Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Uhm, you are doing something wrong. I'm playing melee and I rarely die. The only ones dying are tanks and stupid dps who get aggro. Other then that, pay attention to mechanics and run out of shit on the ground (or in, in case of Shadow Gale).
    Wouldn't say that's true.. I've been leveling an alt of the same class I'm 13/13M on, and I actually die a lot, some abilities are really badly scaled, like some dots ticking at 1k hp when you have 2k HP.

I didn't mind until it happened in Tarren Mills and it's like a 5 mins body walk.

But good for you if you didn't die much, but I can assure you between level 30 and 60 I've seen lots of useless deaths due to bad scalling, like if sometimes it didn't register my own level first but the one of another person, and that also happened on some trash mobs that started to hit a lot harder than expected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    So you want Blizzard to do everything for you then? Next step is that all you have to do in sign up for the raids, Blizz takes over once you zone in...since obviously people have more important things to do than play a game they pay for.
    Blizzard DOES form raids automatically when you zone into Ashran which you've obviously never done or you'd have known that they already have the feature in game.

Second, yes, they should auto form raids for invasions because they're casual, time limited content. Most people are simply going to fly to the invasions, not sit in LFD looking for a group that's led by some whiny brat with a stick up his ass about taking people under 100 or something. This is especially true if they're chain running them (i.e. doing the ones that are up, then coming back for the next set an hour or two later, etc).

Is it VITAL? No, it kind of works the way it is, but would having raids form automatically *like they do in Ashran* have been better? Yeah, of course. After all, it would help healing, etc.

Next time you try condescension, make sure you're not making a fool out of yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    and that also happened on some trash mobs that started to hit a lot harder than expected.
    The trouble for me are some elemental packs in southern westfall, near the abyssal boss. Real fun to land and tag the boss then have ?? mobs charge halfway across the world and one shot my level 60something toon.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    The trouble for me are some elemental packs in southern westfall, near the abyssal boss. Real fun to land and tag the boss then have ?? mobs charge halfway across the world and one shot my level 60something toon.
    Yes, those are exactly the ones that one shot me.

Deleted
    The best non organized content blizzard can make is afk content. Or it's the least painful one.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Blizzard DOES form raids automatically when you zone into Ashran which you've obviously never done or you'd have known that they already have the feature in game.

Second, yes, they should auto form raids for invasions because they're casual, time limited content. Most people are simply going to fly to the invasions, not sit in LFD looking for a group that's led by some whiny brat with a stick up his ass about taking people under 100 or something. This is especially true if they're chain running them (i.e. doing the ones that are up, then coming back for the next set an hour or two later, etc).

Is it VITAL? No, it kind of works the way it is, but would having raids form automatically *like they do in Ashran* have been better? Yeah, of course. After all, it would help healing, etc.

Next time you try condescension, make sure you're not making a fool out of yourself.
    Technically Ashran is an instanced zone, where it matches faction numbers as much as possible and puts you in a queue if full or too many of 1 type in a zone, and where everyone is the same level. Yes, Blizzard could do that for invasions, but they would also have to incorporate XP again disparity between being put in a raid with 15 level 10's, 20 100's, etc. It's a lot more number tweaking than what you have in Ashran. Could it be done? Sure, but then you have to look at the issues they've had balancing XP agains from shared mobs and scaling tech on top of then tweaking those numbers to be balanced around a raid group.

The invasions should have auto-grouped you at zone in, a la pre 7.0 Ashran. That would have solved some problems.

But overall, that's just a really minor complaint against what has overall been really fun

The final stage enemies are basically raid bosses, but no one's fighting them in coordinated raids. They should do a lot less damage overall, at least with their melee and unavoidable abilities if nothing else. Also it would be nice if all their mechanics scaled to prevent low level people from dying instantly to them.

They should've just add appropriate notifications on bosses' abilities, as no one knows what do they do, and fix the scaling, as they instantly kill any lower-level character.
    Also, who the hell put an invasion in Kharanos, a freaking 1-10 zone??

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Wouldn't say that's true.. I've been leveling an alt of the same class I'm 13/13M on, and I actually die a lot, some abilities are really badly scaled, like some dots ticking at 1k hp when you have 2k HP.

I didn't mind until it happened in Tarren Mills and it's like a 5 mins body walk.

