Page 19 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearygood View Post
    Any tips for blackrook +7 with this necrotic fix?
    AoE stuns, snares, and kite like a mofo. Typhoon is your friend, especially since nothing really requires a hard single-target stun in that dungeon.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Great guide!

Apologies if repeat question, but was curious if I should be prioritizing mastery/versatility above ilvl upgrades for stamina/agility they provide if it has less favorable stats?

I believe the general agreement is ilevel always wins. Jewelry is a bit more complex but i think if its 10 ilevels+ over what you have then replace it.

I've noticed that simcraft and mrrobot simulations produce different answers in terms of trinkets. just curious as to which tool people are using.

Quote Originally Posted by Droinux View Post
    I've noticed that simcraft and mrrobot simulations produce different answers in terms of trinkets. just curious as to which tool people are using.
    Trinkets are generally very hard to sim, especially for tanks, so the answer for me is: none, I use common sense.
    It may also be important to note that AskMrRobot default guardian weights are totally screwed up, and value haste at basically zero (far far below crit even), which totally skews the results for normal items.

I have found Goblet of Nightmarish Ichor to be insanely good, currently using it with Coagulated Nightwell Residue which has a very nice on use shield of ~1.1M

I had Grotesque Statuette drop to me from Xavius but it didn't feel worth it, nor helping that much as the former two. I'm just using my in-game observation, no calculations or sims by any means.

The effect from Goblet of Nightmarish Ichor is nearly permanent!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearygood View Post
    Any tips for blackrook +7 with this necrotic fix?
    Invis Potions allows you to skip the bat stairs and they are fucking impossible.

Wish we had a more well-informed list of survival trinkets. Everyone is talking about what they like and such but no real ranking of trinkets.

That said, is there a ranking for DPS trinkets for bears?

Also, what is the best opener to get max dps as a bear? When to use incarnation over GG? I figure inc beats GG on sub 3min fights, and the opener i currently use is to get a rip going then use my rage of the sleeper and continue with catweave as much as i can after its over.

Damage taken on the first mini-boss (the Demon Hunter) in Vault of Wardens on +10 in EU. Holy shit that guy does NOT fuck around. We wiped 8 times on him before calling it a day.

The picture below gives you the damage taken on a 55 second fight, with me (the Guardian Druid) rotating through ALL cooldowns. Then he hit 30% health and started doing double damage and oh god:

E: yes, mini-bosses count as trash. So compared with a mythic +0, he first got the dungeon-wide buff: 100% health and damage. Then the +10 buff, another 20% health and 40% damage. That's already a 240% or a 280% damage bonus (depending on additive bonuses or multiplicative). Then Below 30% another 100% damage bonus, bringing him to either 340% or 560%. On 50%, he activates Demon Form, which adds another 50% damage. Bringing him to 390% damage or 840% damage. His auto-attacks did 800k damage on me with Barkskin on and 2 stacks of Ironfur. He attacks about 2-3 times a second. Not to mention his Immolation aura ticks for 900k per 2 seconds in a 30 yard range before his enrage of double damage on 30%.
    Last edited by Seditian; 2016-09-30 at 10:25 PM.

Deleted
    Guys why is it that bear form for guardians provides 62.7% hp increase in hp? In other specs its 55% but in guardian its 62.7%? Does it stack with nature's guardian and how do they work?

Quote Originally Posted by djambalaz View Post
    Guys why is it that bear form for guardians provides 62.7% hp increase in hp? In other specs its 55% but in guardian its 62.7%? Does it stack with nature's guardian and how do they work?
    Maybe Claws of Ursoc stamina bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by djambalaz View Post
    Guardians have various sources of increased HP.
    55% from bear form, mastery, artifact level (0.75% per level), artifact trait (Bestial Fortitude)

So without more information we couldn't really tell you which effect specifically you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandibleclaw View Post
    The effect from Goblet of Nightmarish Ichor is nearly permanent!
    Actually, if you look at WarcraftLogs of nearly any Guardian using that trinket, the uptime is around 20%. Possibly 25% with a lot of luck. Goblet is very underbudget at the moment with the Heroic version's proc providing an average of 680 versatility on a good day.

