Thread: Spellsteal WA

Spellsteal WA

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to know if anyone would supply me with a WA that tells me when a spell on my target can be stolen (audio ping), and then once stolen shows the spell stolen with remaining duration.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nazeroth77 View Post
    Hey everyone,

Just wanted to know if anyone would supply me with a WA that tells me when a spell on my target can be stolen (audio ping), and then once stolen shows the spell stolen with remaining duration.
    maybe an addon i can only imagine a wa aura to show if a there's a spell that's spell steal-able and only so much

I was looking at https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/spellstealer (SpellStealer) but it's not up to date :/

Quote Originally Posted by nazeroth77 View Post
    Hey everyone,

Try this: https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/mage-nuggets

If you find some features annoying (I do), just disable them.

Deleted
    The way to trigger this is provided by the default methods. It might not be very straight forward though to figure out. It's Type: Aura, Use Full Scan, Tick Stealable, unit is Target and type is Buff.

PS. Anyone know of a mob to test this easily without entering pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    The way to trigger this is provided by the default methods. It might not be very straight forward though to figure out. It's Type: Aura, Use Full Scan, Tick Stealable, unit is Target and type is Buff.

PS. Anyone know of a mob to test this easily without entering pvp?
    One of the Invasion bosses has this Fire debuff where you do 50% more fire dmg per Stack. It is stealable so try your luck to get one of those bosses and try it out
    What I am curious of is, if it would be possible to get feedback from the target to show actually the targets Buff Icon and not the Spellsteal Icon

Deleted
    I found a Tanaan mob. Wowhead flags are useful. To show a spell icon, it does it by default here, I don't think I had to change anything for that.

Spellstealer may not be up to date, but is still working for me during invasions.

Deleted
    Try this for an alert of a stealable spell.
    Not sure how you would make a special aura for time remaining on the just stolen spell. If you find anything please do tell.

Code:
    d4tIdaGEss62KyxkuBJu1PvAMss1CvGzl4Zu4tKK6VIOVjc)usYoHs7fTBkTFsImkjPmmOyCQupfmuskgmjrnCr1bjfofjjogv5CKIwOK4KKuzXKu1YL4HQKQvPsslts9CvnrscMkvMSIMoXfPQ0vvjXZiLUUk2Oc5YsTzkA7IK(ijH(QkPmnr57Iu(TqpgQgnvvJNKsxsK4wQexJu58kOdd51uvCtrQME0rarhfcpH6X1J9g7rqHWKWKocQTktZVfo6scmy80NqhgpT1AwJPwlnVKPJWWQmn)w4Om9zzA1v7LD755PvVM08sMociCztTDL1WOlPhNnXIHacx2O9PJWlOIqhHpEStcQZkDXeH3d0yoJ2FW1AKpACkOFGAIP1fnof0NEpx0aiESZFWhTOY4OHbHzm5hp2jRqHcbPSggDHocwKsNmM3fKeleuqcU)QP6uEvRkeWpVevs6FNnbzv6jbZti84ilRq4yxHGGkgTqaDKiEiABQEcNVt(sJci1hAwHGfP0eUkfc(71WVWr3361NLOoRgZDcpT6YO5LSeecr0Kocck0wHockNGS0rHcb8a6F6i8R1i0esxdv0xkeoFNepG(NviuIHMockNGS0rHcbteUSrlDeuobzPJcfc5PMlOqBf6iOCcYshfke(8gNoc)AncnXQLGYjilDeBnRqSAzfkuimxtZf)eKH0rq5eKLokuiuq4nDeuobzPJcfkemJwbwvTjwp9eM7NhqdbbH7ZtifRkPYQnLNqPn2O1nmVjS4rlH1Uss8OsEOLEsSEeq2vbjB0shbZ1UVF6iidZBc5L(BHqEP)wiyuIPrHcHxq4(8xpAf0AvARqOQR4a1Pc(syNeG8oeEPrbcOqUFeXIzSocPTtXphDFRxVomAQnHM6QXCFFtZlzjiypkUYAy0LNy9iGMZv2OffskL1WOlpDui8cc3NxnX1keQUVJCuiKkX6Lv7rHe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Levia86 View Post
    Not sure how you would make a special aura for time remaining on the just stolen spell.
    That would need a basic buff weakaura. For specific buffs it's simple. For someone to do it with arbitrary buffs it won't be easy because it would have to trim the mage ones out.

Deleted
    Why people bother with addons or trying to set up a WA for this? You know there is option in the interface menu that show if there is a dispelable/spellstealable buff on the target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    Why people bother with addons or trying to set up a WA for this? You know there is option in the interface menu that show if there is a dispelable/spellstealable buff on the target.
    For the same reason we use any add-on. We want something special that we can control and make to our own liking. Sometimes it's redundant but most of the time it makes something better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    option in the interface menu that show if there is a dispelable/spellstealable buff on the target.
    Where is that?

Deleted
    I can't find it where exactly it is located now after the prepatch. As far as i remember was in the raid settings, but i dont see it there atm.
    It is still active in my game. Here are screen shoots how it looks

You can clearly see how the buffs on the boss that I can spellsteal(or dispel) are highlighted
    Last edited by mmoc0c907153ea; 2016-08-24 at 08:24 PM.

Deleted
    use weak auras, under triggers select use full system scan (high cpu usage), with that enabled, you get new options, among them is Spellstealable.