Talking DK VS Warrior raiding in Legion

Hei, so I have been away from the game and generally not been able to keep myself up to date with the changes to all classes. I was a main raider in a 13/13M guild, but because of work and personal life I had to take a break. So now coming Legion I want to make a change, I was playing Ret paladin, but with the changes I want to swap. Rets track record doesn't help it either, as I was swapped with other people simply because I was playing Ret and they played something better (DK or Warrior).

So now come Legion I want to swap from Ret to either Warrior or DK. And I know a lot of people will say "play whatever you think is fun", but the fact is that I think progression is fun, meaning I want to play a class that will regularly have a raid spot. So what I am asking the good people here is, what is "better" Warrior or DK, what are the pros and cons, and how is it looking for the two classes in legion raiding.

Really looking forward for some constructive feedback.

10+ Year Old Account
    The pros of one class are the cons of the other. In that DKs have shit mobility while Fury has shit survivability. DKs have better defense and both warrior specs have better mobility.

I cannot speak for Arms, other than that it doesn't have the Enrage penalty. Then again, it doesn't have AMS or IBF, and either HUGE IBF DS heals (Frost with Artifact trait) or Corpse Shield. D stance is weird now (10sec toggle).

If you are used to Ret (having slower mobility but more tankiness, and HoPo), I would recommend DK. The added bonus is that both UH and Frost look decent to good or great in PVP, while Fury looks to be more DPS than Arms (rough impression) but to be meh in PVP (personal 7.0 exp).
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    If you are used to Ret (having slower mobility but more tankiness, and HoPo), I would recommend DK. The added bonus is that both UH and Frost look decent to good or great in PVP, while Fury looks to be more DPS than Arms (rough impression) but to be meh in PVP (personal 7.0 exp).
    Fury/Arms are both monsters in pvp compared to frost, unholy isnt anything special now it can't do near full dps from 30 yards away although still threatening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Fury/Arms are both monsters in pvp compared to frost, unholy isnt anything special now it can't do near full dps from 30 yards away although still threatening.
    Is PVP Fury good with the artifact and honor talents or something? Because when I was trying it out at 100 in BGs, I felt like it was really lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Is PVP Fury good with the artifact and honor talents or something? Because when I was trying it out at 100 in BGs, I felt like it was really lacking.
    It's good even @ 100 in BG's - very few can take you out 1 on 1 which makes you great for holding down points. Your mobility + fear can lock down flag carriers and often get the kill with healers present.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    IMO its too ealy(even now) tuning and dmg fixes will be applied before 1st raid opens.

DK any day even if we ignore the damage tuning for a second.

DK is incredibly useful in 5 mans, Warrior is useful in raids.
    I'd much prefer a DK in my team all around, but there is no reason you can't play warrior if you prefer it.
    COmmanding should goes a long way for sure.

But Brez, grip, and crazy exponential AOE is going to make DK a very very strong candidate for 5 man pushing.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    It's good even @ 100 in BG's - very few can take you out 1 on 1 which makes you great for holding down points. Your mobility + fear can lock down flag carriers and often get the kill with healers present.
    If anyone cares, I gave Fury PvP another chance, and was much more impressed. The problem is, from what I have seen, Arms is still better than Fury in PvP, meaning you have one PvP spec and one PvE. It was always this way, but this is a bigger problem with the Artifact... AFAIK DKs do not have this problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    War for raid tanking DK for Mythic+ tanking.

DK for raid DPS and Warrior for Mythic+ DPS.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama