Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    Deleted

How good are you? honestly

Hello there.

So i was just reading another thread, and i got curious, because i saw so many people saying that the majority of the wow population is bad.
    This got me thinking that, i actually to some extent agree with this, which begs the question. how do we perceive ourself, and do we even care and what do you consider to be bad?

So for the question, i would like people to rate them self from 1 to 10, 10 being as good as the best of the best, and 1 being well, barely able to do a heroic dungeon. and i would like you to rate yourself in the following Categories.

Awareness : (Not standing in fire) & (positioning)
    Reaction / adaption : (Interrupts & CC) / (one of the players who were assigned to interrupts died. and you step in.) Hope this made sense.
    Team-play: (Throwing offheals and taunts and dps, when not playing the respective roll)
    Tank : (Playing as a tank)
    DPS (Melee) : (Playing melee dps)
    DPS (Ranged) : (Playing ranged dps)
    Healer : (Playing a healer)

pve / pvp (which one you rated yourself on)
    Overall: (How you rate yourself as an overall player)

And finally how likely are you to care enough to try and improve your gameplay / knowlegde

I should most likely add more to get everything covered, but i assume no one wants to go through 25 of these. I do however hope that some will go through these and i do apoligize for the poor grammar.

Awareness : 7
    Reaction / adaption : 9
    Team-play: 9
    Tank : 8
    DPS (Melee) : 8
    DPS (Ranged) : 5
    Healer : 7

pve
    Overall: 8

I know i still have room to improve and such, i can't play range to save my life as an example.

The " i can't play range to save my life as an example." and 5 i gave range seems to have caused a bit of flak to be thrown my way. To clarify this i will say that to myself anything below a 7 is beyond awful. I tell myself that as a way to help myself improve. Keep in mind that this a personal rating that everyone is giving themselves. A 5 "average" to some may seem to be fine but to myself is beyond awful.
    Last edited by Geso; 2016-08-25 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Clarified the 5 for range

Deleted
    I guess i should rate myself, considering i am asking everyone else to.

Reaction / adaption : 7
    DPS (Ranged) : 6-7
    Healer : 6-7

PVE
    Overall: 7 on bad days, 8-9 on good days.

And finally how likely are you to care enough to try and improve your gameplay / knowlegde :
    While i do believe there is always room for improvement, i simply don't play enough outside of casual raiding / pvping to bother. if it comes it comes, if it doesn't it doesn't.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is a good question!

I really only play ranged dps classes ( main lock and spriest), and I feel like i put quite a bit of effort in understanding the optimal rotation and all, but i do make mistakes occasionally if not frequently.

Positioning I am good at, very rarely do i stand in the fire if ever.

TBH im pretty shit at every other role though

I only really pve.

I go through different phases in wow, sometimes im a casual player, and sometimes i am more hardcore ( depending on responsibilities IRL)

When I am in a hardcore phase i certainly try to improve my gameplay, however sometimes I just suck and no matter how much research i do I still just suck.

Deleted
    Awareness : (Not standing in fire) & (positioning) - 8
    Reaction / adaption : (Interrupts & CC) / (one of the players who were assigned to interrupts died. and you step in.) - 5
    Team-play: (Throwing offheals and taunts and dps, when not playing the respective roll) - 5
    Tank : (Playing as a tank) - 7
    DPS (Melee) : (Playing melee dps) - 5
    DPS (Ranged) : (Playing ranged dps) - 5
    Healer : (Playing a healer) - 8

pve
    Overall: 6 according to this scale

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    8-9 across the board except for Range DPS and Healer. so roughly a 6.5-7? I guess.

When I raided hardcore I was always trusted with Interupts, hard Mechanics and using every single ability I had to keep the fight going. (cleansing, off-heals, shared defensives etc.)

10+ Year Old Account
    If you asked years ago I would have said one of the best. I was in one of the best guilds in the world and one of the best ranked at my class... Then I took two years off. Now I have lost my edge big time.
    Aye mate

Reaction / adaption : 8
    Tank : 4
    DPS (Melee) : 5
    DPS (Ranged) : 6
    Healer : 8

[I've almost played exclusive healer in PvE content]

This is an interesting thread.

