Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I recently worked like 25 days out of 28 and my body just went "Bleh" and just keeled over for a couple of days sick as hell.

Need rest.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Do you have ANY source, on this? Or are you just pretaining to your usual practice of spewing Bullshit that you believe, measuring it's correctness with your degree of Zeal?
    Someone is butthurt . Not my problem that you are an incompetent programmer, and need source to make trivial points. Sleeping less (<6 hours) to work more and be productive has been empirically shown to be bullshit. Human body, in mid ages, needs 6-8 hours of sleep. You can find the publications easily, I am not going to bother. For the corporate lies, I've read some stuff but quick googling didn't help me, so as always I am not gonna bother.

Either believe it or reject it, I don't give a damn. And for fuck's sake, go back to Programming Fundamentals course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    You're arguing on extremes. There are those that worked a decent job their whole life, but failed to take any retirement planning actions. They believe that the Govt was going to take car of them and they would have plenty of money to keep living like they wanted, that's just bad thinking. Greece had a great system, but it wasn't a sustainable one and now look where they are.

I can't live and plan my life around what some corporate monkey is going to make and how early they gets to retire. There has always been those who are richer than the majority of others. Maybe we'll some day reach some perfect Utopia were we all have equal stuff. Or global warming made lead to dire events and we're back to living like cavemen
    Uhh...no. It was you who has gone to extremes, saying people should work until they die and calling others extreme who disagree with right-wing nuttery.

Paying into Soc. Sec. for example is not thinking "the Govt was going to take car of them". That's a form of retirement insurance that workers pay into and have a right to receive a return from. And don't mistake someone's "failure to take any retirement planning actions" for the fact that many cannot afford to put X% of their net income aside into some private retirement acct. For many, that's impossible when they need every dollar just to make it every day.

Greece's problems were largely due to the loans foisted on the gov't by IMF, World Bank, BiS that they well knew couldn't be paid back, and were assisted by Goldman-Sachs and other Wall St. crooks as the financial take-over of a country. I can post relevant articles if needed.

No one said anyone should plan their lives around the compensation of executives or whatever. That's just silly.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2016-08-24 at 12:58 AM.

Deleted
    Maybe it makes you sick if you are a stressed out person or when you hate your work.

My work weekss vary from 50-80 hours and I love every minute of it.
    But I work for my own business and doubt I could work that many hours for someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Maybe it makes you sick if you are a stressed out person or when you hate your work.

My "work" weekss vary from 50-80 hours and I love every minute of it.
    But I work for my own business and doubt I could work that many hours for someone else.
    Fixed that for you, I've worked 66 hour weeks and you wouldn't be here posting about it you'd be asleep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    Fixed that for you, I've worked 66 hour weeks and you wouldn't be here posting about it you'd be asleep.
    What kind of work was that? Sounds like physical labour if it tired you that much.

I have found stress is usually brought on by myself at work. If I keep up on my knowledge, skills, and productivity my boss hardly notices me and that really just means I have to work 3 or 4 hours out of a normal day and then socialize the rest away. Do crunch times exsist when major projects are due and such? Sure. But then I get mega bonuses for meeting those harsher deadlines and usually an expanded team. A 10 or 15k check seems worth it since all I have to do is bump the 3 to 4 hours of real work a day up to 5 or 6 for a couple weeks (piss change to what the business makes).

Truth be told most of the problem is people only look at pay when it comes to their jobs instead of their passion. I could easily go to other firm and make a lot more money but they are pure production firms that bring people in to burn them out for big but fast money. Most people get caught in this trap going going from place to place that are like this merely because of the bottom line even though it sucks ass. This leads to constant worry about being replaced by the younger faster person and constantly being asked to do more with less. Yeah that stresses you the fuck out since you are likely also caught up in the one up mentality that those places breed about who has the nicest car, biggest house, and most whorish companion.

Fuck all that. Find what you like to do and do it for companies that respect their employees. They are out there! But you have to look a little harder because they advertise less because of less turn over. Sure you might make 2 or 3% less a year but that is cheap compared to a life filled with endless stress.

Another "study". Sigh...