Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

current and legion release state of enhancer shamans?

Hello,

i hope its okay to post such a basic question, couldnt find a legion-enhancment thread here in the forum.

Im struggling between shaman and rogue, so before i go with my 100 boost and maybe waste it, i have some question regarding to this build. What i realy like is the option to go for a heal spec, and that mailarmor is only worn by shamans and hunters.

- How good is/will be the enhancment shaman especially in raid enviroments? It doesnt have to be the top OP build, but i hope its even in the better half.
    - how complex and easy to learn/play is this build? Is the rotation and the class at all something for guys like me who are not the best gamers?

Enhance Shamans are good on Single Target. Their cleave dps is ok, and AoE is ok too (you can improve these two with a legendary). We are for sure better than half the specs.

Enhance probably have the most amount of buttons out of any class, but it is very easy to learn and master it. All skills have a cooldown (if you go Boulderfist), except Lava Lash, that you'll not be using that much, so you just have to keep the priority up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally dozens of threads on this topic and plenty of guides to simply google.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=enh+legion+guide

Enh is a good raid spec and is currently one of the better melee specs.

It is also one of the easier specs to learn and play. The damage rotation is straight forward with no real hard decisions to make.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Literally dozens of threads on this topic and plenty of guides to simply google.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=enh+legion+guide
    Make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside being an asshole?

No need for that shit man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    Make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside being an asshole?

No need for that shit man.
    ?
    Indeed, there is no need for 5 threads a day asking the same question, you're right.

?
    Indeed, there is no need for 5 threads a day asking the same question, you're right.
    So what? That justifies being an asshole because a guy asks a question? Think about that man. A pretty stupid reason. Grow up dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what? That justifies being an asshole because a guy asks a question? Think about that man. A pretty stupid reason. Grow up dude.
    How is it that "being an asshole"? I provided the resources he was clearly looking for. You should probably settle down.

How is it that "being an asshole"? I provided the resources he was clearly looking for. You should probably settle down.
    Because asshole comments like that ruin forums or even the interest of coming on forums to have a conversation or search for answers from the community. Your link, you don't think is rather condescending and something that an asshole would do? I'm perfectly calm but if I see someone being an asshole for something so simple I'm going to call them out on it because what you did was just wrong. Again, grow up.

Because asshole comments like that ruin forums or even the interest of coming on forums to have a conversation or search for answers from the community. Your link, you don't think is rather condescending and something that an asshole would do? I'm perfectly calm but if I see someone being an asshole for something so simple I'm going to call them out on it because what you did was just wrong. Again, grow up.
    What ruins forums is the inability of some to use the search function. Or read the front page for that matter.

The "[Enhancement] Future Legion Resources" was literally the first post on the Shaman forum when he made this thread and I'm pretty sure it's on the front page of the forum for around 9 months.
    Last edited by Ichifails; 2016-08-24 at 03:06 PM.

I'd go out on a limb and say 2 guys going back and fourth arguing ruins a thread ^^ So far you've taken up 6 posts on thread while adding zero to the actual topic.

I really like enhancement a lot in legion. I also play a rogue and found it to be fun. If you want to be the best sub rogue is probably the way to go, especially for pvp. Both specs have really active rotations that keep you on your toes. Sub is a lot less forgiving though, if you mess up your rotation your damage will suffer a lot. While enhance is simpler, but still very active.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlewithnoshell View Post
    I'd go out on a limb and say 2 guys going back and fourth arguing ruins a thread ^^ So far you've taken up 6 posts on thread while adding zero to the actual topic.

I really like enhancement a lot in legion. I also play a rogue and found it to be fun. If you want to be the best sub rogue is probably the way to go, especially for pvp. Both specs have really active rotations that keep you on your toes. Sub is a lot less forgiving though, if you mess up your rotation your damage will suffer a lot. While enhance is simpler, but still very active.
    3 guys and 8 posts. This should be deleted either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    3 guys and 8 posts. This should be deleted either way.
    Forgive me for defending a guy who did something as innocently asking a question who gets an asshole answer. It's called having morals. Regardless if there's an option to use a search function or asking the community, you don't treat someone like shit over it.

That said and back on topic, enhancement is one of the top melee specs in raids in legion. Does high single target damage, mediocre AoE damage. Great for bosses basically. I personally enjoy the changes to enhancement. The previous version had too much standing around time waiting for certain things. This at least gives you buttons to push to work up to using certain abilities while still having the procs be apart of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cleave dmg is good too.

