Built via BotM: Won't boot.

So I'm coming back to WoW for Legion. Decided my 4 year old build wasn't worth it anymore. Thought I'd take the easy way out and build straight from the Build of the Month. Problem is the damn thing won't boot. The power light is on for the motherboard, the fans from the tower, graphics card and heatsink all spin.

I've double checked my wiring, everything is hooked up properly.
    Any help would be awesome

Build is:
    PSU: EVGA 650w
    CPU - Intel i5 6600k
    Heatsink: Scythe Mugen
    Motherboard: Asus Z170-A
    Memory: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4
    Graphics: GTX 970 OC Edition (From July BotM)
    SSD: Samsung 750 Evo
    HDD: Seagate 2TB

EDIT: Problem solved, mods may delete thread
    Last edited by Zortorai90; 2016-08-20 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Problem solved, mods may delete thread
    I just want to say, that I just want to say.

Usual suspects.

Is the 8pin connected near the CPU?

When you mean it wont boot, you mean you dont get any image on the monitor right?

Remove the 970 and plug it in straight to your mobo, same happens?

Yes Potis, removed the 970. Still nothing on screen.
    The 8 point ATX is plugged to the PSU.

Any chance you've connected the power pins with reversed polarity?
    Edit: Sorry just got to the part where fans spin, so it's not the power button cables.

Are you trying to use the SSD as the boot device?
    Use Rufus to make a bootable usb from your winX iso, go into the bios and set appropriate boot order options.
    Look around the net if your motherboard / firmware needs an upgrade or specific settings to see the SSD as a boot device.
    Last edited by Roadblock; 2016-08-20 at 09:02 PM.

Roadblock, I can't even get to the bios to set a boot device.
    I'm using my old HDD from my previous build, would that be causing any issues?

I did notice while double checking the power pins that the red MemOK light is on. I made sure the Memory Sticks were placed correctly and they are properly secured.
    Last edited by Zortorai90; 2016-08-20 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zortorai90 View Post
    Roadblock, I can't even get to the bios to set a boot device.
    I'm using my old HDD from my previous build, would that be causing any issues?
    The system should at least POST I think, but the easy way to find out is to temporarily pull the sata and power cable from the old HDD (shut down the PC first)
    Try again, if you get the post screen then yea you've identified your problem.

Edit: Goes without saying make sure your gfx card and ram sticks have "clicked" in place properly.

Apart from the HDD.

Remove the ram, both sticks if there are two, it wont boot of course but you should get an error in either lights or sound.

Plug in just one ram on its "1_1" slot, there are always like "primary" and "secondary" dual channel slots, it should say on the motherboard or in the manual exactly which is which.

if that still doesnt work, unplug both rams and remove the battery for a good 15 mins and then plug only one and retry.

Do you have a pc speaker? Remove the graphics card and connect your monitor to the motherboard video outs.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Apart from the HDD.

Remove the ram, both sticks if there are two, it wont boot of course but you should get an error in either lights or sound.

Plug in just one ram on its "1_1" slot, there are always like "primary" and "secondary" dual channel slots, it should say on the motherboard or in the manual exactly which is which.

if that still doesnt work, unplug both rams and remove the battery for a good 15 mins and then plug only one and retry.
    Unplugged both sticks, it beeped at my on start up. Plugged only one into the main port, light still on.
    Unplugging the PSU right now. Guess I'll try again in 15 minute. With how many times I've turned this thing on and off, I probably broke the damn thing.

Unplugged both sticks, it beeped at my on start up. Plugged only one into the main port, light still on.
    Unplugging the PSU right now. Guess I'll try again in 15 minute. With how many times I've turned this thing on and off, I probably broke the damn thing.
    It doesnt break by turning on/off ;p

My motherboard has mental issues and goes into boot loop if it remains off power for more than 2mins, i had "turned it on and off" thousands times.

I never said unplug the PSU, i said unplug the battery, this :

http://pctechnotes.com/wp-content/up...ve-battery.jpg

And keep it off for a good 15mins.

Also, have you mounted the motherboard when installing onto these :

http://www.cybergooch.com/tutorials/...m/IMG_6805.jpg
    Last edited by potis; 2016-08-20 at 09:39 PM.

It doesnt break by turning on/off ;p

My motherboard has mental issues and goes into boot loop if it remains off power for more than 2mins, i had "turned it on and off" thousands times.

I never said unplug the PSU, i said unplug the battery, this :

http://pctechnotes.com/wp-content/up...ve-battery.jpg

And keep it off for a good 15mins.

Also, have you mounted the motherboard when installing onto these :

http://www.cybergooch.com/tutorials/...m/IMG_6805.jpg
    Oh the actual battery, my bad.
    And no, the motherboard install guide didn't call for mounting then on anything like that.

Oh the actual battery, my bad.
    And no, the motherboard install guide didn't call for mounting then on anything like that.
    o.O The case usually has them there by default, at least any decent case does but the motherboard should always be mounted, there is a high chance to fry the motherboard otherwise.

o.O The case usually has them there by default, at least any decent case does but the motherboard should always be mounted, there is a high chance to fry the motherboard otherwise.
    The case did have raised stand offs. Just nothing like that image.

Edit: I can't say I've ever removed the battery on the motherboard before, how would one do that. It doesn't seem like it wants to come out easily.

Edit 2: Well damn, maybe the issue is the memory isn't listed as capabilities with the motherboard on the motherboard user manual.

- - - Updated - - -

Left the thing sit without the battety for about an hour. Still nothing. At this point I'm ready to assume the memory must have came dead l arrival.
    Last edited by Zortorai90; 2016-08-20 at 10:00 PM.