Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question Did they nerf the invasion xp again?

So, i've been leveling my mage by running the invasions and yesterday I came across an issue - if before level 57 I was getting around 4-5 levels per an invasion,now I'm getting 1,5 - 2 levels per an invasion. So here's my question - is it intended and the leveling around these levels slows down drastically, or did they secretly slightly reduce the leveling again? I have all heirlooms upgraded up to level 90,so that shouldn't be the case.

Thanks for the replies in advance!

Did not see any changes yesterday. Eu servers.

Were you rested before?

Seems the same to me. Getting 30-40k per big boss and the same xp per stage.

Nope, no nerf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    So, i've been leveling my mage by running the invasions and yesterday I came across an issue - if before level 57 I was getting around 4-5 levels per an invasion,now I'm getting 1,5 - 2 levels per an invasion. So here's my question - is it intended and the leveling around these levels slows down drastically, or did they secretly slightly reduce the leveling again? I have all heirlooms upgraded up to level 90,so that shouldn't be the case.

Thanks for the replies in advance!
    Rested XP. Noticed same thing -- you are talking about before / after the rested XP bonus.

It only changes when you lose Rested XP. To see it go from one to another is disheartening.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    The best way I found to get the maximum out of ur invasion time when leveling is to repeat stage 3 multiple times by using Server Hop addon to find different servers.
    Note: you only get the stage completion rewards once (ex- stage 2 completion gives chest. you dont get multiple chests if you complete more stage 2s).

Stage 3 is completed by killing(tagging) the bosses, and you usually end up at around 90% of the stage progression and the remaining you grind it out from random mobs.
    So, once you have completed stage 3 for the first time, just server hop to kill the bosses and repeat. Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Masoleum View Post
    The best way I found to get the maximum out of ur invasion time when leveling is to repeat stage 3 multiple times by using Server Hop addon to find different servers.
    Note: you only get the stage completion rewards once (ex- stage 2 completion gives chest. you dont get multiple chests if you complete more stage 2s).

Stage 3 is completed by killing(tagging) the bosses, and you usually end up at around 90% of the stage progression and the remaining you grind it out from random mobs.
    So, once you have completed stage 3 for the first time, just server hop to kill the bosses and repeat. Hope this helps

I recommend to just hop on other alts, and keep the chests. You spend about the same time anyway, so you may as well do them fully, so you get chests and can either keep or sell the gear. Why spend the same amount of time, and get less out of it? The only downside is, you gotta wait between invasions, but if you are leveling more than 1 alt, then just hop onto the other alt. Don't open any chests until 100. All you gotta do is tag a boss/mob and run and if you run far enough you can fly and stay alive (you must be alive to receive XP). Safest way to do it, cuz some of those bosses will just destroy you instantly regardless of your level or gear. Tag, run, fly but keep boss visible.

no same as before.
    leveled my lock 10-40 in 1.5 hrs yesterday

Well,sunday when I was logging off I left him at the inn,so he was a bit a rested.Does the rested somehow stays longer when you're a lower level?

Deleted
    they have nerfed it, its got so much slower today compared to 8 hrs ago or something

Ive noticed the stage 3 bosses seem to be giving more xp and the stage 2 ones are giving less while doing them last night

Deleted
    yea stage 2 seems to have got nerfed

There are probably breakpoints in the overall leveling curve where you see a noticeable drop in "% of level" type things for mobs.

1-55, you level like crazy, getting 4 or 5 levels per invasion.
    56-70, you get 2 or 3 levels per invasion
    70 -80, 1 level per invasion
    80+ half a level per invasion

or something similar.

Anyone who expects to get multiple levels per invasion at the 80+ range is crazy, as that would be utterly broken by pretty much any metric blizzard has ever used for leveling simply by tagging stuff.

Deleted
    im 70-80 i do not get 1 level per invasion i get like half =/

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    Well,sunday when I was logging off I left him at the inn,so he was a bit a rested.Does the rested somehow stays longer when you're a lower level?
    A day or so in an inn rested gets blown thru in at best one stage the only way to keep rested for longer is to be well rested which takes a few days. Your alt was probably sitting in an inn or city for weeks/months before this event. So you had a lot of rested to blow thru. But now you have caught up happens to all my ants I did this with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lemar View Post
    im 70-80 i do not get 1 level per invasion i get like half =/
    If rested, in full heirlooms and using an elixir of bonus xp you do but if not then you are right you won't

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    There are probably breakpoints in the overall leveling curve where you see a noticeable drop in "% of level" type things for mobs.

1-55, you level like crazy, getting 4 or 5 levels per invasion.
    56-70, you get 2 or 3 levels per invasion
    70 -80, 1 level per invasion
    80+ half a level per invasion

or something similar.

Anyone who expects to get multiple levels per invasion at the 80+ range is crazy, as that would be utterly broken by pretty much any metric blizzard has ever used for leveling simply by tagging stuff.
    Well actually at 90+ the curve is in your favor again and you can get a level per invasion again.

Deleted
    nope no nerf

10+ Year Old Account
    Invasions still give amazing exp. Leveled a brand-new mage to 100 in a day.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.