Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    She wouldn't stand a chance solo against Archimonde. She's just a transformed nightelf, just like Illidan. Comparable power.

I honestly couldn't even hazard a guess. The only thing they have hinted at is Argus.
    At this point, I think it would make WAY more sense if Nighthold was just 7.2 instead.

Emerald Dream plus another mystery raid in 7.1 seems like enough for a first tier that also features Mythic+ dungeons.

Nighthold seems like the proper transition story like we had in MoP.

First tier of MoP was us fighting Pandaria's threats, second tier was them combining with our main threat, and final tier was us dealing with our main threats.

Only thing I can think of is they will introduce some new area to go to that doesn't have any precedent right now.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Shes a queen but she always serves higher powers. Sargeras had her bending over backwards for him because she knew how powerful he was, how he could obliterate her if he so chose. Right hand of N'zoth? Not even, she will be one of his most valuable assets, but she is nowhere near powerful enough to be a right hand...
    Who else is there for N'zoth? Actually nobody we know. And I'm pretty sure she had no real victories as of now cause she doesn't tried. She's just been playing.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I honestly couldn't even hazard a guess. The only thing they have hinted at is Argus.
    At this point, I think it would make WAY more sense if Nighthold was just 7.2 instead.
    No, it wouldn't. Nighthold is already done and in the game, there's no need for a patch. They can simply unlock it whenever they feel like it.

A few things I'm seeing this thread that I wanted toss my .02 on

• Nighthold raid being a potential part of patch 7.2 isn't 'lazy' on Blizzard's part. Just because the content is mostly done doesn't mean that witholding it until later in the Expansion's lifecycle is taking the lazy route, or witholding content from players to artifically lengthen the expansion's lifetime. In fact, creating content ahead of a release schedule is a great idea for Blizzard. Take a look at Magic The Gathering, a game going strong (and actually growing) after 20 years. One of the ways that MtG keeps their endless cycle of content coming out is that they design two years in the future. If all development of MTG were to stop right now, players would still continue to get new sets for two years. Blizzard would do well to adopt this kind of development policy.
    • We have no idea what Return to Karazhan will or won't be. However, signs point to it *not* being simply a rehash of old Kara, and we already know that old Kara won't be going the way of the Dodo. There is nothing wrong with revisiting locations we've been to before, especially if they were well-received the first time. It gives a sense of permanence to the world, and it lets us see 'what comes next' in places and stories that we're already invested in, instead of having to always needing to move to something bigger, better, and most of all new. The one complaint I've had in the past with 'revisited' dungeons is that the old versions are done away with. Blizz isn't doing this with Kara, and I'm happy to wait and see what Return to Karazhan brings to the table. I have a feeling it will be quite compelling.
    • There's no way that Blizzard won't bring Azshara to the forefront as a villain at some point. Yes, I know people are saying 'but she gets beaten by a ghost' and 'if she's so powerful, why couldn't she defeat Malfurion?'. I like to think that these same people were the ones saying "We'll never see the Emerald Dream/Nightmare in the game, that story was resolved in a novel". Azshara is a large presence with a lot of lore surrounding her. It might not be in Legion, but we will see Azshara play a major role at some point.

So, now we know Tomb of Sargeras will be most likely a Tier-Raid in Legion - that was quite obvious, wasn't it? The question is, will it be the final raid of the expansion or just the 7.2 raid? I think it won't be the final raid.

There will be something Naga-related in Legion and imho Naga and Tomb of Sargeras don't fit together. So we'll either have the Naga-raid (with Azshara) as a "filler" raid or as the final raid. I prefer the latter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Part of me is suspecting certain unknown Islands far from the mainland of Broken Isles will get attacked by the Legion(Kul'Tiras/ Zandalar Isle). That's all I can think of. That's the only things I can suspect. I have a sneaking feeling that Azshara/Naga will play a role eventually. They got a bit more attention these days(And I love it).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Another thing: I can't see two more Legion-Raids in Legion. Nighthold is half Legion and Tomb will be Legion as well - I highly doubt they'll bring a third Legion raid, it's just enough with those two - that's why I'm thinking about Naga.

