Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Having something to hide or running are not causes for summary execution. If getting out of your car means you are a threat, then how do you explain the fact that this guy wasn't a threat and got out of his car?

- - - Updated - - -

Yet the German police can somehow do their jobs while firing under 100 bullets in a year.

Should have stayed in his car and let the cop approach. Once the cop got to the window and the guy seen/handed him his ID "i think they state so and so for deafness and that" Things would have ended better

If texas has such a thing other states probably do also.

Germany is also a vastly different place than the U.S with different people. Cops fire because either fired upon or threatened in most cases "Not talking about the bad shootings dont bring them into this as it has nothing to do with it". If You wanna talk about the ones with shots in back yeah alot of times those are justified especially if the person assualts the cop first or someone else they are a threat to everyone.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Cool. Someone was shot for unknown reasons and we already have Europeans from 10 person countries telling us how American cops shoot jaywalkers on site and comparisons to some one high on bath salts who wasn't armed nor trying to shoot not steal a cops gun. How about you wait to find out what happened before a bunch of keyboard warriors pass judgement. Your track records on predicting guilt or wrong doing are pretty abysmal.
    Did you read anything besides the headline in this topic?

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    As soon as the driver didn't pull over his vehicle in a timely manner.
    But his life WASN'T in danger when that happened. You seem to not understand the difference between "This is evidence that the situation could possibly be dangerous" and "My life is in danger." Those aren't the same thing. If someone approaches me on a dark street at night, it MAY be a dangerous situation, or the guy MAY be asking me for directions. My life isn't in danger until he takes an action that makes it definitively the former.

The first thing I'd do as an officer is assume that if a person is refusing to pull over after 13 miles of you following them ,its because they have something to hide, something they're likely willing to go to the extreme to prevent from coming to light or possibly landind them in jail. No, that alone isn't enough to warrant me killing them - but it is enough to push me into the direction of thinking they're potentially very dangerous, especially if they exit their vehicle with out me telling them, ect.

I suspect people in Germany are able to avoid a lot of police fatalities because their citizens are actuallu educated enough to understand how to show police respect and actually listen to commands - as opposed to entitled Americans (I'm American btw) who think they have the right to treat police like shit.

- - - Updated - - -

But his life WASN'T in danger when that happened. You seem to not understand the difference between "This is evidence that the situation could possibly be dangerous" and "My life is in danger." Those aren't the same thing. If someone approaches me on a dark street at night, it MAY be a dangerous situation, or the guy MAY be asking me for directions. My life isn't in danger until he takes an action that makes it definitively the former.
    Thats when it began - you think some one running from police isn't dangerous? Its dangerous to civilians in the area, its dangerous to the officer in the case of that driver suddenly making another irrational decision - which they've already made by not pulling over.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    Should have stayed in his car and let the cop approach. Once the cop got to the window and the guy seen/handed him his ID "i think they state so and so for deafness and that" Things would have ended better

If texas has such a thing other states probably do also.

Germany is also a vastly different place than the U.S with different people. Cops fire because either fired upon or threatened in most cases "Not talking about the bad shootings dont bring them into this as it has nothing to do with it". If You wanna talk about the ones with shots in back yeah alot of times those are justified especially if the person assualts the cop first or someone else they are a threat to everyone.
    The violent crime rate is not wildly different between the US and developed European countries.

Deleted
    Would have been funnier if he was blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Danin View Post
    ... So you KILL HIM?
    Better safe than dead and having them running around killing others. Cops make split second decisions "None of that fable shit with knee/leg shots"
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Did I really just read this? Please explain how this makes any sense....
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    He shot an un-armed person. Must have done something wrong no matter what with that. Especially when it was a fatal shooting.
    Really? REALLY?

Police shoots man, must have done something wrong if he shot him!

In Denmark, police may be trained incredibly well to never use deadly force unless absolutely necessary, but here in the US deadly force is often a go-to solution for under-trained cops in situations where nothing particularly wrong happened, they're just feeling trigger happy.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I suspect people in Germany are able to avoid a lot of police fatalities because their citizens are actuallu educated enough to understand how to show police respect and actually listen to commands - as opposed to entitled Americans (I'm American btw) who think they have the right to treat police like shit.
    It's really easy to be right when you just assume you are right. Do you have any evidence for this, or are you just assuming you are right because you are so brilliant?

Have you seen what protests in Europe look like? A protest in Europe is what we describe as a full scale riot in the US. Antipathy towards and distrust of authority is MUCH stronger there.

This is ridiculous. "This person is not immediately compliant" is not bodily danger or even a threat of bodily danger. It is, at the absolute maximum, a possible warning of indeterminate potential hostility in the future. An officer's life is in danger when someone moves to harm the officer. Not before. Killing someone before they show intent to harm you isn't self defense, it's murder.

Better safe than dead and having them running around killing others. Cops make split second decisions "None of that fable shit with knee/leg shots"
    Then why don't they have to do this in the UK or Germany?

The violent crime rate is not wildly different between the US and developed European countries.
    As a whole? No not at all but then can't say How can So and So do this with less than This. Either use the Entire Thing or none of it. IDk if was you that said U.S v Germany 100 shots or not but ya.
    WORLD POPULATION

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Nobody is trivializing death. If you look at it from the COPS point of view, you are trying to pull over a guy for speeding. This guys refuses to stop, and when he finally does he is combative. I am not going to sit here and blame cops for every death. There is a such thing as shared fault. If this guy would have pulled over earlier, it would have gone down much differently.
    Source...?

I don't understand how anyone can blame the police in this scenario tbh. The guy broke the law at least two different ways - its not like a cop pulled some one over and blew them away before even speaking to them. He refused to pull over -> He left his vehicle with out an okay from the officer -> he became combative. I suspect he also did something to warrant being pulled over in the first place.

None of these deserve an execution - but making multiple bad decisions like this and then getting combative with an officer? sorry, you forfeited.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    @ see no evil hear no evil

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    LOL, best post in the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

As a whole? No not at all but then can't say How can So and So do this with less than This. Either use the Entire Thing or none of it. IDk if was you that said U.S v Germany 100 shots or not but ya.
    What? I'm saying that crime-wise the countries aren't that different, so you can't explain the difference in how police act by just syaing "They are different".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Did I really just read this? Please explain how this makes any sense....
    Everyones under the assumption that this was a wild high speed car chase even though car chases can range from.. high speed to slow ass grandma crawls.

Yep. I'm next in line to say this. Deafness does not prevent you from noticing red and blue flashing lights if you actually pay attention to your surroundings like your supposed to.

Shame he died. But you look mad suspicious after a high speed chase.