Dragons Breath got nerfed hard in pvp.

Dilly just posted on the normal arena forums that Fire mages just got DB and Klepto both nerfed today. Dragons Breath now is just a 2s desorientated.

https://twitter.com/iamvhell/status/769271962874945536

So people were complained about fire damage in pvp and blizzard go and nerf cc lol. Good bye to Dragons Breath + Meteor combo now.

Blizzard really want us to be free kill to rogues and ferals.

EDIT: Fireball Nerfed from 150% dmg to 75% in pvp / Firestarter now reduces Combustion’s cooldown by 5 seconds (was 10 seconds).

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748795300
    Last edited by Chantique; 2016-08-27 at 01:53 AM.

Deleted
    Wasn't Dragon Breath down to 3, not 2?

Edit: from the Hotfix notes:
    Mage
    - Kleptomania cooldown increased to 30 seconds (was 15 seconds).
    - Arcane Blast (Arcane) now deals 15% more damage in PvP.
    - Dragon Breath (Fire) duration reduced to 3 seconds (was 4 seconds).
    - Fireball (Fire) now deals 75% additional damage in PvP (was 150%).
    - Firestarter (Fire) now reduces Combustion’s cooldown by 5 seconds (was 10 seconds).
    - Flamecannon (Fire) now stacks to 5 (was 3), but only increases damage, range, and health by 3% per stack.
    - Greater Pyroblast (Fire) now deals 35% of the target’s health (was 25%).
    - Ice Lance (Frost) deals 20% additional damage in PvP.
    - Frost Bolt (Frost) deals 20% additional damage in PvP.

So many of your statements are wrong. Fireball is NOT nerfed by 75% (from 150% to 75%), but from "additional 150% to additional 75%". Etc.
    Last edited by mmoc8aff34db26; 2016-08-27 at 02:18 AM.

I didn't said that fireball got nerfed by 75% i said they lowered in pvp fireball damage from 150% to 75% They nerfed the template.

And even if the patch notes says dragons breath its 3s now, people are saying its lasting only 2s. (however it could be a bug)

And if you think fireball was not nerfed in pvp ->http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748795300
    Last edited by Chantique; 2016-08-27 at 03:07 AM.

Sure glad I don't pvp

Deleted
    Wasn't Kleptomania an already weak choice? Most of the mage pvp videos I watched used Temporal Shield.

The Dragon's Breath change sucks, without a doubt, but it is still a powerful spell.

The interesting thing is they still haven't nerfed the flamestrike build. Is mage every supposed to be played like that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exil25 View Post
    Wasn't Kleptomania an already weak choice? Most of the mage pvp videos I watched used Temporal Shield.

The Dragon's Breath change sucks, without a doubt, but it is still a powerful spell.
    Kleptomania is and still will be super fucking strong against resto druid comps.
    Being able to completely clear the druid from hots before switching is mad good. Also ups your survivability against those comps significantly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vette View Post
    I didn't said that fireball got nerfed by 75% i said they lowered in pvp fireball damage from 150% to 75% They nerfed the template.

And even if the patch notes says dragons breath its 3s now, people are saying its lasting only 2s. (however it could be a bug)

And if you think fireball was not nerfed in pvp ->http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748795300
    The DB change is down to 3s but it feels like 2 since it is on the GCD so by the time that has expired your window for doing shit, is literally 2s. Ppl can just sit it and jump out of meteor range. It is still very good for landing polys and double peels on melee cleave however.

Breath>nova controls warriors hard now they have no reflect as arms /fury to stop the poly.

Fireball change is actually a good one IMO, if that means i can get some damage back into my fucking pyroblast. It sucks absolute donkey dick that my big proc instant hits for less than a castable filler spell. Firestarter should be the reason we want to cast fireball, not that it is better damage than the spell the whole spec is built around which is hotstreak pyro.

Klepto change is fine tbh, it was too powerful against resto druids and had no counter play at 15s, at least now they will have a chance at barkskin being back up before it comes off cooldown for a swap.

Everyone knew this was coming though. The only thing that wasn't really a smart move from Blizz is nerfing Fireball damage so hard, when the problem is in the instants. Nothing wrong with casters having to cast their damage.

Also what Dilly meant with the 2sec DB is when you take relentless so you can't DB->Sheep a healer with relentless anymore because it leaves a small gap for Shear etc.

Deleted
    Fireball dmg wasnt nerfed from 150% to 75%(By 50%). It was nerfed from 250% damage to 175%(By 30%).