Yeah, they'll definitely shift focus from Legion invasion to a Naga centered storyline raid that will last 1 patch and then never spoken of again because guess what we're back to dealing with the invasion right after. Even if Azshara would attack, not even the lore characters are stupid enough to waste their time on them and give Legion time to counter-attack. Naga raid ain't happening in Legion, next expansion - yes. Argus and Tomb of Sargeras are the major content patches, with Kul Tiras/Zandalar getting the 7.1 Karazhan treatment inbetween Argus/Tomb to continue Jaina's story and wrap up Vol'jin's.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    What kind of canon? Some Manga or Comic lore? If so, you're right. If you're talking about books and novels I'm pretty up to date with the lore. Where can I find information about her losing a TON of power after WotA?
    Azshara was so powerful because of the Well of Eternity. She's a husk of her former self now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoreyai View Post
    Azshara was so powerful because of the Well of Eternity. She's a husk of her former self now.
    Not necessarily true, she was a powerful mage on her own. Even as the Well imploded she protected her and her most loyal followers from the waters but she wasn't say powerful enough to block off all that water. She's no doubt very powerful but still nothing to Sargeras. That's besides the point of the thread.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna invade Kul Tiras to stop Jaina from doing some crazy shit and find out she is a dreadlord obv.

I would think Naga would be later since Azshara works for N'Zoth and they can use the Azshara raid as a jumping off point into the Old God/N'Zoth expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Not necessarily true, she was a powerful mage on her own. Even as the Well imploded she protected her and her most loyal followers from the waters but she wasn't say powerful enough to block off all that water. She's no doubt very powerful but still nothing to Sargeras. That's besides the point of the thread.
    It is true though, sure she was strong, but she was drawing her strength from the Well. Not to say she isn't a skilled Arcanist without it, but it was her main source of power. She is not even close to her former strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Yeah, they'll definitely shift focus from Legion invasion to a Naga centered storyline raid that will last 1 patch and then never spoken of again because guess what we're back to dealing with the invasion right after. Even if Azshara would attack, not even the lore characters are stupid enough to waste their time on them and give Legion time to counter-attack. Naga raid ain't happening in Legion, next expansion - yes. Argus and Tomb of Sargeras are the major content patches, with Kul Tiras/Zandalar getting the 7.1 Karazhan treatment inbetween Argus/Tomb to continue Jaina's story and wrap up Vol'jin's.
    You think they'll waste expansion material (Argus & Kul'tiras + Zandalar) as content in Legion?

If 7.2 isn't N'Zoth I'll buy a hat and eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoreyai View Post
    It is true though, sure she was strong, but she was drawing her strength from the Well. Not to say she isn't a skilled Arcanist without it, but it was her main source of power. She is not even close to her former strength.
    We simply don't know that, even when people like you are tending to claim it. It's just an assumption like "Azshara is the second strongest villain out there after Sargeras".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    If 7.2 isn't N'Zoth I'll buy a hat and eat it.
    Mhm with Kosumoth there's even more "Old God" stuff in Legion...

Deleted
    Azshara might be the second most powerful enemy we possibly will face in WoW with Sargeras being 1st... she has been incredibly powerful in WotA and I'm pretty sure she's not weaker now - why should she?

And remember, 7.2 is the first of two raid tiers coming in Legion. So don't forget this when you think about the raid in 7.2.
    Not even close. The LK, Deathwing, Lei Shen, Ragnaros, Archimonde, Kil'Jaeden are all vastly more powerful than Azshara.

They have dropped multiple hints at at least part of the Tomb of Sargeras will have Old God problems. There will be some Old God Influence last patch. Middle Patch is up for grabs for either

A. Jaina and Kul'Tiras
    B. Sylvanas and Genn
    C. Zandalar and Vol'Jin
    D. All of the Above

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Not even close. The LK, Deathwing, Lei Shen, Ragnaros, Archimonde, Kil'Jaeden are all vastly more powerful than Azshara.
    Assumptions, right? We know she's at least as strong as Kil'jaeden and Archimonde. If she's stronger or weaker than LK, Deathwing or Lei Shen we don't know. But Ragnaros? Come one. He's just an Elemental Lord, nothing else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    They have dropped multiple hints at at least part of the Tomb of Sargeras will have Old God problems. There will be some Old God Influence last patch. Middle Patch is up for grabs for either

A. Jaina and Kul'Tiras
    B. Sylvanas and Genn
    C. Zandalar and Vol'Jin
    D. All of the Above
    My gripe is: is Blizzard going to extinct the whole topic of an upcoming expansion (Zandalar+Kultiras+Naga) just for one or two content patches? And if the final Legion raid is not about the Legion, isn't the whole expansion a bit misleading?

My gripe is: is Blizzard going to extinct the whole topic of an upcoming expansion (Zandalar+Kultiras+Naga) just for one or two content patches? And if the final Legion raid is not about the Legion, isn't the whole expansion a bit misleading?
    If Illidan is on the box but not the first raid isn't it misleading?
    If Arthas is on the box but not the first raid isn't it misleading?
    If the Expansion is about Orcs but the title is Mists of Pandaria isn't it misleading?

I never said it wasn't a Legion raid either. Its going to be a Legion raid, but its going to have atleast a minor dialogue bit about the Old Gods, do the Orbs for the Kosumoth stuff and you will see.