long... its on ESPN-NU, no wait on ESPN-N... fuck that shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hooray for my Alma matter USC! Glad they're on the rise again.

Also, wow poor Auburn lol. Big 12 putting up an ok showing this year.

Big 10 is who we thought they were. I had also picked Northwestern and Wisconsin to lose, came close.

NCG prediction: 34-20 Bama

Bye, Felicia.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

uh, D'Onta Foreman is this year Armor so yeah, Id say we've had decent RBs recently

RIP shoe. Foreman will never forgot the sacrifice you made so he could have a TD.
    Eh haven't heard of him. I'm not gonna lie though, most people don't pay that much attention to Texas these days, other than to point and laugh at the continued drama that goes on there. I mean everyone outside of Texas fans hates Texas so it shouldn't be that surprising

As far as Kiffin being gone, its honestly the right move. His play calling in the Peach Bowl was horrible, and frankly, its a wonder Bama didn't lose their QB to it. You got a guy like Scarborough running all over them and you keep calling pass plays and QB runs. I could of called a better game than he did. It's pretty apparent from the noise coming out of Alabama that the guy just wasn't interested in messing with it anymore. Apparently he did a very poor job preping the players, the practices that week were horrible. Saban finally said enough and told him to get the hell out. Honestly I'm surprised Saban is being nice about it and not just telling everyone he ran his ass out of town.

Ultimately I think it is why Kiffin will fail once again as a head coach. Now some don't go to the extreme that Saban does obviously, but most good head coaches aren't free flowing, they are disciplined and they expect their coaches and players to be the same way. The ones that are, well they tend to end up in NCAA trouble for not controlling their coaches and players.

Generally I have a pretty good bearing on games, but this one is a bit iffy. I think Clemson has enough defense that its going to be hard for Bama to score, and have the type of offense that can put up points in multiple ways. Right now my though is Clemson by a field goal, but I'm not exactly sold on that either. Definitely don't think it will be a blow out.
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2017-01-03 at 01:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    armorboy is mean. I reporting you to the mods!

wait, I am one of them. Damnit.

I wish I could object, but until we are actually good again we deserve the shit. Except saying we havent had a good RB recently. I think D'Onta came up 6th in the Heisman voting.

Anyways looking foreward to the NT. Appreciate your input, even if you're as bad as an Aggie and a Sooner put together

even if you're as bad as an Aggie and a Sooner put together
    A-G-G-I-E, what's that spell? What's that smell...
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

armorboy is mean. I reporting you to the mods!

wait, I am one of them. Damnit.

I wish I could object, but until we are actually good again we deserve the shit. Except saying we havent had a good RB recently. I think D'Onta came up 6th in the Heisman voting.

Anyways looking foreward to the NT. Appreciate your input, even if you're as bad as an Aggie and a Sooner put together
    Hey if I wasn't a former SWC guy it probably wouldn't be that bad, it's the reason I enjoy the Texas suckatude so much. And I'm not really trying to be mean, I just really haven't heard of the guy which is pretty weird because I generally keep up with College Football pretty well. Pro's, now that's a different matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok I misspoke. He came in 8th

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...esults-ballots

and I get the rivalry, which is why Im laughing instead OMG IM SO ANGRY. Could be worse. You could be an aggie. However, you know as well as I do football is cyclical, so Texas will rise again. Hopefully Herman can produce some magic.

Honestly think it's going to once again come down to if you can keep the boosters in their seats where they need to be and leave the rest of it alone. Bigger issue too is there are lots of good places to play now in that area, so unless they just have some crazy desire to be at Texas they have a lot more options than back in the day. Schools like TCU and Baylor used to be a joke, not so much anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Honestly think it's going to once again come down to if you can keep the boosters in their seats where they need to be and leave the rest of it alone. Bigger issue too is there are lots of good places to play now in that area, so unless they just have some crazy desire to be at Texas they have a lot more options than back in the day. Schools like TCU and Baylor used to be a joke, not so much anymore.
    Although Baylor has the tiny problem of a major scandal still hanging over its head. While most of the major personal responsible for that are gone, its not something you brish off considering just how wide spread it was within the Baylor and Waco community.

but boosters have been wanting Herman form the start so I'm sure they'll give him time. I dont think there will ever be another Mack Brown in terms of being able to master all facets of the Texas job perfectly, but I think Herman can come close. As long as we don't get another Peterson as AD. God that dude was so out of touch with the college atmosphere.

Also, I'm also a TCU fan so I cant complain too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Former Colt OC and current Browns Offensive Assistant Pep Hamilton (known mostly from his work in college at Stanford) is weighing if he'll join Harbaugh at Michigan as part of the offensive staff. Seems a good plan to reunite him with Harbaugh as long as they keep him away from the play calling duties. His work in that area for the Colts last year was god awful (and got him fired).

He should be a good hire though if he sticks to just coaching and setting up the passing coordination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Former Colt OC and current Browns Offensive Assistant Pep Hamilton (known mostly from his work in college at Stanford) is weighing if he'll join Harbaugh at Michigan as part of the offensive staff. Seems a good plan to reunite him with Harbaugh as long as they keep him away from the play calling duties. His work in that area for the Colts last year was god awful (and got him fired).

He should be a good hire though if he sticks to just coaching and setting up the passing coordination.
    Not sure if you saw this conversation in IRC, but Florida and Michigan play week one next year. Not sure why, but it's gonna be interesting.

Honestly if your gig is at Cleveland I would take the job at Michigan. There is no long term stability for coaches at Cleveland.