In my opinion enhance is in a decent spot. It's aoe isn't great at 100, and at 110 is dependent on wolves being up but its cleave is pretty good. Sustained single target is good too. The only real weakness is that it doesn't have on demand burst unless you take ascendance which isn't an ideal talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    In my opinion enhance is in a decent spot. It's aoe isn't great at 100, and at 110 is dependent on wolves being up but its cleave is pretty good. Sustained single target is good too. The only real weakness is that it doesn't have on demand burst unless you take ascendance which isn't an ideal talent.
    I wouldn't say that. Doom Winds offers some decent on demand burst for a short period. If you follow Doom Winds with Wolves, you get a nice little bit of burst without having to take Ascendance. I will agree it is, perhaps, not as great as the on demand burst of other classes, but there is some in the base class without needing to talent for it.

Personally, I really like the state of Enhance at the moment. It feels strong and nice for soloing with a decent potentially instant self heal, but not so OP that you are bored. The cleave is pretty decent - not great, but certainly not horrible. Single target feels good, especially when you get back to back procs for Storm Strike right after/during Wolves. And once you get most of your Artifact traits, even AOE and cleave feels pretty good (again, not the greatest, but far from the worst). In Beta, I've had times where I've died, but far more where I've pulled out a win against something that really should have killed me. The rotation is pretty simple. Only a few key tips like not popping Doom Winds during Wolves so you don't waste on demand Maelstrom generation CDs. Plus, it offers decent added DPS to others via Stormlash. I personally feel like Stormlash is usually up most of the time during most boss fights.

All in all, the downsides (to me at least) are mostly cosmetic. I dislike that the offhand weapon looks SO different from Doomhammer. I get that it shouldn't look like you are using 2 Doomhammers exactly, but the offhand could be far more similar in style than it currently is. The base model looks like you are using 1 weapon that is a simple Mace and the other that is a crazy Elemental lava creation. It just looks silly. It gets worse with other appearances, one of which switches the offhand from a mace to a 1h axe while leaving the main hand as a mace. That really just throws off the visual for me. I want a pair of weapons, not just 2 weapons. Also, the Order Hall is a little drab and boring, being just some cave in the Maelstrom. Wish it would have been a little cooler, especially after seeing the Paladin order hall looking so bad ass.

But again, mostly just cosmetics, which I can live with. I will definitely be maining my Enh Shaman for Legion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    All in all, the downsides (to me at least) are mostly cosmetic. I dislike that the offhand weapon looks SO different from Doomhammer. I get that it shouldn't look like you are using 2 Doomhammers exactly, but the offhand could be far more similar in style than it currently is. The base model looks like you are using 1 weapon that is a simple Mace and the other that is a crazy Elemental lava creation. It just looks silly. It gets worse with other appearances, one of which switches the offhand from a mace to a 1h axe while leaving the main hand as a mace. That really just throws off the visual for me. I want a pair of weapons, not just 2 weapons. Also, the Order Hall is a little drab and boring, being just some cave in the Maelstrom. Wish it would have been a little cooler, especially after seeing the Paladin order hall looking so bad ass..
    I really want that lightning axe to be a lightning mace.

Doom Winds is actually a VERY nice burst cooldown, as with even a moderate amount of haste, or Bloodlust/Heroism, or Windsong (and/or the Wind Strikes artifact perk), you can quickly reach the point of dealing roughly an empowered Stormstrike's worth of damage, per second, while also, per second, gaining the maelstrom of an unempowered Stormstrike. That is, you're effectively using your strongest ability for six straight seconds, but that ability is suddenly maelstrom positive. That is very significant, considering you're also probably actually hitting said strongest button several times during those six seconds.

Anyone else feel extremely squishy as Enhancement? Even with instant healing surge, when I get hit, it feels like I'm wearing cloth and take a beating. You'd think with chain armor, our survivability would be better no?

Quote Originally Posted by Enterich View Post
    Hello,

i hope its okay to post such a basic question, couldnt find a legion-enhancment thread here in the forum.

Im struggling between shaman and rogue, so before i go with my 100 boost and maybe waste it, i have some question regarding to this build. What i realy like is the option to go for a heal spec, and that mailarmor is only worn by shamans and hunters.

- How good is/will be the enhancment shaman especially in raid enviroments? It doesnt have to be the top OP build, but i hope its even in the better half.
    - how complex and easy to learn/play is this build? Is the rotation and the class at all something for guys like me who are not the best gamers?
    Enhancement is doing fine. If you are looking to raid, you'd be better of as a rogue though.
    They're always useful and have great CD's to cheese some mechanics.

With most raid setups having 3-4 melee spots and 2 of thoes being rogues often, actually getting a spot as a shaman might be hard.
    They do have an amazing healing spec though so there are more options with a shaman.

Rogue is super boring though (imo) so I would pick the shaman if I knew I would be able to raid with him or if I was not aming at realm first or something in that direction.