World of Warcraft 2.0

So Sargeras succeeds in destroying Azeroth and all the worlds in the Great Dark Beyond.
    Afterwards he destroys all demons as well as the Twisting Nether and then with so much Power gained from these events, Light and Darkness as well.

Then he stops existing because there is no force left which can maintain him as he started out as mere creation too.

So everything is back to square 1.

Over time a new world arises with entirely new gods and creatures which inhabit it - WoW 2.0 (with better graphics)

Would you paly under these conditions? (Note: It won't be Guild Wars 2 or Rift )

Edit: Guys there is a reason I started this thread in the "Fun Stuff" section just so you know... :P
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2016-08-27 at 01:03 PM.

Eh, that's just lore mumbo jumbo. What I wanna know is: is it a cool fascinating game, does it play world class, does it make you not want to put it down for hours? Does it have totally cool races and classes that you just really want to play, are the abilities and combat animations kickass? Does it have enchanting environment design and magical music?

If so, maybe. So far, the only MMO that's ever done that for me was WoW, and I actually doubt I'd be willing to ever again get invested in such a game, starting all over again. WoW is home, that's one of its greatest assets.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2016-08-27 at 12:24 PM.

Deleted
    No I would not.

... Fuck starting over from square 1 after 8 years of investment, and for what? To please the kids that value graphics (WoW ART STYLE is unique and graphics get better each expansion) over the game itself?

WoW is for those that still love the game, not for those that fell out of love but still can't move on.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-08-27 at 12:29 PM.

Didn't a Final Fantasy MMO do something like this? The world was destroyed so they created a new game?

Quote Originally Posted by GameGod888 View Post
    So Sargeras succeeds in destroying Azeroth and all the worlds in the Great Dark Beyond.
    Afterwards he destroys all demons as well as the Twisting Nether and then with so much Power gained from these events, Light and Darkness as well.

Then he stops existing because there is no force left which can maintain him as he started out as mere creation too.

So everything is back to square 1.

Over time a new world arises with entirely new gods and creatures which inhabit it - WoW 2.0 (with better graphics)

Would you paly under these conditions? (Note: It won't be Guild Wars 2 or Rift )
    WoW 2.0 is a bad idea.

Fact:
    - Blizzard can produce X amount of content / year

Option 1:
    - Add that content to existing WoW game in the form of expansion packs.
    - The old content still exists in case you want to do something different

Option 2:
    - Use that content as a new WoW 2.0 game
    - The old content does NOT exist. That includes classes, races, timewalking dungeons, transmog sets, toys, story - nothing.

So ask yourself this: Would you enjoy WoW 2.0 if it contained ONLY the continent of Draenor and nothing else?
    If the answer is NO, then you do not want WoW 2.0

---

Also -

Graphics can be updated. Blizzard does this every expansion. In vanilla we did not have water reflections, shader effects, multisampled outputs, glow selection and player models with > 1000 polygons. Things have changed.

Compare these two screenshots. One from Vanilla Wow, one from Mists of Pandaria 10 years later. Try to spot a difference

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...06/newmans.jpg
    http://media.blizzard.com/wow/media/...ot-24-full.jpg
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

No. This WoW 2 idea gets tossed around twice every week, and none of these threads have any compelling arguments to make.

Guys there is a reason I started this thread in the "Fun Stuff" section just so you know... :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    That's not WoW. The only thing that'd be carried over would be Sargeras.

Well I would play it, that is if it retained the wow feel to it but I would much prefer wow remained the same, wow is wow. With each expansions, graphics, animations, textures, models, special effects, etc are getting better and better. IMO we're already playing wow 2.0. Plus it's not going to happen anytime soon, they wouldn't put so much time and effort in current xpacs if that was the case they would just give us more boring patches.