Deleted

Questions about Outlaw

Hey everyone

First off id like to apologize if these questions have been answered elsewhere. I havent been able to find it so here it goes:

When playing as Outlaw we are ment to fish for any 2 buffs. But that can at times take several rolls to get those, meaning that in the mean time our DPS is utter shit (or atleast i feel it is :-)). How does this add up with the very high numbers on the sims, and does it in any way get "better" at 110? I really find Outlaw to be an ok fun spec to play, but I am abit "frightend" at the very high amount of RnG in it, meaning that I can end up being nearly at the bottom of a fight on dps meters or i can end up at the clear top, all depending on wehter i am lucky or not.
    So the question is. Does this complete RnG based thing change with the artifact system or does it keep on going thru Legion? And have the Sims that we can find around the forums only taken the "lucky" rolls into account or is there also alot of unlucky ones inthere? As in does the Sims start off with ur first roll giving u 2 + buffs or does it factor that sometimes u can fish thru alot of rerolls without getting 2 buffs?
    Last edited by mmoc1f8270fcd7; 2016-08-27 at 11:18 AM.

You've got a 36% chance to get 2 buffs on any rtb roll. Keep going until you get em.

it's a dps loss if you don't go for two, but you can alternatively go for buffs that speed up the rotation - broadsides, jolly roger or buried treasure.

It's fast-paced overall, the slow points are up to you to mitigate.

Sims for legion:
    https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?...HxBKV_biTNzfRY

Yes, they take bad luck into account, hence the large difference between min. and max. dps.
    And fishing gets easier with your artifact traits.

I could be wrong, but I thought it was fish for two or the shark (even if it is solo).

Quote Originally Posted by lxoxrxd View Post
    Yes, they take bad luck into account, hence the large difference between min. and max. dps.
    It's not really just about bad luck on that it's also about crazy good luck. Combat will very rarely ever (if ever) hit it's max compared to sub or assassin. On average it will do more but max dps shouldn't really be looked at as anything since it would take insane rng to happen compare to what it would take for other specs to hit their max.

My point in bringing this up is looking at the max vs min in this case doesn't really give you a good idea of the spec's normal rng because it has chance at so much rng extra dps compared to anything we've ever seen before that it seems to not be balanced around having.

The spec isn't any more rng than the other specs normally (All 3 are much more rng than in wod) but it does have a chance to get massive bonus dps which is nothing more than just a rng bonus.
    Last edited by Wow; 2016-08-27 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    It's not really just about bad luck on that it's also about crazy good luck. Combat will very rarely ever (if ever) hit it's max compared to sub or assassin. On average it will do more but max dps shouldn't really be looked at as anything since it would take insane rng to happen compare to what it would take for other specs to hit their max.

My point in bringing this up is looking at the max vs min in this case doesn't really give you a good idea of the spec's normal rng because it has chance at so much rng extra dps compared to anything we've ever seen before that it seems to not be balanced around having.
    Bringing min/max up wasn't about showing performance but to tell the OP that "luck" is taken into account in sims.
    Nobody should base their decision around min/max dps only. It's the mean dps that is important. And the mean dps kinda shows the "normal rng".

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I could be wrong, but I thought it was fish for two or the shark (even if it is solo).
    It was fish for Sharks or 3s before the tuning. Now it is any 2s.
    The DPS difference between not rerolling and rerolling for 2s is about 4%. The difference between fishing for Sharks or 2s or just fishing for 2s is 0.3%.

Deleted
    Sweet..thx alot for the answers :-)