Thread: Sludge Belcher

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Sludge Belcher

Ins the abomination really that good? Every guide I've seen acts like it's amazing, but the unless I'm missing something it looks exactly the same as the ghoul, just with the utility of a second death grip. Not that either of the other talents in that line look all that great, but is it really THAT much better than the stun or the snare?

Basically, I REALLY hate how the abomination looks and don't want to use it. Will I be laughed out of groups if I take a different talent instead?

10+ Year Old Account
    dps wise, it is literally the same the thing is tho that he has a 360° aoe instead of ghouls 180° cleave

its defense cd is also 10% stronger
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    dps wise, it is literally the same the thing is tho that he has a 360° aoe instead of ghouls 180° cleave

its defense cd is also 10% stronger
    Thats the big one. The ghoul's cleave is conal and almost all of the legion AoE so far is circular. The ghoul simply doesnt hit mobs in some situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rothulean1 View Post
    Thats the big one. The ghoul's cleave is conal and almost all of the legion AoE so far is circular. The ghoul simply doesnt hit mobs in some situations.
    indeed, unless they fix that so ghoul timmy also has a full aoe like sludge timmy that row has basically no choice in pve
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Ins the abomination really that good? Every guide I've seen acts like it's amazing, but the unless I'm missing something it looks exactly the same as the ghoul, just with the utility of a second death grip. Not that either of the other talents in that line look all that great, but is it really THAT much better than the stun or the snare?

Basically, I REALLY hate how the abomination looks and don't want to use it. Will I be laughed out of groups if I take a different talent instead?

Actually the Ghoul is not a cone its an AoE just like unholy SS hits all in DnD, what sets them apart is the ghoul is 8 yards and Abom is 10 yards.

Its not 360 though. Thats the big difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Actually the Ghoul is not a cone its an AoE just like unholy SS hits all in DnD, what sets them apart is the ghoul is 8 yards and Abom is 10 yards.
    Oh, I didn't knew that. Well 2 yards is a big deal, in certain situations it really is a dps gain. Unless they fix this, Sludge WILL be the go to talent afaik.

Its not 360 though. Thats the big difference.
    It is 360 because ghoul claw hits all targets with 8 yards for the primary target, the sludge belcher hits all targets in 10 yards from it self and not its target.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Groukh View Post
    Oh, I didn't knew that. Well 2 yards is a big deal, in certain situations it really is a dps gain. Unless they fix this, Sludge WILL be the go to talent afaik.
    Sadly it is, even thou they said the Abom is DPS neutral it isn't because while both attacks do the same dmg the Abom can hit more targets than the Ghoul can.

It is 360 because ghoul claw hits all targets with 8 yards for the primary target, the sludge belcher hits all targets in 10 yards from it self and not its target.

- - - Updated - - -

Sadly it is, even thou they said the Abom is DPS neutral it isn't because while both attacks do the same dmg the Abom can hit more targets than the Ghoul can.
    It is not 360. Im on beta testing it right now. Its a 180 cone.

Deleted
    Also don't forget that Abo has more health, therefore gives you stronger Corpse Shield, which can be really great.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post

Sadly yes from what everyone above said, sludge belcher for PvE all the way. I like how the ghoul looks much better when it's transformed but not worth it
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    Sadly yes from what everyone above said, sludge belcher for PvE all the way. I like how the ghoul looks much better when it's transformed but not worth it
    I really don't get why they went with that abomination model, they have so many better undead models that could have been chosen, even if we were to be given an updated version I still would have preferred something different, something more undead and less failed Doctor Frankenstein.

Edit:
    What could have been different is if they added a Neurbian model as a possible choice, even as a glyph.
    Last edited by Casterbridge; 2016-08-25 at 04:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... Sludge Belcher is the only (real) dps option in this tier, so what's the question?
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    Well... Sludge Belcher is the only (real) dps option in this tier, so what's the question?
    its not meant to be a dps talent

Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    its not meant to be a dps talent
    But sadly it is on AoE, which they could easily fix. It has been brought up on the unholy beta thread before but was never changed.

I would run it, but the Abom is fugly.

Deleted
    But sadly it is on AoE, which they could easily fix. It has been brought up on the unholy beta thread before but was never changed.

I would run it, but the Abom is fugly.
    With new model he would look more ugly and more beautyfull at same time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SDJgW3A_sw how i wish our undead looked.

With new model he would look more ugly and more beautyfull at same time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SDJgW3A_sw how i wish our undead looked.
    yeah lol, doubt it will change thou. Early in beta they said the the WW animation was a placeholder...and its the same one the gave us on live. It's such a minor dps loss on AoE and that is only if he is under DT, that i said screw it and using Geist but might switch to Skeleton.

Deleted
    yeah lol, doubt it will change thou. Early in beta they said the the WW animation was a placeholder...and its the same one the gave us on live. It's such a minor dps loss on AoE and that is only if he is under DT, that i said screw it and using Geist but might switch to Skeleton.
    how much of dps loss is it?

how much of dps loss is it?
    Would need an advanced sim for that but its very very minor. Less than 1% i would say

Deleted
    Would need an advanced sim for that but its very very minor. Less than 1% i would say
    if is so , well screw the abom, gonna use ghoul or skeleton instead