Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    i dont have a problem with the hook, but i have a problem with that truck sized hitbox.

i have enough of getting hooked while standing behind a god damn wall.

Formerly known as Arafal

The problem I have with his hook are those BS plays where he gets me when I'm directly behind a wall, but I can't seem to do the same when I'm playing him.

Deleted
    Roadhogs Hook and kill combo is something you can't counter yourself on many lightweight classes, it is by design supposed to be wickedly unfair so that your team will look towards countering Roadhog or providing protection for those who are hooked/would be hooked.

It comes at a cost however, considering this essentially makes up roadhogs entire schtick. He feeds the enemy team ultimate charge when he soaks damage for his own guys, and he has no baseline defensives beyond being able to sustain on his own.

I will admit that a good 'hog is pretty much a fucking menace in solo queue when you can't expect your team to pick Zarya/Zentatta/Reaper in response to repeatedly good hooks, but he's hardly unique in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    i have enough of getting hooked while standing behind a god damn wall.
    Yeah. That's my main pet peeve with the ability. It doesn't happen too often luckily but it's annoying to die after peeking out from behind a corner, retreating and then watching the hook mysteriously travel around the corner to pull me through a wall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Yeah. That's my main pet peeve with the ability. It doesn't happen too often luckily but it's annoying to die after peeking out from behind a corner, retreating and then watching the hook mysteriously travel around the corner to pull me through a wall.
    This isn't you getting hooked behind the wall.

This is you peeking out, getting hooked, and your PC not getting notified that you got hooked literally instantaneously, because the speed of light is still a thing.

The ONLY alternative to this would be to favour the target, meaning that nobody could ever land ANY shots on ANY mobile target, not without shooting ahead of them and hoping you correctly predicted their ping rate and that they wouldn't change direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

This is you peeking out, getting hooked, and your PC not getting notified that you got hooked literally instantaneously, because the speed of light is still a thing.

The ONLY alternative to this would be to favour the target, meaning that nobody could ever land ANY shots on ANY mobile target, not without shooting ahead of them and hoping you correctly predicted their ping rate and that they wouldn't change direction.
    So that's why I get hooked through 2 walls during the killcam, with the hook having no way of travelling around the corners? Sweet, good to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    So that's why I get hooked through 2 walls during the killcam, with the hook having no way of travelling around the corners? Sweet, good to know.
    I think you're just being extra salty. In any case, there is actually a difference to how the client shows you the game and how the server see's it and how it records play of the games and killcams. That is the reason why you're not always seeing the same identical plays and it bugs out sometimes. Although over time Blizzard have significantly improved this and I haven't seen any outrageous plays anymore like we used to in the first few weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    I think you're just being extra salty. In any case, there is actually a difference to how the client shows you the game and how the server see's it and how it records play of the games and killcams. That is the reason why you're not always seeing the same identical plays and it bugs out sometimes. Although over time Blizzard have significantly improved this and I haven't seen any outrageous plays anymore like we used to in the first few weeks.
    I still see hooks go around corners and through walls in the killcams on at least a semi-regular basis.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still see hooks go around corners and through walls in the killcams on at least a semi-regular basis.
    I see you fail to grasp of what I just explained to you. In addition, the tickrate which is currently set to 20 doesn't help either. That also contributes to these 'glitches' which hopefully should be reduced even more when high-bandwidth mode will be enabled for all gamemodes which is set at a tickrate of 60.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    if a pro landed a hook on you, he deserve a kill

if a noob landed a hook on you, you deserve to die

10+ Year Old Account
    I see you fail to grasp of what I just explained to you. In addition, the tickrate which is currently set to 20 doesn't help either. That also contributes to these 'glitches' which hopefully should be reduced even more when high-bandwidth mode will be enabled for all gamemodes which is set at a tickrate of 60.
    But the kill cam is what the guy who kills me saw. If he doesn't see me, he shouldn't land a hook on me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    seriously i dnt see how blizzard doesnt think this is a problem, a tank shouldnt be able to 1 shot out of ultimates, and when he hooks you you cant do shit, i tried using reapers wraith form and it wouldnt even work and i also tried tracers recall and neither of those abilitys let you escape his hook, and then he 1 shots you with his shotgun.this is a problem and should be fixed, like maybe decrease the range of the hook and also fix the stupid wall glitches cos there not fixedor reduce the damage he does after the hook for 2-3 seconds so he cant 1 shot
    Though thats Roadhogs thing. Unlike any other tank can't he create a shield for utility, nor have mobility or anything. And even if you hook someone, if you aim slightly off target they will survive, happened me many times. Decrease the hook and his damage would literally destroy Roadhog lol.

And the combo is Hook - 1 shot - 1 melee, so its a full round to make sure the target is dead. He cant do that against tanks etc, only squishier targets.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    then how come reapers shotgun does alot less damage
    They don't. Reaper counters Roadhog big times. Roadhog is huge and nearly impossible for Reaper to miss and he kill him quickly.

Deleted

You can't know that for sure, because Roadhog's hook *does* have a very large hitbox, you can pull people you don't even see and that don't even move.

After one of the recent patches hook seems to be able to pull you through obstacles.

It wasn't like that before.

And I don't mean the 20 tick issue where it looked like he got me through the wall. I'm talking him hooking me in mid air, I land behind the wall and he still pulls me through that wall and a pillar behind it.

Before, the wall would stop me if I managed to time my jump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Be more than 20m away? Sounds like you're trying to kill him as close ranged heroes (Reaper and Tracer) when his job is to eat close ranged heroes... You're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Be more than 20m away? Sounds like you're trying to kill him as close ranged heroes (Reaper and Tracer) when his job is to eat close ranged heroes... You're doing it wrong.
    Your job as Reaper is to kill him though. And kill the rest of their tanks

10+ Year Old Account
    But the kill cam is what the guy who kills me saw. If he doesn't see me, he shouldn't land a hook on me.
    This is incorrect. The kill cam is a reconstructed approximation of what the server saw.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is incorrect. The kill cam is a reconstructed approximation of what the server saw.
    And if, according to the server, he doesn't see me, why should he hit me?

which hopefully should be reduced even more when high-bandwidth mode will be enabled for all gamemodes which is set at a tickrate of 60.
    You know that 60 (63 acutally) tickrate servers was introuduced in 1st season on August 12?
    here is blue post about it http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overw...8474858#post-1
    You can even check stats by pressing ctrl+shift+n ingame and check it for yourself.
    I didn't know that people who play OW didn't know about that change, cause new tickrate was brought rather suddnely, and I with my team noticed it instantly, game just got more responsive, firstly it was only in competitive games, and after some days in quick play. Now it's everywhere, you can check it by yourself.
    Also on same day (12 august) https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c..._tick_servers/ ppl just started to notice it. Oh btw PC only, console still have 20 (21) tickrate.
    Last edited by lolec123; 2016-08-29 at 11:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your job as Reaper is to kill him though. And kill the rest of their tanks
    If you wait until his hooks been baited, then sure, but he's a walking barn door; you really shouldn't need to. I really don't see why groups have such a problem with him; 99% of the time if they do its because they just run into him like lemmings. Widow, Hanzo, 76, Pharah, McCree, they can all do the job with much less risk to themselves than Reaper.