But good for you if you didn't die much, but I can assure you between level 30 and 60 I've seen lots of useless deaths due to bad scalling, like if sometimes it didn't register my own level first but the one of another person, and that also happened on some trash mobs that started to hit a lot harder than expected.
    I know, but the point was that melee has it harder and again, in case of lower levels, EVERYONE has it harder. Ranged dies to bad scaling just as quickly as melee.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 0123456789 View Post
    How do you not get aggro? The boss munches through the tanks and then starts 1 shotting everyone else, I'm on that aggro table so eventually i'll get aggro and bite the dust. The only melee class I survive on is rogue because I can drop aggro, the rest not so much. Not unless I tag and run, but that's not what you mean by "not getting aggro" right?
    <- hunter

Still, on my alts I almost never get aggro either, as there are so many people fighting the boss, someone else usually gets aggro soon enough (like tanks ressing). But yeah, there's not much you can do when you get aggro due to tanks dying, but that's not biased to melee. Ranged has the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    I had a gnome last night and I was lvl 3 while browsing around Dun Mor, which was under invasion.... THERE WAS NO NPC OR ANYTHING. No Zoning no nothing, the whole world was off for the whole invasion.
    You did something wrong then. I started a gnome while it was under attack was able to quest up to 6 before I said screw it. I could see the constant lightning buffs on me, but all npc's were there to continue leveling. At level 6 I said screw it, I'm gonna walk somewhere that gives more XP (was on lvl 3 quests) and once I walked out the starting area the invasion thing prompted so I was able to do it before 10.

Doom Lord's Curse is such a fun mechanic. It's like the boss is pointing his fingers at a few random people every so often and yelling "YOU! You're not getting my 50k exp!".

I know, but the point was that melee has it harder and again, in case of lower levels, EVERYONE has it harder. Ranged dies to bad scaling just as quickly as melee.
    That's not exactly the point that OP was trying to make. It's not that melee have it harder in terms of survival, it's just that they're a lot more likely to be caught in the crossfire on a lot of the boss abilities. A ranged DPS has more... well, range. They don't have to be right under a massive boss with 20+ other melee characters stacked on top of each other, so they can usually see what's happening a bit more easily. And if a melee DPS gets aggro on the boss and dies, it can sometimes devolve into a game of hot potato with the boss running around killing everything in its path. Same with a ranged DPS.
    Last edited by Archibalde; 2016-08-23 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ironik View Post
    Same here. 702 Vengeance DH and dead within seconds. I never get healed. The other problem is hunters not turning off pet taunt, causing the boss's cleaves to wipe half the people.
    Except the bosses I've seen are immune to taunt. I've used it on my hunter when tank about to go down to save them and get the good 'ole IMMUNE message.

So if a hunter pet is tanking it's because they are doing more threat than you. Which isn't hard if they are lower levels.

I tap boss and afk, i don't want to waste my 300% xp elixir
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    I tap boss and afk, i don't want to waste my 300% xp elixir
    You're doing it wrong if you stay around to kill the final boss with the xp elixir.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    The invasion dies off, and focuses around the boss at the main invasion point.
    You kill the boss and mop up the remainders.
    The 'representative' of that invasion defense thanks you via talking head.

Do you have talking head disabled via addons etc?

To clarify the exp thing - you get the stage completion exp but not the mob exp while dead. This goes for invasions and pretty much anything else
    Nah, so you finish the invasion bit. Im not sure if the Khadgar bit is a carry on from this portion of the quest or not, but I got it when I returned to Stormwind so I assumed it was.

Did the Khadgar quest and head to Dalaran and then it just stops after he tells you to go do something. That portion of the quest is not in game yet but theres no indication of that, it just stops.

Uhm, you are doing something wrong. I'm playing melee and I rarely die. The only ones dying are tanks and stupid dps who get aggro. Other then that, pay attention to mechanics and run out of shit on the ground (or in, in case of Shadow Gale).
    Biggest problem is mechanics, nobody wants to bother with them.

I've attempted to heal a few of these invasions, all is well until several tanks, and a few stupid dps show up and taunt/taunt/taunt/taunt. Most of the time I can't target/assist fast enough, by the time I've cast a heal on current tank, someone else already took agro and is dying/dead.

I did level a melee class on invasions, and by the time I hit 100 I had enough boxes saved up to upgrade weapons to full and slot everything 700+ buy ring, trink, felbats and sit on 1000+ shards.

1 shot mechanics get pretty rough starting in your mid 70's and doesn't ease up until late 90's.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Get out. Its alright like it is. The Legion generals are supposed to be overwhelming powers we can only best with the powers we discover on the broken isles!

And guess what! We dont have those yet.

Get used to being gutted.

The only ones dying are tanks and stupid dps who get aggro. .
    tanks can only survive like 2 melee hits, that leaves no one tanking for the dps that get 1 shot.