Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Norway asylum centres report increase in teen prostitution

We're bring in these people to our countries and they do this? Exploit our hospitality to engage in immoral behavior?

http://www.thelocal.no/20160824/norw...n-prostitution

“If 16-year-olds are prostituting themselves, CPS should take action, precisely because UDI is unable to. The local child welfare office must consider taking [the victim into] protective custody,” Guri Tyldum, one of the researchers behind the Fafo report, said.

15+ Year Old Account
    Exploit our hospitality is one way to look at it. I'm guessing 16-year old refugee girls who are totally alone aren't coming up with the idea to prostitue on their own though.

Pressure to support family back home, depts to pay off to trafficers, exploitation by groups targeting single young refugees, etc. etc.

Sure maybe some of them just want the money, but as a group they're extremely vulnerable to exploitation. They need to be stopped, but I think it's unlikely that they're the ones behind it, or even want to do it.

I'm unconvinced they're exploiting your hospitality, I'd wager it's more likely they've been given little other recourse.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Damn teen prostitutes coming here with the intention of selling their bodies to dirty old men, like any teenager would.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Damn teen prostitutes coming here with the intention of selling their bodies to dirty old men, like any teenager would.
    Source for that any teenager would do this?

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    Oh wow. How's the weather over in fairy-land?

Deleted
    It was ironic. Very VERY few people do it willingly.
    The people you are blaming in your OP are most likely victims.

Deleted
    We're bring in these people to our countries and they do this? Exploit our hospitality to engage in immoral behavior?

http://www.thelocal.no/20160824/norw...n-prostitution

“If 16-year-olds are prostituting themselves, CPS should take action, precisely because UDI is unable to. The local child welfare office must consider taking [the victim into] protective custody,” Guri Tyldum, one of the researchers behind the Fafo report, said.
    Yup, that is EXACTLY what they are doing. That is why Europe should make pro-life decisions, instead of pro-crime.

7+ Year Old Account
    Exploit our hospitality to engage in immoral behavior?
    There's nothing wrong with prostitution.

Very VERY few people do it willingly.
    I guess you're referring to teens here, because the majority of those who participate in prostitution choose to do so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    There's nothing wrong with prostitution.

I guess you're referring to teens here, because the majority of those who participate in prostitution choose to do so.
    That is just appallingly false.
    It is extremely clear that persons engaged in prostitution are not happy with their unfortunate choice of profession. Countless studies report that over 80% of prostitutes say they wish to get out of prostitution.
    http://sex-crimes.laws.com/prostitut...ion-statistics

7+ Year Old Account
    That is just appallingly false.

It is extremely clear that persons engaged in prostitution are not happy with their unfortunate choice of profession. Countless studies report that over 80% of prostitutes say they wish to get out of prostitution.
    When you say "most people don't do it willingly", this implies that they're forced to do it by someone else, ie sex slaves. Deciding to do something, even if it's just to survive, is still doing it "willingly".

What you've quoted has nothing to do with what I said, despite the fact that it specifically says, "choice", which I put in bold. Not a lot of people are "happy" working in fast food restaurants and wish they could get a better job but that doesn't mean they're doing it unwillingly or even that they have no choice.

Also, given the "moral" stance of that particular source, we can safely ignore half of what they say anyhow.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2016-08-25 at 03:42 PM.

When you say "most people don't do it willingly", this implies that they're forced to do it by someone else, ie sex slaves. Deciding to do something, even if it's just to survive, is still doing it "willingly".

What you've quoted has nothing to do with what I said, despite the fact that it specifically says, "choice", which I put in bold. Not a lot of people are "happy" working in fast food restaurants and wish they could get a better job but that doesn't mean they're doing it "unwillingly" or even that they have no choice.

Also, given the "moral" stance of that particular source, we can safely ignore half of what they say anyhow.
    Yeah well, sorry to break it to you, but if the alternative is just to roll over and die, then no it's not "willingly".
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Yeah well, sorry to break it to you, but if the alternative is just to roll over and die, then no it's not "willingly".
    When you can show me the statistics that definitively prove that the majority of those people have no access to an alternative job or some sort of government/societal assistance program and they're literally left with a choice between only prostitution and death, I'll happily concede that point (misuse of the term "willingly" aside).
    Last edited by Mistame; 2016-08-25 at 03:49 PM.

Deleted

What you've quoted has nothing to do with what I said, despite the fact that it specifically says, "choice", which I put in bold. Not a lot of people are "happy" working in fast food restaurants and wish they could get a better job but that doesn't mean they're doing it unwillingly or even that they have no choice.

Sure.
    Entering the world of prostitution because you can't provide food on the table is obviously a "choice". Similar to those people working in the diamond mines in south Africa. They're also "choosing" to do that.

When you can show me the statistics that definitively prove that the majority of those people have no access to an alternative job or some sort of government/societal assistance program and they're literally left with a choice between only prostitution and death, I'll happily concede that point (misuse of the term "willingly" aside).
    Right, because the food, water and shelter needed by humans to survive off are sponsored by you if they are found wanting. Or that all of those drop from the sky.

It's so elementary, but you have to resort to pedantic arguments because you can't admit you are wrong.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Who the hell would fuck these monkeys.

Deleted
    Read link provided above

7+ Year Old Account
    Sure.
    Entering the world of prostitution because you can't provide food on the table is obviously a "choice". Similar to those people working in the diamond mines in south Africa. They're also "choosing" to do that.
    A shitty choice is still a choice. But that's really irrelevant. Outside of literal sex slavery, prostituting oneself to survive is no different than flipping burgers to survive. Applying a moral dilemma to the former while not doing so to the latter and other similar scenarios is illogical.

Read link provided above
    I did. And most of it lends to "feels" and "moral" garbage, both of which are irrelevant.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2016-08-25 at 04:07 PM.

Deleted
    A shitty choice is still a choice. But that's really irrelevant. Outside of literal sex slavery, prostituting oneself to survive is no different than flipping burgers to survive. Applying a moral dilemma to the former while not doing so to the latter and other similar scenarios is illogical.

I did. And most of it lends to "feels" and "moral" garbage, both of which are irrelevant.
    Once again, this is literally what you asked:

85% to 95% of those in prostitution want to escape it, but have no other options for survival.
    https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&sourc...T09QH-DarixXtA

The "happy prostitute" is a myth. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Right, because the food, water and shelter needed by humans to survive off are sponsored by you if they are found wanting. Or that all of those drop from the sky.
    According to the article they are in asylum shelters and thus all of that is provided for them. Still these teenage boys (and few girls) turn to prostitution - e.g. to get new designer clothes, or money (according to article).