Page 5 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenrais View Post
    Out of curiousity what exactly are you timing Ironfur for? Isn't the idea to keep it up full time as physical damage is constant?
    Predictable Spike Damage = Time 3 stacks of Ironfur.

I think it is even possible to get 4 stacks with early Ironfur, hold Gory Fur until spike damage, Ironfur, Mangle and proc Gory Fur again, then two more Ironfur.

There's also the case of mixed sources of damage. For example, moderate melee damage with the occasional magic burst damage: you can keep a constant layer of Ironfur, while saving up some rage for a Mark of Ursol for the burst magic.

To be fair, baseline mythic is pretty forgiving for Guardian if you don't do something stupid. There isn't a real need to get fancy with Ironfur stacks. You can also get away with not even using Mark of Ursol at all, since our HP is massive compared to any hit you should be getting (nothing over 1mil, Rook Hold is a snowflake). Most times with burst, just using FR immediately afterwards heals massive amounts. My perspective is going EotN first top route, couple points away from Gory Fur, if that makes a massive difference.

FWIW, did my first mythic with an ilvl of 818 with a complete pug group, so I think Guardians are doing fine.

*edit* - If I have one complaint, until you get enough rage to use active mitigation we pretty much need to use a CD... and I miss powershifting.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2016-09-02 at 02:32 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Deleted
    Rend and tear is showing nothing on my interface, no damage buff on the target, no reduction buff on me, and worse, the damage is still the same, on the tooltip and ̶o̶n̶ ̶s̶k̶a̶d̶a̶.

So IMO it doesn't not work...

Edit: It scales a bit, a lot for the dot part.
    Last edited by mmoca1e94eb7cd; 2016-09-04 at 06:40 AM.

I had a question about stat weights. It says you prefer vers over haste.I am about to upgrade all my crafted items through obliterum and was wondering if any amount of haste would be needed otherwise all my crafted gear would have master/vers on it. Thank you.

Did my first mythics today

Jesus things hit hard lol :P Oakwood I believe in darkheart thicket was like a truck upon a truck

Quote Originally Posted by Kaolin View Post
    I had a question about stat weights. It says you prefer vers over haste.I am about to upgrade all my crafted items through obliterum and was wondering if any amount of haste would be needed otherwise all my crafted gear would have master/vers on it. Thank you.
    Yeah after playing the xpac for a few days now i definitely prefer Vers, even more than mastery at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpsm8 View Post
    Yeah after playing the xpac for a few days now i definitely prefer Vers, even more than mastery at this point.
    whats that mean for gemming are u going vers gems or mastery still

Quote Originally Posted by jayg2772 View Post
    whats that mean for gemming are u going vers gems or mastery still
    Gemming Vers atm for 5 mans, might switch to mastery for M+ / Raids in the future though.

What is going to be the best armor path for Guardians?
    Crafting Mastery/Vers Leather, then pushing it to 850 with Obliterum?
    Or getting Class Hall Armor to 840 and waiting for raid gear?
    Or a combination of both to push overall item level as quickly as possible?

So question,

During leveling to 110 as Guardian all I've gotten are Ice and Life relics. Considering my open relic slots are Fire and Blood, and Life is locked until after I finish order hall quests... this means I can't use any of the relics I've been getting. Is this normal or am I missing something?
    Life is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Iry View Post
    What is going to be the best armor path for Guardians?
    Crafting Mastery/Vers Leather, then pushing it to 850 with Obliterum?
    Or getting Class Hall Armor to 840 and waiting for raid gear?
    Or a combination of both to push overall item level as quickly as possible?
    Do mythic dungeons and class hall armor to get your gear up for raidds. Fill up the gaps with crafted gear. If you have tons of money. Getting full crafted is the way to go. As they'll always have your best stats. Rings have to be crafted. Sockets OP.

are we gonna be able to reach gory fur for raiding or is adaptive fur the safer bet
    currently going for gory fur the tradeoff now would be mangle damage and bear hug for adaptive fur

What are you guys doing artifact wise

Quote Originally Posted by apinksquash View Post
    So question,

During leveling to 110 as Guardian all I've gotten are Ice and Life relics. Considering my open relic slots are Fire and Blood, and Life is locked until after I finish order hall quests... this means I can't use any of the relics I've been getting. Is this normal or am I missing something?
    That's strange, I only got fire and blood. Do you have another spec as loot spec by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by apinksquash View Post
    So question,

Definitely sounds like you had resto loot spec going on when leveling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jayg2772 View Post
    are we gonna be able to reach gory fur for raiding or is adaptive fur the safer bet
    currently going for gory fur the tradeoff now would be mangle damage and bear hug for adaptive fur

What are you guys doing artifact wise
    I'm going for gory fur after EotN, on the good paths too, including bear hug, so level 23 until i get gory fur.

Estimations pre-launch put us at 19/20 before raid, however those estimations also said I should be at only 15 today, but I'm at 17, so I'm going to just power through and hope I get to 23 before raids, and if it takes me to the second id to get 23, so be it.

im at 17 as well im already headed to gory fur not sure that was the best way to go though would be nice to get more time on ironfur if were were going heavier into vers then haste our uptime and stacks may suffer the question is will vers be better then more ironfurs

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hi guys, I am currently leveling my blood alt, but I heard my friends, bear can stack 3-4 IF during around 7.2, is that right? Is he misleading me?

Quote Originally Posted by ikewu83 View Post
    Hi guys, I am currently leveling my blood alt, but I heard my friends, bear can stack 3-4 IF during around 7.2, is that right? Is he misleading me?
    I can stack 3 today already for big hits if I pay attention, and I don't even have Gory Fur yet.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    I can stack 3 today already for big hits if I pay attention, and I don't even have Gory Fur yet.
    can keep 2 stacks all the time now?

Deleted
    Hey guys,

Which trinkets are you going for, both pre raid and during raid / progress

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpsm8 View Post
    But are you gearing with no haste? or just replacing mastery with vers?