Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    brand-new mage to 100 in a day.
    dunno if I believe that

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    A day or so in an inn rested gets blown thru in at best one stage the only way to keep rested for longer is to be well rested which takes a few days. Your alt was probably sitting in an inn or city for weeks/months before this event. So you had a lot of rested to blow thru. But now you have caught up happens to all my ants I did this with.

- - - Updated - - -

If rested, in full heirlooms and using an elixir of bonus xp you do but if not then you are right you won't
    Nop,made him on saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    dunno if I believe that
    I did it too on my new gnome hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifetapper View Post
    . Tag, run, fly but keep boss visible.
    If everyone did that, then the boss would never be killed... seems a bit selfish to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Last I did it I got 30-50K per boss and roughly one and a half levels per invasion. That's what I've been getting since they fixed the tagging experience.

Deleted
    dunno if I believe that
    Not the only one.

Yes,I have same feeling that something has been nerfed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting about the exact same exp as I've been getting the past few days. ~40k per phase 3 boss kill on level ~50's.

- - - Updated - - -

dunno if I believe that
    It's easily doable even without RaF or EXP Potions. Even my level 90+ gets 1 level per invasion reset doing the stage 3 reset. 2 resets if doing the stage 2 reset.
    Last edited by Lime; 2016-08-23 at 01:17 PM.

seems like it randomly bugs out. one invasion gave me like 100k exp at 98 next one - 400k

With a bit of rested xp my 19 shaman hit 28 in one invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by lemar View Post
    im 70-80 i do not get 1 level per invasion i get like half =/
    I'm 88 and was getting one level per invasion.

I'm not AFKing though. Much of the XP seems to be in the kills, and some areas are more abundant with bosses than others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I'm 88 and was getting one level per invasion.

I'm not AFKing though. Much of the XP seems to be in the kills, and some areas are more abundant with bosses than others.
    The Exp is definitely in the kills. Especially named elites.

Maybe a bit off-topic - a question about the tagging and getting the xp for the mob - if I tag one of the mini bosses,which grant 40k xp,will I get those 40k as long as I stay in the invasion zone or I have to stay in the range to get it?It's not like I tag the mobs and go afk,but sometimes- for example in the Westfall invasion,there're 3 lieutenants and I attack just one of them,I will get only ~20k xp instead of 60k for all of em.

Deleted
    Watch your heirlooms guys. Especially if you are 90+. You might need to upgrade them.

Quote Originally Posted by Duronar View Post
    Watch your heirlooms guys. Especially if you are 90+. You might need to upgrade them.
    the XP is still the same on lvl 91-100 looms though and if you just run around and tag you dont really need those stats

Deleted
    the XP is still the same on lvl 91-100 looms though and if you just run around and tag you dont really those stats
    I dont think hes referring to the stats, more the xp increase. If you did not upgrade the heirlooms the xp boost wil stop 90. Hence less xp cuz u dont get the xp heirloom boost. +45% xp boost without earings.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronar View Post
    YEP LOL.

That one got me. I'm like "GOD! Why do I keep dying to trash mobs! How come I hit so soft? Maybe this spec sucks" and "UGH! This XP isn't as good as I remember!". Turned out I'd done 10+ levels on L60 heirlooms... I'm a moron.

Of course now I'm like, do I really want to spend thousands of gold upgrading them? But probably yes I do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    It's easily doable even without RaF or EXP Potions. Even my level 90+ gets 1 level per invasion reset doing the rage 3 reset. 2 resets if doing the stage 2 reset.
    What are "resets" here? Are you only doing the invasion to a certain stage, then logging out or flying away or something?

I do agree that it is possible though - just barely, but it is possible. Full 100 heirlooms, bound at Vale of Eternal Blossoms, playing all damn day (like, 18-24 hours)? Yeah, you could go 1-100 in a day. Personally I'm doing in the lazy way - bunch of characters logged out in Westfall, just running them all through the invasion whenever it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    YEP LOL.

That one got me. I'm like "GOD! Why do I keep dying to trash mobs! How come I hit so soft? Maybe this spec sucks" and "UGH! This XP isn't as good as I remember!". Turned out I'd done 10+ levels on L60 heirlooms... I'm a moron.

Of course now I'm like, do I really want to spend thousands of gold upgrading them? But probably yes I do.

- - - Updated - - -

What are "resets" here? Are you only doing the invasion to a certain stage, then logging out or flying away or something?

I do agree that it is possible though - just barely, but it is possible. Full 100 heirlooms, bound at Vale of Eternal Blossoms, playing all damn day (like, 18-24 hours)? Yeah, you could go 1-100 in a day. Personally I'm doing in the lazy way - bunch of characters logged out in Westfall, just running them all through the invasion whenever it's there.
    It is a force reset they are doing like when the invasion bugs out and resets. If you log off while in an invasion it will reset and can do it over again. One won't get the boxes again but they can get all the xp from killing mobs. Good for invasions packed with mobs like cross roads or hillsbrand.

I have not seen the nerf either...

Deleted
    Stage 2 only gives 40% from what it used to, stage 3 still gives the original amount

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Yup, as Jewsco mentioned above, you relog which resets the invasions back to stage 1, then farm mobs for exp. There were 2 main methods, but now I see a third one that's been popping up.

A) Doing Stage 1 and 2 - After stage 2 has been completed, you relog during early stage 3, then do stage 1 and 2 again, then repeat. This method had the most XP/hour if people knew what they were doing (and even if they didn't, it was still likely). It's only particularly good in areas like the Crossroads. Once you reach 30% at the Crossroads, 3 bosses spawn. Once you kill all 3, another set of 3 bosses spawn. Once you kill those, it constantly repeats until stage 2. Now, these bosses don't give as much XP each as the stage 3 bosses, but they die very fast and spawn close, so it's easy to burn them down and tag all 3. The goal is to ignore the smaller adds and just focus on the bosses until stage 2. Then in stage 2, you kill those bosses and reset once in stage 3.

B) Doing Stage 1, 2, and 3 - The method for this is similar, but rather than relog as soon as stage 2 ends, you wait until stage 3 ends (or towards the end of stage 3 after all the bosses are dead). You'll pretty much need flying for this one, but you just go around tagging the bosses in Stage 3. This method is pretty solid and far less tedious, but you can get screwed over. For example, Take Westfall stage 3. It's very common for the zerg to split up, which gives you less bosses to kill and makes the bosses take longer. There is also a dreadlord boss that can bug out. There is also a boss surround by untuned level 98 fire elementals that will 1 shot lower players. However, this tends to be my favorite.

C) Stage 3 farming - Apparently this method simply requires you to constantly join Stage 3 and skip the Stage 1 and 2 farming. As mentioned earlier in the thread, you do this by joining other people's groups to skip to their stage. It seems highly dependent on there being enough fresh stage 3 groups which can be a problem, but it seems like it would be crazy exp.