Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    I think we can agree that there are worlds between the magnitude of magic used in the former and the latter mak'gora.
    So some magic is okay but not full out nuke magic? Who decides this in middle of the fight? There wasn't a referee.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    So some magic is okay but not full out nuke magic? Who decides this in middle of the fight? There wasn't a referee.
    Might i point you to paragraph 2 of the reply you quoted?
    Here a quote of it:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    After the elements abandon Thrall he can still use some nature magic (see how he can raise the bridges in broken shore and use magic), but that is much rather his own magic than that of the elements.

Quote Originally Posted by darkvexen View Post
    He lost this one cause he didn't cheat

Discuss
    define cheat? cause hes clearly using elemental magic. if by cheat, you mean he didnt use magic, then you didnt watch the video you linked.

Yes, Garrosh is better in weapon fight than Thrall, we already saw it in SoO. So what?

resurrecting a dead horse that was a wild topic back in the day.

The fight wasnt over, it got interrupted while garrosh was gaining the advantage for the moment.

Garrosh is the better melee combatant. His leadership style only moved forward because it was reckless and unhindered, which was self-destructive in the long term.

Garrosh talked how he inherited a mess from Thrall, but Thrall inherited so much worse when he became warchief and had zero resources to work with. Garrosh had everything on a plate and he decided to flip the table instead. Thrall was right that he had the potential to be a great leader and great person, he exhibited this at times, but he was too hung up on so many inhibitions and shoulder chips he wrecked himself.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-08-26 at 11:03 AM.

Blood Elf Paladin vs. Orc Shaman in the comics.
    who won ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am just reminded that Garrosh had been a character since TBC. Altohugh he really came to height in Cata, thats when people started taking notice, I almost forget he even played a role in Northrend. That conversation between him and Saurfang was awesome :O
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    The sad thing here is that even with Thrall's powers he couldn't beat Garrosh. Even in SoO when you first encounter Garrosh in his throne room and Thrall fights him for like 5 seconds he loses again. Then later on he somehow manages to beat him thanks to his powers. If it weren't for his powers he'd be dead. Another instance is where he crawling like a baby on Broken Isles. Some hero this guy is. Not only does he sulk a lot but he also can't fight for shit.

Somewhere in there is some terrible writing because the movie made it seem as though Mak'gorah is some orc tradition of honor and strength and so you can only use your fists and no armor, pure strength. You look back and here Thrall and Garrosh are fighting with weapons, suited up in full armor, and Thrall is using shaman powers. If there is one thing to say about WoW is that the story and lore is so fucking inconsistent. It's so bad it's irritating as fuck to think about.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-08-26 at 01:32 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    who won ?
    Shagara, the shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Shagara, the shaman.
    Well, to be blunt, if a Paladin says "Light! Help me defeat this guy!" he'll probably boost himself a good bit. If it gets desperate, he may boost himself a lot. If a Shaman says "Fire, kick his ass" an actual sentient being will appear and go ballistic. One doesn't answer, the other does. One's mostly a figment of the person's will, the other are independent sources of power in the world.

Paladins have always been kinda screwed in that regard. Can't even get a living Naaru to show up in most cases.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."