Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Take it from someone who spent 20 years looking into nonsense like this. There is plenty of magic in the real world. Study science. There are still hidden truths yet to be discovered there. Have sex, dont have sex. Whatever. You can definitely obtain different states of consciousness by altering your habits. For instance, if you isolate yourself from people, you run the risk of going insane. You have to ask yourself a question. What are you really looking for, and why are you looking for it? Do you want some sort of magical edge over others? Do you want to know things that others dont? And if not, whats the point of looking for magic if you aren't going to use it once you find it? Do you think it will fill a void? You have to answer some really important questions before you start any journey. Do you disagree with the current direction of society and think that this counter culture is the solution? Or do you see something that appears challenging to others, but are confident you can take on the challenge easily, giving you a leg up in your quest for a trophy?

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you OP. I quite enjoy sex and it's a nirvana in itself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    For some it is, for others it isn't. Everyone is different, my friend Adam!
    Most relationship experts agree sexual compatibility is important. Sure a minority don't need it but that's irrelevant to the general consensus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Most relationship experts agree sexual compatibility is important. Sure a minority don't need it but that's irrelevant to the general consensus
    And general consensus is irrelevant, when applied to individuals.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    And general consensus is irrelevant, when applied to individuals.
    Fine >.>

#whatev

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    I am not talking about Harry Potter or whatever, but the mind (free from sexual desire) is able to see past primal urges, and opens up doors others cannot see. In essence, you evolve past the human body's urges and transcend into your mind.
    Thoughts?
    Unless you are genetically defective in some way, there is no such thing as "human mind free of sexual desire".
    The desire for that is essentially hard coded into our DNA in order to ensure our species survival.

You don't need the absence of desire in order to be able to control yourself and look past it. That only needs DISCIPLINE which you can acquire/learn with or without sexual encounters.

I'm saying this as a wizard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Unless you are genetically defective in some way, there is no such thing as "human mind free of sexual desire".
    The desire for that is essentially hard coded into our DNA in order to ensure our species survival.

You don't need the absence of desire in order to be able to control yourself and look past it. That only needs DISCIPLINE which you can acquire/learn with or without sexual encounters.

I'm saying this as a wizard.
    Don't think I've had a "sexual desire" at any point in my life. I mean, sure, I was attracted to people's looks and such, but never, at any point, did I think, "I want to have sex". It never crossed my mind.

Nature works a bit more complicated than in absolutes.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, sure, I was attracted to people's looks and such
    Basic sexual desire and mostly what I was referring to.

Sexual desire can have different forms, not every form includes you ripping her/his clothes off and banging her/his brains out in your mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Basic sexual desire and mostly what I was referring to.

Sexual desire can have different forms, not every form includes you ripping her/his clothes off and banging her/his brains out in your mind.
    I doubt it is related to sex though. Never cared about it at all. It would be like the least relevant factor in a relationship for me, less important than whether my partner likes coffee or not.

Wizard u said, huh? Hope my Archon form unlocks, so I will fly and kill everyone..

7+ Year Old Account
    Please stop trying to justify your complete lack of commitment or effort towards starting and maintaining a relationship. The very proof of this is the fact that you are writing in a forum trying to have people agree with your thoughts (excuses). It reaffirms that you are disappointed in yourself and you are trying to get shelter from random people of the internet who might be in the same situation you are.

If you actually pursued enlightenment you wouldn't be here in the first place.

Deleted
    The only power you get from this 'path' is more money for your personal pleasure, a better retirement plan (old age) and less std complication. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Chronosspn View Post
    The only power you get from this 'path' is more money for your personal pleasure, a better retirement plan (old age) and less std complication. ;p
    Those are amazing powers if you ask me :P

Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    I have contemplated pursuing this endeavor, as I have reasons to believe that staying abstinent until a certain age does, in fact, grant you otherworldly powers. I am not talking about Harry Potter or whatever, but the mind (free from sexual desire) is able to see past primal urges, and opens up doors others cannot see. In essence, you evolve past the human body's urges and transcend into your mind.

I believe that following this path will grant you powers similar to the Buddha, and allow the worthy to transcend into Nirvana. Those who doubt this are foolish and in doubt, but they were never worthy of Nirvana to begin with.

Thoughts?
    A fundamental Japanese ideology is - do not fight nature. Go with the flow.

Build on top of it instead of going against it and bragging how mighty you are. Because in reality, all you are doing is defying your own nature. It's by embracing it, that you can unlock your true potential.

(You can thank me later.)

10+ Year Old Account
    First off: Necro

Second off: Sounds like a guy who can't get any.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post

Build on top of it instead of going against it and bragging how mighty you are. Because in reality, all you are doing is defying your own nature. It's by embracing it, that you can unlock your true potential.

(You can thank me later.)

Weeeeaaaaab

waxing poetic aside, I doubt that "remaining a virgin until 30 to cleanse oneself of lustful desires" is based in much reality or fact.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    This philosophy is also popular amongst pedophilic Jellybeans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I think they prefer the term "lolicon."

And it's not pedophilia if it's a 300 year old vampire that just happens to look like a 9 year old girl, right?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    First off: Necro

Second off: Sounds like a guy who can't get any.

- - - Updated - - -

Weeeeaaaaab

waxing poetic aside, I doubt that "remaining a virgin until 30 to cleanse oneself of lustful desires" is based in much reality or fact.
    Guy before me necroed apparently.

"Weeeeaaaab"? Seriously? I study Japanology in university... What I said was actually a quote from my professor, lol. (And it was her explanation regarding japanese architechture)

Don't get the "waxing poetic" part, but I wasn't defending his post. I was humouring it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Um, what?

Deleted
    if this is the way you think no sex will turn out then chances are, no one would willingly have sex with you anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    It took me until age 32, and I don't have any special powers because of it.