As for me, I have been playing my whole WoW career as a warrior tank, didn't want to be in any other role. I haven't raided seriously since early MoP, so I will write about 3.0-5.1 times, when I was an active raider:

Awareness: 8/10
    I always tried to watch where I am and where I should move in order to keep the raid alive. But some fails still occured (ping-pong boss in DS HC was hard for me to master, and one accidental wipe of the whole 25-man raid when I forgot to turn Maylygos away from raid).
    Reaction / adaption: 7/10
    As a tank I didn't have to interrupt or CC that much, but could lend a hand when I have spare time and possibility to do it.
    Team-play: 6/10
    As dps in protection spec I sucked, but tried to do the best I could.
    Tank: 8/10
    Was playing tank all my raiding time, had some skill in it. Ofc I was not that uberhardcore 24/7 raider, but during 3.0-3.1 I raided 4 days a week, and sometimes even more.
    DPS (Melee): 3/10
    When I was in offspec in raids, I sucked, because all my efforts I put in my protection spec/gear/rotation/etc.
    DPS (Ranged): 0/10
    Never played this class beyond level 7 character
    Healer: 0/10
    Didn't heal a single dungeon in my WoW life.
    pve / pvp: PvE player only, wasn't in a single arena match.
    Overall: 7/10
    As for raiding tanking efforts and dedication I'd rate myself as more than average WoW-player. Neither the best top-raider nor the clueless dumb child though. In other roles I'd rate myself as 2-3/10.

And finally how likely are you to care enough to try and improve your gameplay / knowlegde
    Nowadays I don't have much time or desire to put efforts into this game, neither I am in that age to play video games all the time. I have plenty of real life duties and possibilities now, so WoW isn't in forst place for me. Actually, I didn't play WoW since Feb 2015, and now I have only bought Legion to try and see some story unfolding via quests/couple of LFR runs.
    Last edited by Muxtar; 2016-08-23 at 09:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    There's really nothing wrong with being "bad". The game doesn't have a "Must be a good player to play this game" disclaimer on it. We just set our own standards when we make our own personal Groups/Raids. I mean, if some guy buys the game just so he can battle pets and go into BG's every now and then, that's his right, even if he is considered "bad".

It's just something you have to deal with if you have random groups.
    I never claimed anything else. it just kinda seems odd to me that so many people consider other people bad, and what is considered bad i mean. if someone is pulling elite dps but stand in fire all the time forcing healers to heal him, i would consider him bad even if he ranked #1 on logs but more often that not, this player would most likely consider himself good, and think that everyone doing less that x dmg is bad, even if they took 1/10 of the dmg that he did.

I've also noticed that lately when playing with friends and we use the word bad to describe someone else, it is not based on their dps or their healing, but something else entirely. What people call bad is subjective and so is what people call good, which makes this sort of interesting. Atleast for me.

Awareness : 9
    Reaction / adaption : 9
    Team-play: 8
    DPS (Ranged) : 8
    Healer : 1

PVE
    Overall: 8 or 9

I'm not perfect but I always know my class. Not taking avoidable damage is pretty much always my highest priority. I have pretty low latency (between 10 and 20ms) so my reaction time is pretty good. I'll do whatever I can to help my team at all times, even if it means lower personal DPS. When I'm tanking, that kinda goes downhill a little as I'm mostly concentrating on making my healers do less work. I've rarely healed in the game. I did ok on resto shaman and druid. Failed miserably when I tried it on a holy priest. But I don't find pleasure in healing so I avoid it. I always have room for improvement and I'm always reading/watching WoW things to make myself a better player. If I spent more time in the game and did mythic raiding (which I plan to do in Legion), I'd rate myself higher. lol.

I don't view myself as an elite player. But I do think if I had the time/desire, I could hold my own.

Deleted
    Awareness : 9/10
    Reaction / adaption : 7/10
    Team-play: I tank most of the time and I am a raid leader. So I have to coordinate all the time. So not sure how I should rate this one.
    Tank : 9/10
    DPS (Melee) : 7/10
    DPS (Ranged) : 4/10
    Healer : 6/10
    PvE and PvP. More focus on PvE since MoP however.
    Overall: Things I am actually doing: 8,5/10
    Without thinking about players who run around I would have said Semi-Hardcore.
    Seeing how people run around atm I am clearly hardcore (apparently).
    No, this was not to boast. I'd love if my style of play was not considered hardcore nowadays (once it wasn't) but like I said - seeing how most people seem to (want to) play, I am hardcore. I care about my performance very much. If I had the drive for Mythic I know I could do it. But I prefer playing with people I enjoy playing with. Which in turn was the reason why I would have considered myself only semi-hardcore.

