Resto leveling Legion

Hey guys, quick question.
    For leveling in Legion, I know it will be better to go DPS. My question is, should I put any points into my DPS weapon while leveling?
    Right now my plan is to put all of my AP into my resto weapon that way once I'm 110, I just jump straight into group heals. But I dont know if I need to put anything into my DPS weapon. If im not putting points into it, should I just level Resto?

Thanks!

Great question, I also wanna know if leveling as resto will be viable

I lvl a shamy to lvl 110, don't hesitate to put point in your dps weapon until lvl 11 or 12 it's very cheap and usefull!! and you can choose a dps weapon first, you will be able to choose the heal one lvl 102

one lvl 110 start to upgrate your artefact knowlage to maximise you AP gain you can also start to quest in Suramar witch is a gold mine of AP.

To my experience lvling in resto is boring, slow, and not funny. use The Doomhammer !!
    Last edited by Niaraa; 2016-08-27 at 10:24 AM.

Deleted
    Having tried it a bit on beta, I'd suggest avoiding levelling as resto. It is very slow. Even Elemental isn't great. enh is definitely the way forward.

Disclaimer: This was over a month ago, not sure if any changes have been made to affect this.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can absolutely level a DPS artifact and sink 12-13 traits into it without losing any significant progress on your Resto artifact until raids are out. The first dozen traits are so cheap that you get them very quickly at 110 with world quests.

Essentially, you'll get your first ~13 Traits super fast and super easy. So don't worry about leveling as a DPS and switching to Healer. Once you hit 110, with all the new forms of Artifact Power & Artifact Knowledge, you'll catch up with your "Main" artifact super fast.

Deleted
    so i will leveling doomhammer then i go healing at 110, i take doom wolves (the top trait) while leveling? and stop to put all to the healing artifact?

Thanks guys, I think I got the info I needed.
    Going to put some points into my DPS weapon, then just go resto at 110 and start filling out that.
    Thanks again!

You don't really need to put any points into your DPS weapon though. The relics you get from quests gives the weapon it's item level and thats all you need for leveling.
    If you know that you're going to main a healer you might as well save all the AP and just slot it all into your healing weapon.

It's true, as others have pointed out that it's not a big deal if you put a few points into the DPS weapons but you'll still be slightly behind on your healing weapon compared to someone that did not "waste" thoes points.

On the other hand, you might want a few points in a DPS weapon so that the world quests goes faster at max level. The are a good source of gear and some others stuff, after all.

If you want to put points into your dps offspec weapon for leveling. Put in the first 13 points. because the artifact power you need for those first 13 traits are nothing compared to how much higher the costs get when you go from 13-->14. Seriously, if you put 13 points into your leveling spec, when you hit 110 you can catch up on your main healing artifact in just 1 day of world quests/suramar quests. Suramar quests especially gives you a ton of AP so you won't be setting yourself back that much. I personally am leveling in a group, so i'll be leveling as resto so that the tank can chain pull everything.

Deleted
    thanks guys, i will leveling enchantment, do you think u change loot at 108? to start healing dungeons at 110?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolimix View Post
    thanks guys, i will leveling enchantment, do you think u change loot at 108? to start healing dungeons at 110?
    Pretty much the only thing you would need to change is trinkets (besides the weapon, of course) since rings and stuff no longer have a primary stat (agil/intl/stength) and the rest of your gear should swap between agil and intl.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom