Which healer can damage and heal well?

From what I've seen, they removed the fistweaving from MW Monks, but then I saw a PvP talent called "Way of the Crane". It increases your dmg by %50 and you heal 3 nearest allies for the %200 of dmg done. However, the PvP talent in the same row called "Ancient Mistweaver Arts" which makes Soothing Mist active and channeled looks to be better. So, the fistweaving isn't worth much, but is more fun?

Resto Druid put HoTs on ppl and can go dmg with Feral Affinity. I was thinking about rerolling a Feral, but that made me think.
    Disc Priest shields ppl and go dps, but their dps abilities are casted. Since their dmging abilities are under the same spell school with Shadow Mend, that doesn't sound good.
    Same goes for Holy Paladin.
    Holy Priest can't do damage.
    I don't like totems so fuck Resto Sham.

MW Monks have insane mobility which got my attention. Resto Druids have Blink, Dash, Cat Form and such, but can't catch MW's mobility. MW has Paralysis while Resto has Cyclone. Both have stun. So, they look kinda equal, but which one does more dmg?

literally the definition of discipline priests lul

atm MWs and discs are the only true specs who can weave dmg in between healing and perform optimally

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Note that this only goes for "at the same time".

When Healers are just healing or just DPSing, Disc excells at neither.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...&class=Healers

excuse me?

note that I took 99th/max Percentile to include only tryhard-healer-dps

on top of this, the disc artifact enhances all Disc priests damage dealing spells.
    Last edited by mmoc3c639dd81a; 2016-08-27 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post

excuse me?

note that I took 99th/max Percentile to include only tryhard-healer-dps

on top of this, the disc artifact enhances all Disc priests damage dealing spells.
    That's not 99%. thats max. for 99percentile disc/mw is on top. disc is ahead of any spec by far though so it doesn't really matter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    That's not 99%. thats max. for 99percentile disc/mw is on top. disc is ahead of any spec by far though so it doesn't really matter
    I post 2 links. you click one and think the other is identical.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    I post 2 links. you click one and think the other is identical.
    Well doesn't matter. max dps is irrelevant, since those cheesers might not even make the same effort. Some might argue 99% is irrelevant aswell. It doesn't tell much about how a spec performs in general

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    My thoughts when I read this title. How is that even a question
    It's just veiled whinge about MW losing fistweaving.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    When Healers are just healing or just DPSing, Disc excells at neither.
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Well doesn't matter. max dps is irrelevant, since those cheesers might not even make the same effort.
    you're weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    literally the definition of discipline priests lul

atm MWs and discs are the only true specs who can weave dmg in between healing and perform optimally
    Besides the heal well part. They did just get a handful of buffs so that might help close the gap to other groups. This spec is still currently far too complicated for the bulk of the playerbase to be a viable option.
    Last edited by Alvito; 2016-08-27 at 03:51 PM.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I'm finding Holy paladin damage to be really nice, but all healers can do a lot of damage.
    The best balance is probably Mistweaver.
    Discipline is built around doing both healing and DPS at the same time, but sadly they are great at neither.

Paladins can do way more damage than Disp when they DPS, and way more healing when they heal. The difference is, you need to chose. You need to be able to play this way if you are going to play a healer properly.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy Priests can do a lot of damage too. They have Holy Nova as well, very good for Dungeons.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Disc priests have a nice blend of holy and shadow damage/healing. So if you get locked out of one via an interrupt you can still use the other.

I personally enjoy DPSing as disc more than I do shadow, shame that it's a healing spec.

Deleted
    Disc can't heal well, or be top dps. They are just plain at everything.

But it is great to have one specc that is complicated, but at the same time, when mastered, can heal as well as other healers AND contribute to dps.

Great players now have an option to chose this, to the point that I expect whine threads of "Forced to bring disc to progression raids"
    Under their current settings they don't bring enough of either to be forced into any progression raid. Which is why people are bitching up a storm on the WoW forums over disc being weak in higher level mythic + dungeons and not sought after for mythic raids. While they can do dmg and dps they aren't great at either so unless dmg spikes line up with their cd they are an empty raid spot.

Apart from the bit where people bitch up a storm on..like..anything? Can you name the 5 perfect class / speccs that are the one and only viable for mythic+?