Deleted
    Awareness : 5
    Reaction / adaption : 5
    Tank : 3
    DPS (Melee) : 2
    DPS (Ranged) : 7
    Healer : 8

iSuck.

Awareness : 10
    Reaction / adaption : 10
    Team-play: 10
    Tank : 0
    DPS (Melee) : 10
    DPS (Ranged) : 0
    Healer : 0

pve and pvp
    Overall: 10

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muxtar View Post
    Team-play: 6/10
    As dps in protection spec I sucked, but tried to do the best I could.
    Well as a warrior myself, granted not maining tank, i often find myself, or used to find myself using intervene on healers who were about to die. so it could be based on something other than dps.

also, nice and honest it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by tweekzlol View Post
    Well as a warrior myself, granted not maining tank, i often find myself, or used to find myself using intervene on healers who were about to die. so it could be based on something other than dps.

also, nice and honest it seems.
    Raid leader never asked me of such intervenes, and I didn't came up with this thought by myself

10+ Year Old Account
    As a long-time raid leader I'm very good at adapting to situations, being aware of positioning and mechanics, etc. I have a very good memory for mechanics and strategies. I can probably still tell you how we did most bosses way back since Vanilla with decent accuracy without having to look it up.

With that in mind, I make a good healer or tank, and have a good overview of the raid in general. I tend to do less well at DPS mainly because of lack of practice and having too much focus on other responsibilities... I find my personal DPS tends to suffer because I'm too busy looking at what everyone else is doing and where they're standing and trying to fix that.

That said, when I took a break from leading to focus on a DPS class full time I felt like I did alright. Melee is much easier for me than ranged, I just don't have the experience in playing a caster and getting used to moving and DPSing with cast times. I spend too much time avoiding taking damage and forget to deal any... which I can do fine as a melee without losing DPS!

Overal I think I'd be 6-7, tbh after 14 months of repeating the same content I can't evaluate myself well, since I tend to be on auto-pilot. So we'll see come Legion if it's that low or Im better than that.

Dot like there's no tomorrow.

Awareness : 8
    Reaction / adaption : 8
    Team-play: 6
    Tank : 6
    DPS (Melee) : 6
    DPS (Ranged) : 5
    Healer : 10

PVE: 7

I always work on improving my play. It should be said that everyone have different templates they judge themselves from when doing these kinds of things. I look at high-end mythic raiders. I can steamroll through any heroic content and i can raid mythic but not a top-top player.

My skill is very heavily leaning towards healing, I can dps decently but not as good as my healing (did 30 endless waves like 2 weeks into warlords).
    Last edited by Krille; 2016-08-23 at 09:36 AM.

I'm a completely average casual player and only get worse as I get older. I prefer it. Less pressure to perform in raids, less stress when I don't get the rating I want in PvP. I just like enjoying the story now, Legion looks great for that.

I guess it's a mix of got older, have a full time job, my competitive itch is scratched in other games (Overwatch, Arma, Battlefield).

Awareness : 7 (I suffer from tunnel vision in PvP and PvE sometimes)
    Reaction / adaption : 8 (When I'm not tunnel visioning I'm pretty quick to adapt to situations. I remember MTs dying and I chucked on my sword and shield to help back in the days of Void Reaver)
    Team-play: 9 (my strongest attribute)
    Tank : 6 (Playing a Warrior I've explored this avenue a bit, haven't really done raid tanking at all)
    DPS (Melee) : 8 (My jam - only really play Warrior or Rogue)
    DPS (Ranged) : 4 (I hate standing still, I dabble with Hunter)
    Healer : 2 (Don't like healing in WoW, and I suck at it - double edged sword)

Overall statistically: 6.2
    Overall how I'd rate myself: 6

And finally how likely are you to care enough to try and improve your gameplay / knowledge: 6

I'm going to play the game my way, theres no one relying on me. I like Arms more than Fury rn and I dislike the specs a lot of the guides use for optimum DPS. I still looked for it, but I ain't going to do it.
    Last edited by willtron; 2016-08-23 at 09:43 AM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day