Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What is the optimal route to get most gear week 1?

Hi, I want to ask you guys about the most optimal route to get most gear week 1? Of course there is still RNG but what I meant with the topic, is to get the gear and be ready for mythic dungeons at the weekly reset?

If it really is as straight forward as to run heroic dungeons and pray for RNG to get ready I would accept that but since World Quests give items based on ur current ilvl, I would have liked the "max" ilvl u can get before you do the world quests so you get even better gear!

Thoughts?

Sure there is really no reason to rush since u have 3 weeks after the expansion launches but it would be still be nice to know your options

You best bet is to max class hall / suramar followed by Heroic spam / WQ(for good rewards) and then make sure you get every single Mythic dungeon done before end of week. Thats really all you can do for the first 3 weeks.

Deleted
    id guess the most reliable but also most expansive would be to use some crafted gear.
    it wont get you fully geared but it will help a fair bit.
    aside from that probably do all the worldquests that drop loot and do instances. there arnt that many options.
    maybe running around collecting treasures and killing rares will help a bit

mythic dungeons will be available from 31.8. (wednesday reset), so all there is to do in the first week is to complete them.
    Last edited by pmkaboo; 2016-08-24 at 02:54 PM.

World quest gear will immediately start at 800. It will simply be a matter of running as many heroics and regular raids as you can to get gear from there, which will subsequently boost the ilvl of the gear that drops from world quests. Be advised, however, that not all world quests give gear. There is some rng to what quests you're given each day. I had a few days where I had only a couple that yielded gear, and oftentimes it wasn't always the best itemized for my chosen spec.

You pretty much already know what to do. Beyond that, the best you can hope for is RNGesus to shine war and titan forges down upon you and your drops.

Get super lucky and find a legendary in your first week!

This google document spreadsheet has been floating around. It has some extremely helpful information that you and others might find useful.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...69mOhc/pubhtml

Medivh made a guide that's been posted here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...9mOhc/pubhtml#

Seems fairly awesome to me, but then I haven't looked at it in detail.

Edit: above poster beat me...

I think alot of people are underestimating the importance of artifact power over gear . Your artifact power is going to be more important in the long run i guess getting gear to meet the ilvl requirments to get into mythics is important though .

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, when you hit 110, your #1 priority is getting your class order hall questline to the first 5/5 follower quest portion. Nothing in the game is as important as that early on, as it will allow you to unlock your third relic slot
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Honestly, when you hit 110, your #1 priority is getting your class order hall questline to the first 5/5 follower quest portion. Nothing in the game is as important as that early on, as it will allow you to unlock your third relic slot
    Yes, doing that and leveling alts for the mythic+ keystone spam is probably the best bet to gear up... not really gear up week 1, but then week 1 gear does not matter and is pointless apart from boosting world quest drop quality.

Kinda off topic (lol even my own topic) but is there a catch up mechanic for professions as well? Or is it recommended to reach lvl 700 before Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by LexiSwe View Post
    Kinda off topic (lol even my own topic) but is there a catch up mechanic for professions as well? Or is it recommended to reach lvl 700 before Legion?
    You can craft everything at 1. Need 300 for World Quests for X profession. The higher your Prof level the higher Rank versions of stuff you can make(IE: less mats to make it(not better stats just cheaper)).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    You can craft everything at 1. Need 300 for World Quests for X profession. The higher your Prof level the higher Rank versions of stuff you can make(IE: less mats to make it(not better stats just cheaper)).

My apologies, but sadly both of this is incorrect.

It's 100 for world quests.

The higher rank recipes are drops and have nothing to do with prof level otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sh1ftea View Post
    I think alot of people are underestimating the importance of artifact power over gear . Your artifact power is going to be more important in the long run i guess getting gear to meet the ilvl requirments to get into mythics is important though .
    It's hard to underestimate the importance of artifact power over gear. :-)

If you earn 50K AP in your first week, you'll have a nice jump in artifact traits compared to earning 10K AP. But it will remain a difference of 40K AP forever, and a couple months from now that difference will be nearly undetectable.

If you miss a day on your *Artifact Knowledge* researches however, that'll haunt you for the expansion. You'll never be able to catch up in AK on someone who chains them neatly, and whenever you do the same activities as they do at different AK ranks, you'll fall further behind them -- whether now or months from now.

Of course, if you sanely refrain from comparing yourself to players who minmax more than you do, no reason to stress about it. :-)

Blizzard: Bosses now also have a chance to drop ponies! A pony makes your character better.
    Players: AAARGH ponies are RNG!
    Now it's even harder to be perfect. /unsub
    They should just make ponies baseline.
    LOL @ World of Ponycraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sounder View Post
    It's hard to underestimate the importance of artifact power over gear. :-)

If you earn 50K AP in your first week, you'll have a nice jump in artifact traits compared to earning 10K AP. But it will remain a difference of 40K AP forever, and a couple months from now that difference will be nearly undetectable.

If you miss a day on your *Artifact Knowledge* researches however, that'll haunt you for the expansion. You'll never be able to catch up in AK on someone who chains them neatly, and whenever you do the same activities as they do at different AK ranks, you'll fall further behind them -- whether now or months from now.

Of course, if you sanely refrain from comparing yourself to players who minmax more than you do, no reason to stress about it. :-)
    Artifact research takes less and less time as the expansion goes on.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    My apologies, but sadly both of this is incorrect.

It's 100 for world quests.

The higher rank recipes are drops and have nothing to do with prof level otherwise.
    I mean when blizzard says 300 and rank of recipes is based on prof skill level literally like 2 days ago I'd believe that but w/e.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    Artifact research takes less and less time as the expansion goes on.
    Yes -- both for you and for folks who chained AK researches more neatly than you did. My points stand.

Blizzard: Bosses now also have a chance to drop ponies! A pony makes your character better.
    Players: AAARGH ponies are RNG!
    Now it's even harder to be perfect. /unsub
    They should just make ponies baseline.
    LOL @ World of Ponycraft.

What I am aiming at doing week 1 is all 8 mythics with my group. Hopefully before that I have time to craft a full set of gear. For most dps specs crafted gear will be BIS before Emerald Nightmare opens up. I am going to open up my obliterum forge as soon as possible so I can start getting obliterum saved up.

So crafted gear then mythics is the best route imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sounder View Post
    Yes -- both for you and for folks who chained AK researches more neatly than you did. My points stand.
    Actually, it only speeds up if you're behind the curve. It will be 5 days per research if you keep it up all the time, but the more you're behind the faster it is untill you're close to the curve again...