10+ Year Old Account

*Ranged* Unholy is quite fun! (non-serious play)

While it's not even close to viable or necessarily wanted by many players, I've been having a blast with playing Unholy as a ranged class.

Ebon Fever (faster Virulant Plague damage and causes WAAAAAAY more damage than the Risen Skulker due to the innate mechanics of Virulant Plague. It also gives you something to do because you need to Outbreak more, etc.)
    Epidemic (my main ability unless I can use Clawing Shadows to burst a Festering Wound)
    Clawing Shadows (I LOVE this ability! I use it to pop Festering Wounds inflicted by my Ghoul or when I'm out of Epidemic charges. I also, depending on how the mobs are running around, drop my Defile at my feet and Clawing Shadows AoE all the mobs ---- the mobs do not need to be in the Defile for Clawing Shadows to become an AoE attack).
    Debilitating Infestation (I chose this talent because I can't handle the Abomination model anymore lol - it also allows me to kite/stay at ranged easier as well as stack up more Defile Mastery charges via the slow effect if I drop my Defile on some rounded up mobs.)
    Lingering Apparition (just a tad more <IMHO> "needed" mobility)
    Infected Claws (the ONLY source of Festering Wounds unless you accidentally get within melee range - pop those suckers!)
    Defile (two uses... 1} damage slowed mobs and build up some extra Mastery for extra damage and/or 2} turn Clawing Shadows into an AoE ability)

Combine all that with the 2 & 4-piece bonus' and the Reaper's Harvest trinket and you have your very own sub-par but VERY fun Necromancer (still have Army of the Dead and Gargoyle too!) The above build still constantly procs Fallen Crusader so super mini heals are served right up.

I understand this kind of build has been done before and some folks may even be annoyed that I have the audacity to utilize it in invasions due to my reduced effectiveness... BUT I'm enjoying it immensely!!! Crazy thing is it's actually almost at my Frost's level of single target damage and slightly better than my Frost's AoE damage AND I'm much, MUCH safer ... although maybe I just really suck at Frost.
    Last edited by Ruunicus; 2016-08-23 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Spelling

Deleted
    On my mage I like to stand in melee in front of the boss so it looks like im tanking him.

Weather outside is nice today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the Mage melee talents available to you are awesome aren't they? Is your build comparable to one of your other specs like this is to our Frost spec?

This is why we can't have nice things...
    Last edited by Ruunicus; 2016-08-23 at 02:08 PM.

Deleted
    Clawing Shadows animation looks cool with polearms like scythe + jump. I too enjoy my ranged unholy dk. Much appreciated for Blizz to cater for different playstyles even if not the most minmaxed. It's fun in pve and pvp!

I would pick asphyxiate and corpse shield tho.
    Last edited by mmoc70920841bc; 2016-08-23 at 02:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I totally understand the Asphyxiate and Corpse Shield picks. I used them initially as well. My experience left me not using Asphyxiate as much as I should have and Corpse Shield deteriorated into just being my OH $#!T!!! button (and so my Ghoul almost always died).

In other words, I was not using either the way they should have been used.
    Last edited by Ruunicus; 2016-08-23 at 06:20 PM.

Deleted
    Clawing shadows was a fun talent which off-set our terrible mobilty by making much of our damage ranged.

Then blizzard detected fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    Clawing shadows was a fun talent which off-set our terrible mobilty by making much of our damage ranged.

on heavy movement fight or phase with lot of movement CS helps alot, and if there is say a add that spawns often and farways but needs to be killed fast, CS will aslo be best.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm seeing a 20%+ DPS gain for Frost (from when I was running it last week).

BTW, my main is Frost. This is one of the reasons that this Unholy *Invasion* build was so refreshingly fun for me. Utility/neato stuff without much of a DPS loss when compared to the pre-Razorice fix.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruunicus View Post
    I'm seeing a 20%+ DPS gain for Frost (from when I was running it last week).

BTW, my main is Frost. This is one of the reasons that this Unholy *Invasion* build was so refreshingly fun for me. Utility/neato stuff without much of a DPS loss when compared to the pre-Razorice fix.
    good to see this. should shut up everyone who trashes frost for a bit.... until Blizz reduces Razor Ice to like 5% instead of 10%. cant wait to drop Sindragosa with Pillars and L bracers tonight
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    I don't know why I laughed so hard at this.