Question [Robes of Ghostly Hatred] not for mages?

Greetings fellow moggers.

Over a longer period of time I've been farming the Sunwell to get my hands on the lovely Robes of Faltered Light from Entropious, to then upgrade it to the Robes of Ghostly Hatred. I am talking about the Sunwell Mage Regalia.
    Now due to my bad droprate on my mage runs, I also took my priest and warlock for a weekly spin in the Sunwell to up my chances on this drop. Luckily, after some weeks it finally dropped on my warlock. I was happy I could finally complete the mage set so I upgraded it on my warlock, made sure it made it to the transmog tab before I logged out of my lock, and into my mage.

But for some reason, the Robes of Ghostly Hatred (red one) does not appear on neither my mage or priest character. So then I asked a GM, which confirmed that this worked as intended, mages can not use the red robes, which I find very weird, concidering this was THE mage set in Sunwell right?

The item in question:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=34399/ro...hatred#sold-by

So I ask of you to either confirm or deny the reply I got from this GM.

Deleted
    It should be usable by mages and probably every other cloth class. I even can find that in my collection under the ones I didn't unlock.
    I guess it's some kind of bug with the buying or the item still has the 2 hour refund timer on it.
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2016-08-23 at 01:00 PM.

Well something's off, thats for sure. I can also find it in my not collected tab. But the robes can't be found in the adventure guide (I know Entropius droppes the white one for you to upgrade it to the red one).

Deleted
    Entropius isn't even in the guide.

So what about that timer?

M'uru is in there though, and that's the same fight though. Well the item did have it's 2 hours CD, but when I put it in my warlocks void storage, the refund CD got removed.

EDIT: Actually, putting the robe in the void storage AND relogging fixed this. I can now use it on all my cloth users. Seems like it was some bug with the 2h CD as you said. Thank you for the tip Chitika.
    Last edited by Loreish; 2016-08-23 at 01:48 PM.

Deleted
    Even on Wowhead M'uru doesn't drop the Robe. That should be the reason why it doesn't show up in the guide.

I also think that the 2h refund timer preventing you from mogging it on other chars is intentional. Or at least very consistent as I had the same issue with the Cloak from the prepatch.

I guess the GM just misunderstood you.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    Even on Wowhead M'uru doesn't drop the Robe. That should be the reason why it doesn't show up in the guide.
    you buy the robe with the robe of faltered light and a sunmote which does drop from him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mymori View Post
    you buy the robe with the robe of faltered light and a sunmote which does drop from him.
    The robes of Faltered Light don't show up on M'uru, only on Entropius.