Poll: Does exclusivity make a better game?

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    i saw it and it still nonsense

free epics at the end of progression is something other then free epics at the second week of the expansion from your cache
    Once again fallow along, I wasn't talking about the cache or anything WOD related.

I though u was done, Did you not just say this.

have fun with Jtbrig7390 and the crowd alike which demanding this, im out
    You seem salty maybe u should unsub,delete your account and do something that makes u smile.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-08-22 at 07:13 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    Not even remotely true. The game is absolutely nothing like the way I remember it when it was progression based. And, I'm not even referring entirely to raids, all aspects of the game have changed dramatically.
    No? Raids still form the focus of the content patches. Raiders got their raids. Everyone else got compromise. If Blizzard were to cater for the casual players, they would reduce their investment in raids. 3 large raid tiers? More likely 2 small raids.

No. Better game isn't all about the exclusive content. Better game is all about fun. When you gate the content with some long time "chores" to be fulfilled first, then it won't be fun anymore. Sure, it'll feel much more rewarding. But as the game and myself grow older, I don't see time sink gating system is desirable to do anymore (at least for me). I mean, it was great at the time. But to repeatedly have such "inconvenient feature" on every new content, it would feel tedious over time. Just like how I feel about daily quests shits (yes, I'm glad those zillions mandatory dailies are gone).

Imo Blizz has taken a great move to cater every type of players around to enjoy all of the contents they desire today. They provide LFR for casuals, Mythic for those hardcores, List of achievements for those who even more dedicated. What else could you ask for? Thing that really make me wonder is this extreme egoistical-snowflakes-exclusivity-nature of some players, that they just don't want to share anything to others. Just because they think these "filthy-casuals" don't deserve the content because they're not trying as hard. Not that I actually bothered though.

There's still many way to be this so-called snowflakes in WoW outside of just to gate the content. For example, mount is like the best trophy you can always show around. You can always boast off your exclusive pvp gladiator's mount. Or maybe as pve player, you can clear out Mythic raid and ride around the mount on the raid's earliest day. Just to think of it, even to this day I still haven't seen as much ppl with Blackhand's mount around. Or just buy that 2 millions gold spider mount maybe? It's still worth the boast even if you just buy all of the gold for it. Or even if you really that extreme, why don't you just join the world first race? It'll make you even prettier snow flakes when you actually make it, don't you think?
    Last edited by Rezhka; 2016-08-22 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Locking content behind a skill check barrier or time sink. Does it make the game more immersive for you?

Is "the journey" and "epic quest for rare unique rewards" healthy for the quality of the game?
    or
    You want the majority of content open to the masses?

Possible controversial issues:
    -Easy / Welfare Epics
    -Buying Mythic runs with gold for mounts
    -LFR
    -A big % of people will not be able to see all the content
    -Snowflakes VS Wrath babies

Just so you know, i am a proud snowflake who thinks exclusivity is key for immersion.
    I think reward proportionate to effort makes the game better, but I think it's a good idea to be flexible about how the reward is achieved.

Variety is the spice of life. Some limited exclusive stuff is good
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

I coulnt care less for shit like reputation, this expansion's gonna last 2 years,
    I guess I'm gonna have plenty of time to farm rep in 2 or 3 years.
    Or even gear or crafted gear, At this time of the year we're having free ilvl 700 shit just afking in the sky. by the end of Legion they are going to give away ilvl 950 items.

But a things like puting a restrain for Mythic Karazhan only, no fucking way.
    What the fuck is their problem ? They think guild and server community are going to be reborn by creating a Kara hype ?
    Since when blizz are putting MMO in WoW ? it's a new thing ?

yes, this whole single player mmorpg thing seems not worked out that well as they imagined it seems
    Ya totally, isn't like they have made billions and is the number 1 MMO in the world...

3 Dungeons are not under LFG, that doesn't mean they have gotten rid of the idea of using que systems. It just means they are catering to both sides and that's something they have always done.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

someone is triggered
    Nope not really and if all you can do is fall back on saying someone is triggered then you prove my point.

Also you saying this makes u seem more triggered than anyone.
    cant be asked, to much effort, blizz mouth feed me pls

have fun with Jtbrig7390 and the crowd alike which demanding this, im out
    You seem triggered bra.

With the way you have acted in this thread, why would anyone want to group and deal with you.

yes, this whole single player mmorpg thing seems not worked out that well as they imagined it seems
    It's just too late for them, we are not 14 millions anymore and the server are still empty even after crz.

So give me my Karazhan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I take your point re: bugged, but my point would be that exclusivity/grind/etc. was clearly not enough of a draw to get people to hold on past that, nor to return once it was fixed.
    You get a single launch in this genre. If you fuck up your launch and scare off your potential community before they are established IT'S OVER. There's no coming back from that UNLESS you have a godly IP and are willing to shutter your game and fix EVERYTHING like Final Fantasy did. Wildstar did not have that ability nor the foresight so they've gradually fixed things, but it is too late even if the raids are AMAZING and they are damn good. There's no chance people are going to go back once they have been burned.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

huuush its ok, blizz gonna give you free epics because you suck at the game, dont worry, dont hyperventialete that you must do something in this game
    Ummmm salty, Its going to go good with my side of Legion.

I do love how u say I am bad and yet keep your character hidden.

I don't think it's quite so cut-and-dry, and there's a middle ground between four different difficulty settings and more pointless layers of difficulty, and pre-WotLK "you earned rare gear and you liked it" mentality.

