Deleted

Thinking about getting back in Legion

And i have some questionz.

1) All glyphs are removed. But i love Disenage glyph that made the fly further. Is it completely removed or backed into ability?

2) Now you can PvP with PvE gear and only item lvl is important? Thats very cool.

3) What profession will be the best for MM hunter? Ive seen some links with theorycrafting, but i want to hear your opinions. Engeneering Glider now has 5 minute Cooldown?

4) When is it better to start playing? Bored of WoD, but need to prepare my addons. Currently have 93 lvl hunter. Should i try to lvl him to 100 in one week or should i just use 100 lvl boost?

Deleted
    You can get 93-100 for 2 hours, just save the boost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabseeker View Post
    You can get 93-100 for 2 hours, just save the boost.
    Where and how? Last time i played it was ~5 hours for 1 lvl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasek View Post
    Do invasions. They're worth a ton of experience.

Deleted
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-iyGZZlDVo

Even with normal questing u will get 2-3 levels for 5 hours...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabseeker View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-iyGZZlDVo

Even with normal questing u will get 2-3 levels for 5 hours...
    Oooo this is too complicated!

Are Invasions good method?

2) Yes and No. PvP Gear still exist, but the difference is max 10%. You can loot them from BG chests (correct me if im wrong)

3) Many consider JC/Mining as a pretty good combo for Legion, but LW/Skinning will work too. THe 850 BiS gear is mostly crafted. Its really up to you, there are no differences dmg wise.

4) Well, its up to you. But I would give it 2 or 3 Days before launch. So many things to prepare: Clean Bags/Bank/Questlog. Get to 100. Do some Dungeons to get to know your spec. Maybe do the 7 Mythics for those really good level trinkets (scale up to 815). Do those invasions, they drop pretty neat 700 stuff. Really helps at 100-102.

Are invasions good?

Hells yes. Do it. Tag all those named elite and get those sweet sweet exp. when youre rested you will fly to 100.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faeny View Post
    Are invasions good?

Hells yes. Do it. Tag all those named elite and get those sweet sweet exp. when youre rested you will fly to 100.
    This, you can also give yourself more xp from them by resetting just when you hit the fourth stage. Every time you do, it puts you back at stage one, leaving you free to get up to 100k [rested] xp for some of the bosses again and again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyph View Post
    This, you can also give yourself more xp from them by resetting just when you hit the fourth stage. Every time you do, it puts you back at stage one, leaving you free to get up to 100k [rested] xp for some of the bosses again and again.
    There was XP nerf from Invasions. Is it this nerf still up?

Deleted
    The nerf made it slower but it's still pretty fast and more importantly, effective.

As far as I know, the chest do indeed scale, at least that's what I've read several times (they could be all wrong though)
    So if you open them @ 100, you'll have itemlevel 700-720 with a itemlevel 725 weapon (if you buy the upgrades). On top of that, you can buy ring/neck/trinket as soon as you are lvl 100 too.

I don't know if it's faster if you farm mobs (they/you scale down/up) alone, as long as nobody helps you, you should get 100% XP from them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faeny View Post
    2) Yes and No. PvP Gear still exist, but the difference is max 10%. You can loot them from BG chests (correct me if im wrong)
    Wait a moment. Maximum PvP gear and Maximum PvE gear will be equal in PvP? Because only Item lvl is important now? About which difference do you speak?

Wait a moment. Maximum PvP gear and Maximum PvE gear will be equal in PvP? Because only Item lvl is important now? About which difference do you speak?
    Explaining:

- PvP gear does not exist anymore (there's gear gotten from PvP'ing, but ilvl is really all that matters)
    - When you enter instanced PvP, all your stats are replaced by a template
    - There's a base item level in instanced PvP. Anyone bellow base item level receives a template that makes them equal to that.
    - If your average item level is greater than the base PvP item level, every point in item level that's above the base gives you a very small percentage increase in stats. Blizzard said that the difference between base item level and max item level possible in Legion (Mythic raiding or high ranking PvP) is at most 10%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Explaining:

- PvP gear does not exist anymore (there's gear gotten from PvP'ing, but ilvl is really all that matters)
    - When you enter instanced PvP, all your stats are replaced by a template
    - There's a base item level in instanced PvP. Anyone bellow base item level receives a template that makes them equal to that.
    - If your average item level is greater than the base PvP item level, every point in item level that's above the base gives you a very small percentage increase in stats. Blizzard said that the difference between base item level and max item level possible in Legion (Mythic raiding or high ranking PvP) is at most 10%.
    Yeah, i know that information, i mean, high item lvl gear from PvE will be same strong as gear, obitained from PvP activity?

Yeah, i know that information, i mean, high item lvl gear from PvE will be same strong as gear, obitained from PvP activity?
    Yes. And high ranking matches in PvP will also give higher ilvl gear, which will be helpful in PvE.

And i have some questionz.

1) All glyphs are removed. But i love Disenage glyph that made the fly further. Is it completely removed or backed into ability?

2) Now you can PvP with PvE gear and only item lvl is important? Thats very cool.

3) What profession will be the best for MM hunter? Ive seen some links with theorycrafting, but i want to hear your opinions. Engeneering Glider now has 5 minute Cooldown?

4) When is it better to start playing? Bored of WoD, but need to prepare my addons. Currently have 93 lvl hunter. Should i try to lvl him to 100 in one week or should i just use 100 lvl boost?
    1) Removed
    2) Yes but the scaling is very minimal. The power difference of a 800 ilvl player vs 850 isn't going to be as much as it used to be
    3)Professions offer very little in terms of raw player power. JC gems are a good bet. LW to craft your own gear and upgrade via Obliterum forge also good.
    4) Asap. Catch up. Get the free 700+ ilvl gear at level 100 from invasions so leveling in Legion is smoother. Level via invasions. If you have the gold, buy the Elixir of the Rapid Mind for even more XP. Save until stage is about to complete.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Deleted
    Is it possible to hide my resource consumption on my resource bar, when i cast something? This transparent thingy.

@Vasek

With cloth lvl100 heirlooms equipped (im lvling up hunter atm) one invasion grants me 26% of level. I'm currently 95.

There are 3 invasions per 2 hours, so that is 78% / 2 hours.

Getting almost whole level every 2 hours just by AFKing is quite nice.

Is it possible to hide my resource consumption on my resource bar, when i cast something? This transparent thingy.
    Not sure what do you mean. You can completely disable Personal Resource Display in the middle of screen by going to:
    ESC -> Interface -> Names -> uncheck Personal Resource Display
    Last edited by Wenoxar; 2016-08-23 at 10:41 AM.

i did 90-100 in 10 hours on the day of launch, you mustve done something wrong to take this long.