Here are some examples:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...uras&source=20
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...uras&source=58
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...auras&source=9
    Last edited by videnfost; 2016-10-01 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by videnfost View Post
    Actually, if you look at WarcraftLogs of nearly any Guardian using that trinket, the uptime is around 20%. Possibly 25% with a lot of luck. Goblet is very underbudget at the moment with the Heroic version's proc providing an average of 680 versatility on a good day.

Here are some examples:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...uras&source=20
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...uras&source=58
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...auras&source=9
    They're all not using it correctly, in that case. You can walk back/forwards without moving the boss to prevent from double ichors hitting you. I'm not saying I'm way better than them, but I got a 31.5% uptime:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...t=20&source=17

But, of course some boss fights are horrible for it. Like basically any other fight except for, I'd imagine, Cenarius/Xavius where you can basically stand still forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    They're all not using it correctly, in that case. You can walk back/forwards without moving the boss to prevent from double ichors hitting you. I'm not saying I'm way better than them, but I got a 31.5% uptime:

But, of course some boss fights are horrible for it. Like basically any other fight except for, I'd imagine, Cenarius/Xavius where you can basically stand still forever.
    Does it have any RPPM rule or similar? I can imagine it being really good in mythic+ otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    Does it have any RPPM rule or similar? I can imagine it being really good in mythic+ otherwise.
    Wowhead says 2 + haste PPM. So in theory it should have 33% + haste uptime. So my 850 ichor should be about 950 vers on average. Seems to be about the same as Cragshaper on average, although it's more bursty. Also it's 1233 agility vs (on paper) 8300 HPS.

I've had logs with 40% uptime on the trinket but it's an outlier. You will average 20-25% uptime.

Even if your flawed outlier uptime were correct, Ichor is still extremely poor in comparison to Grotesque Statuette and Darkmoon Deck. The only time I could possibly consider downgrading to Ichor is if I was armor capped too often and wanted to drop the Darkmoon Deck.
    Last edited by videnfost; 2016-10-02 at 04:53 AM.

Neck - Currently the only enchant with a choice, many enchants did not work as intended on beta but i will list them from best to worst in my current opinion;
    Mark of the Claw - Chance to proc 550 Haste and Crit for 6 seconds.
    Mark of the Trained Soldier - +300 Flat mastery, no proc.
    Mark of the Heavy Hide - Chance to proc 3000 armor for 10 seconds.
    A question about the suggested neck enchants? Both Icy Veins and AskMrRobot suggests Mark of Heavy Hide while Pumps suggest Mark of the Claw? What do I fail to see here, I suck at theorycrafting so this no1 suprises me.

Quote Originally Posted by videnfost View Post
    I've had logs with 40% uptime on the trinket but it's an outlier. You will average 20-25% uptime.

Even if your flawed outlier uptime were correct, Ichor is still extremely poor in comparison to Grotesque Statuette and Darkmoon Deck. The only time I could possibly consider downgrading to Ichor is if I was armor capped too often and wanted to drop the Darkmoon Deck.
    "Flawed outlier", way to ignore the rest of my post. I clearly said it's horrible on all fights except for when you can stand still all the time. And yes, Grotesque Statuette is OP as fuck and wasn't at all the point. Grotesque Statuette not only beats any other trinket out of the water, it'd do that even if the effect's effectiveness was halved.

Edit: Just dropped 80k on Darkmoon and should've done it earlier. My tooltip is bugged (I think because of ElvUI) and always thought after the buff the average would be only like 700. I'm dumb.
    Last edited by Seditian; 2016-10-02 at 12:05 PM.

"Flawed outlier", way to ignore the rest of my post. I clearly said it's horrible on all fights except for when you can stand still all the time. And yes, Grotesque Statuette is OP as fuck and wasn't at all the point. Grotesque Statuette not only beats any other trinket out of the water, it'd do that even if the effect's effectiveness was halved.

Edit: Just dropped 80k on Darkmoon and should've done it earlier. My tooltip is bugged (I think because of ElvUI) and always thought after the buff the average would be only like 700. I'm dumb.
    How amazing is the darkmoon card? Using two vers trinkets and the RNG proc scares me