Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I can only assume that's some kind of highly specific comp, because Rexxar is horrendous.
    Tyrael saw popularity, not Rexxar =)

Tyrael is a big pick in pro comps for three reasons:

1) He's a very mobile and tanky bruiser
    2) Holy Ground at 16
    3) Sanctification
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Vikings still require a team who knows how to capitalise on them, just like Medivh. You can be the best TLV player in the world but if your team is not eg roaming as four right from level 1 instead of laning with you, or poking/prolonging objective fights rather than capping them quickly, then you won't be giving your team the exp edge.
    Agree with this. Vikings does have a counter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I can only assume that's some kind of highly specific comp, because Rexxar is horrendous.
    Tyrael has won with 2 types of comps AFAIK in pro matches: Melee enabling setup with greymane or Illidan / offtank diving in with sactification, OR a ranged backline with BW supporting and Tyrael taking judgment to counter dives. In the second example, he was used as a solo tank.

As for Rexxar, He's in a good spot with the only issue being friendly minions blocking Misha at the moment and forcing her to alter her path (This really affects high level play). The buffs to his range was crazy good and he was even played in the NA regional a few weeks back to win a game. (was my MVP for that match, really)

Tyrael saw popularity, not Rexxar =)

Tyrael is a big pick in pro comps for three reasons:

1) He's a very mobile and tanky bruiser
    2) Holy Ground at 16
    3) Sanctification
    Oh of course, that makes a lot more sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Couple of undocumented changes were added to the official blog, including changes to Auriel's level 4 talents. I'll add them to the OP momentarily, but they can be viewed through the blog link at the bottom of the post.

Those level 4 talents certainly look more interesting now.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

15+ Year Old Account
    I dunno if I could ever give up Q size increase. I feel so throttled at lvl 1-3 without it

E quest looks a bit more reasonable. I tried that talent a couple times; problem is I MAY get ten good stuns over the course of the entire game. Six is a little more reasonable and the quest may actually be able to complete before lvl 20 now =p

Deleted
    Tempo Storm just went with a Muradin, Falstad, Cho'Gall, Auriel setup in Superleague. This patch delivers...

The QM stomping trio

I'll have remember to check that vod out.
    I am the lucid dream

15+ Year Old Account
    Chogall + Auriel is fucking disgusting

It's so broken, they'll have to do something about it eventually.
    I am the lucid dream

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    It's so broken, they'll have to do something about it eventually.
    I dunno. People should start learning to counter it with Medivh (easy stacks for Master's touch) or other heroes with great quest talents (Greymane). Once everyone learns how to counter rotate it's gg. Thing is this comp works with global heroes (Falstad) and without the Cho'Gall counters so If you counter pick falstad, and get anub + Kharazim, they will have a tough time. Add muradin and Medivh in your team and they will have a hard time. Or you could just go double spec and go for the xp lead. Xul with healing reduction would be such a great counter too.

The real problem is in drafts because if a team can play this combo, they can either wait out the bans and drafts for this combo or bait drafts in favor of a more standard comp. (who the hell's gonna ban Auriel?, lol)

Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    I dunno. People should start learning to counter it with Medivh (easy stacks for Master's touch) or other heroes with great quest talents (Greymane). Once everyone learns how to counter rotate it's gg. Thing is this comp works with global heroes (Falstad) and without the Cho'Gall counters so If you counter pick falstad, and get anub + Kharazim, they will have a tough time. Add muradin and Medivh in your team and they will have a hard time. Or you could just go double spec and go for the xp lead. Xul with healing reduction would be such a great counter too.

The real problem is in drafts because if a team can play this combo, they can either wait out the bans and drafts for this combo or bait drafts in favor of a more standard comp. (who the hell's gonna ban Auriel?, lol)
    If you are banning a healer it's getting to a point where she should be banned over Rehgar, maybe not over BW yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabray View Post
    If you are banning a healer it's getting to a point where she should be banned over Rehgar, maybe not over BW yet.
    You would only ever ban Auriel if the other team has already locked C'G, or you think they will. Same with banning Morales if they have Illidan/Greymane. It's a very specific comp which is ban-worthy, not the hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabray View Post
    My point was that your team could trick folks into banning Auriel or CG if they know or believe you can play that comp well (eg. First banning Anub/Kharazim/Tychus/Leoric, or First/second picking Auriel + Falstad).

In pro games, though Rehgar is rarely banned as most teams are open to have him for themselves. It's getting old, though and I hope he is banned/ignored more often. Different story in pub games. I ban Rehgar a fair bit in HL especially if I have locked in Li Li (my comfort pick).

7+ Year Old Account
    You would only ever ban Auriel if the other team has already locked C'G, or you think they will. Same with banning Morales if they have Illidan/Greymane. It's a very specific comp which is ban-worthy, not the hero.
    Illidan+Morales is actually 100% terrible. If you ban Morales, you force them to take a much better healer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchi
    Thx America for destroying Europe and world and all mess you cause bcs of your selfishness and only thinking abot yourself and of your interest, creating IS, killing in the name of democracy, etc etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy View Post
    Illidan+Morales is actually 100% terrible. If you ban Morales, you force them to take a much better healer.
    At low levels (bronze/silver) in HL/UD we just ban it for the stim drone cheese. Although in TL or if you have a 5 man stack, I can understand the lesser value of Morales. I've been in TL groups that laughed on a Morales pick and then went on to stomp the poor team.