This is the tricky detail that most people don't seem to recall for whatever reason about past expansions....many people wish for gear disparity and, I guess I'll say, "ladder" style progression as opposed to "tunnel" style progression (you gear your way through each level of content vs a streamlined gearing path with difficulties at the end) but in the modern day this simply would not work for one reason: the streamlining and power of itemlevels versus pre-WotLK.
    When I got 60 for the first time, and entered raids like MC and BWL with my guildies in much better gear than me, to be completely honest what class each person played and how well they played it was drastically more important than what gear you had. Almost anyone can attest to this that played back in the day that there were some items from 5-man dungeons that were drastically more powerful than even BWL drops because of odd itemization.
    As itemization changed its course and every item began to have more and more merit, the power of each piece of gear increased drastically. The difference between an ilvl 200 and 219 player was significant, hell, 200 vs 213 was even pretty crazy. Blizzard understanding this issue with their new direction for itemization is what made them have to accommodate; the game didn't change much at all as far as difficulty obtaining items, what they were doing is making sure that the disparity was not so huge as to be impossible to surmount as it wasn't even really a consideration in classic and to a lesser extent BC. You could get by with those blues if you knew which blues were good, now if you had 187 blue items and you tried to enter H25 Naxx you were deadweight by comparison.

The true devil to a ladder-style, one-difficulty progression system is how inflated the value of armor is. WoD exemplifies this, with their asinine legendary ring and crazy tier set bonuses that make even attempting to participate feel like an effort in futility and create this weird divide of "haves" and "have nots" in PvE, where if you do not have your tier set and trinkets then any raid group you manage to get into is essentially providing charity work. If Blizzard could manage a solution to this - if they even want to - then I feel as if the game as a whole would be far better off. Tying so much of your power to gear, trinkets, legendaries and tier sets forces the game to accommodate every player and lower the ilvl gap or we face a WoD fiasco all over again.
    If they can solve these issues though then I would love a return to the idea of exclusivity and gating content, because by lowering the value of gear and ilvl they would be putting more power into each individual player and allowing people to get as far as their skills, patience and connections allow them to.
    Last edited by Irian; 2016-08-22 at 10:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Yes being buggy didn't help but all games are at first. Same shit happened in vanilla wow. But show me one example of a hardcore centered game working nowadays? People do not want that anymore unforunatly.
    And show me a single game beyond the exception with Warcraft (as it was already an established game with millions and millions of people prior to handing shit out) that gives everybody a trophy and people flock to it. There aren't any. It's a bad request as there's 1 800 pound gorilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    And show me a single game beyond the exception with Warcraft (as it was already an established game with millions and millions of people prior to handing shit out) that gives everybody a trophy and people flock to it. There aren't any. It's a bad request as there's 1 800 pound gorilla.
    Never played FFXIV have you where it has its own version of LFR and its 4man dungeons.

I admit both are a bit higher in difficulty, But 100% easy to clear after the first week.

You guys spend way too much time worrying about what other people do and have.

You are basically the guy who owns a red 69 mustang who gets butt hurt when another red 69 mustang pulls up to you, pissed off that you are not the only one like you thought you were. Then when you pass a 2016 Ford Taurus you get all haughty like some how the car you spent way too much on somehow makes you a better person. Unfortunately that nifty car can't erase the black hole of a soul your meat suit has to carry around.

It is a fucking game played by millions of people, get over yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Well, since you yourself mentioned FFXIV... I mean, it's no WoD, but the mechanics are simple enough, and duties/trials in the finder are easy enough that, much like LFD/LFR, anyone who queues in has a more than reasonable expectation of succeeding barring the most current tier of Extreme raiding. FFXIV's equivalent of proving grounds also functions more successfully, both by rewarding you with a strong low-level set for 15-25 duties and by actually teaching you how your role functions in a group environment, with mechanics that actually show up in the duties rather than just trying to train you through trial and error to handle three peoples' worth of CC with no tank and no healer.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post

You are basically the guy who owns a red 69 mustang who gets butt hurt when another red 69 mustang pulls up to you, pissed off that you are not the only one like you thought you were. Then when you pass a 2016 Ford Taurus you get all haughty like some how the car you spent way too much on somehow makes you a better person. Unfortunately that nifty car can't erase the black hole of a soul your meat suit has to carry around.

Well said.....

I am happy that blizzard clearly doesn't listen to that group anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post

I don't care about others have. We just want the feeling of adventure, the quest, the journey.

The era of showing your red mustang is long past gone. With transmogs you can be the most awesome player with lvl 60 armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Never played FFXIV have you where it has its own version of LFR and its 4man dungeons.

I admit both are a bit higher in difficulty, But 100% easy to clear after the first week.
    You can literally eat every mechanic in LFR and auto-attack the boss and you can still complete every encounter. LFR is a complete joke when it comes to content. Heroic Dungeons at appropriate I-level are more difficult.

10+ Year Old Account
    nothing should ever be truly removed. Moderation of access is the key. I have no issue with raid mounts being nerfed to 1% drops, old titles being accessible or, for example. Old elite pvp gear/gladiator mounts being put up as conquest mog or on the vicious saddle vendor.

Time is key here. Earning that mount, that title should be it's own reward. You get to own it "first" and enjoy it for the longest time before others are able to try. There's no reason to remove things
    Wrath baby and proud of it