Or are really at the end of the day a lot of speccs and classes viable for this and it is min/maxers and generally people who like to bitch and moan trying to get to a point where they can watch the world burn?
    I cant really see disc being viable in mythic+ if thats what youre asking. When you get to around 10+ damage starts to get really insane and disc just doesnt have enough throughput to keep the entire group alive. Most of the healers can put out decent dps when they burst/if they burst, I usually do that as a holy paladin when its necessary.

Either way, there is no 5 perfect specs. Theres many comps that are viable for mythic+. Many of them include some of the same specs like Fire mage, but theres many comps you can run. But, there are specs that are pretty bad for mythic+ like Disc and Dps with really bad aoe.

On topic- If youre talking about pvp, Holy paladin has an insanely good talent called Avenging Crusader that is easily the best choice on the last tier. It increases all damage you do and heals allies for 200% of any damage you do. It also decreases the CD on your damage spells like Judgement, CS, etc. If youre talking about pve, most of the healers can put out good damage when they burst or just get really offensive.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-08-27 at 08:34 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    I disagree. They can definitely heal well, you just haven't played with a good one.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...hps&dataset=80

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Under their current settings they don't bring enough of either to be forced into any progression raid. Which is why people are bitching up a storm on the WoW forums over disc being weak in higher level mythic + dungeons and not sought after for mythic raids. While they can do dmg and dps they aren't great at either so unless dmg spikes line up with their cd they are an empty raid spot.
    They're not as far behind as some people assume. Sure, they don't do as much dps as a fire mage, but being able to stay close to tanks on damage while also keeping up with most healers is pretty impressive as a spec in a raiding scenario. Lucky thing about raids, it's not generally a solo-heal scenario so they don't have to have their CDs up with damage spikes because most of the other healers have things to take care of it.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Apart from the bit where people bitch up a storm on..like..anything? Can you name the 5 perfect class / speccs that are the one and only viable for mythic+?

Or are really at the end of the day a lot of speccs and classes viable for this and it is min/maxers and generally people who like to bitch and moan trying to get to a point where they can watch the world burn?
    How about this you run as disc until your heart is content and when you get towards mythic +8 and start to feel it is impossible or your groups stop taking you, then you have the out of blaming your spec. The healing is not consistent enough nor strong enough outside of cool downs for many of the higher end things. Even when played by the best players it is lack luster. So much so they just opt for the other healing spec or different classes. If you want to play disc and enjoy it good for you, doing so will limit what you do though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTiddles View Post
    I disagree. They can definitely heal well, you just haven't played with a good one.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...hps&dataset=80

They're not as far behind as some people assume. Sure, they don't do as much dps as a fire mage, but being able to stay close to tanks on damage while also keeping up with most healers is pretty impressive as a spec in a raiding scenario. Lucky thing about raids, it's not generally a solo-heal scenario so they don't have to have their CDs up with damage spikes because most of the other healers have things to take care of it.
    In raids they do much better then when on their own. They can let things naturally happen to a certain degree. If they were in a group that had to split from the raid and solo things or in a higher lvl mythic + then their weaknesses become obvious. They were also just buffed so that might help smooth things over some. Making the most complicated healer class the weakest seems like poor design so some alterations will happen.

Sounds to me like you are one of the super duper guys who finds out what the perfect setup for Mythic +100 is before you start levelling and then choose your new main based on that?

Jesus..you guys have problems. That is why I asked "So what is the perfect 5 man setup" in one of my previous post. Just go with that because it apparently is impossible to play the specc you are best at / enjoy and do it with your friends.
    Not at all, disc just struggles to keep up on its on in heavy constant damage. I am sorry that is so upsetting to you but that is the way it is now. Blizzard has even said as much during Q&As. You can want it to be a superstar until you are blue in the face, but if the class has limits sooner or later everybody regardless of ability will hit it. This is no different then the rest of life, say you wanted to go swimming for fun, you could get decked out in a wet suit and flippers and all sorts of other things, or you could go with steel toe'd boots, which do you think would be easier?

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Can confirm. Since pruning disaster, discs are not at all very powerful. They only really have plea to heal and its not that great. They're also really lacking in spells, so your rotation will be 2-3 keys.