Poll: What option do you like the most?

Lava burst & Crit

So something i just really dont like is kits that dont scale with a certain stat. Abilities that always crit translate to kits that dont scale as well with crit.

Destruction warlocks bypass this by having their total damage scale with crit, which works, elemental shamans however only get this while in ascendance.

Now, copy and pasting warlocks system could work out fine, and im sure that i have seen this suggested multiple times, but an alternative idea i had was making lava surges proc chance be based on flame shocks crits, that way there is still some late Xpac scaling.

This alternative scaling would alter the gameplay somewhat and could have some interesting interactions with talents.

Just an idea anyway, i still believe that lava burst needs crit scaling in some way, this solution limits burst (in case PvP is the issue) while affecting mobility (more instant casts)

It's been suggested to Blizzard for years, even before the Warlock revamp and they gave it to Desto.

Don't hold your breath waiting for devs to care about Ele.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    It's been suggested to Blizzard for years, even before the Warlock revamp and they gave it to Desto.

Don't hold your breath waiting for devs to care about Ele.
    Granted, but i do feel that blizzard have been taking feedback more seriously lately.

I have a suspicion that they have some reason to make sure that lava burst never sees crit scaling. If i had to guess why, it would be something to do with elementals problems with burst in PvP in the past or something. Id be happy for chaos bolt style crit, but if thy insist on making sure that it never crits, then this is a possible alternative. That way they cant just use the argument that they want to tone down burst, which is irrelevant at this stage anyway with separate PvP scaling.

Honestly, I think that the addition of LvB gaining an extra multistrike chance based on crit in WoD was one of the most creative changes they've made to the spec. It fit us thematically, and improved the flow of our LS generation and improved our stat weights.

Yet, for some reason, they've gone and removed that, instead opting to readd elemental focus (a historically uninteresting mechanic that's really only there to elevate crit a bit). Crit is already our strongest stat, and likely won't be seeing any buffs - if anything, we need some huge fixes to our current mastery scaling.