Issue with new monitor

Hi All

Hoping you can help me out, i was running U28D590D up until yesterday, the screen started going back for a few seconds every roughly every 15 minutes. I have had it for two years so decided to replace it. We has some Asus Rog PG278Q's in at work so i picked one up and took it home.

The issue i am having is that the text seems a little fuzzy, especially in WoW, with the U28D590D the text in Elvui looked sharp but now it looks very fuzzy and in some cases hard to read.

So my question is, am i missing something in the Windows/WoW settings or am i just noticing the difference between 3840x2160 of the U28D590D and the 2560x1440 of the PG278Q and its in my head?

Thanks in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

After some searching, I found a couple of posts saying to try enabling 'Disable display scaling on high DPI settings' in the compatibility options. I am at work at the moment so I am unable to test it. Has anyone else had to do this for WoW in Windows 10?

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

That seemed to make no difference whatsoever, back to searching around I guess.

I'll throw in my two cents. Have you updated your graphics drivers? If so try completely uninstalling them and then reinstalling them. Have you tried using a different display cable/display port on your monitor/GPU? It could be any of those points giving you issues. Are you running Display Port from your monitor to your GPU, that would be ideal. Does it ONLY happen in WoW or everywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    I'll throw in my two cents. Have you updated your graphics drivers? If so try completely uninstalling them and then reinstalling them. Have you tried using a different display cable/display port on your monitor/GPU? It could be any of those points giving you issues. Are you running Display Port from your monitor to your GPU, that would be ideal. Does it ONLY happen in WoW or everywhere?
    Hi, thanks for the reply. I have re-installed the drivers (and windows) using the clean driver install option. It's happening in diabolo also. I can grab a new display port cable tomorrow and give that a try. Strange thing is if I turn off ui scaling and zoom in it looks fine but I obviously can't play like that.

Anyway thanks again for the reply, I will try the cable.

Assuming you are on Windows 10 follow these steps for me please.

Right click on your desktop, press "Display Settings". Scroll down and go to "Advanced display settings" scroll down to the "Resolution" field and make sure that is set to the native resolution to your monitor. After you've done that, scroll down to the bottom hit "Display Adapter Properties" go to the "Monitor" tab and make sure that is set to the highest possible refresh rate (depending on your monitor). Then test it out and let me know how it goes.

Hi

No luck with the cable and the dispay setting are correct. Here is an image of what it looks like, its most noticable on the NPC name plates.

http://imgur.com/a/IL85Z

Thanks

I honestly see nothing, your text font for ElVui seems ehh. Try turning it off and seeing if it goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    I honestly see nothing, your text font for ElVui seems ehh. Try turning it off and seeing if it goes away.
    If screenshot is fine, but it appears weird to him, it must be a monitor issue.