Page 20 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Not really. It's just underhanded and wrong in general. You even just stated that the motivation wasn't based on race, but rather based on a want to win the election, yet are still using it as an example for it being racism.
    I'd say that racism doesn't have to be intentional to be racism, any more than insult has to be intentional to be insult. Interesting tangent, but eh, off topic and not interesting enough.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    If we treat people differently by race, which is an observably fact here, its racism.
    You have not presented evidence that people are being treated different by race, thus it is not an observable fact. Differences in outcome is not inherently racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    Black people commit murder at a rate of 6 times higher than non-blacks.
    Why do you think that is?

So being an outgroup individual in another country would then automatically make that country racist because they don't treat you like a native?

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    You have not presented evidence that people are being treated different by race, thus it is not an observable fact. Differences in outcome is not inherently racist.
    I know you've seen the data. You seem to be under some delusion that intent modifies the data.

Lack of good male role models? At least I would say that is part of it.

- - - Updated - - -

I know you've seen the data. You seem to be under some delusion that intent modifies the data.
    Intent modifies the motive you are assigning the law officers doing the arresting.

Couldn't give a fuck less if he sits down during an Anthem. I don't know why this is a story. I am so sick of hearing about this kind of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by dark666105 View Post
    Lack of good male role models? At least I would say that is part of it.
    Isn't that just trying to explain one moral failing with another? Its not getting to any root cause.

7+ Year Old Account
    Different outcome data does not equal being treated differently by the law. That is something you have to prove for each data set.

Nothign i can say hasn't already been said about his hypocrisy.

There is no systemic racism in america, only facts that are twisted to look racist. yes, african are arrested more than other races, because African americans commit more crimes than other races, most likely becasue lower income peoples commit more crimes (and guess what demographic makes up the low income tier?) The article is garbage, it mentions Chicago, of all places, as somewhere where they want to make an example. CHICAGO HAS SOME OF THE TOUGHEST GUN CONTROL LAWS IN THE NATION( outside of DC) and has been in firm Democratic control. Now unless they are suggesting that Democratic policies actually keep minorities down(which i believe they do through welfare ) they need to find a better cause.

Because they have a culture that promotes and glorifies violence, not because racism.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Isn't that just trying to explain one moral failing with another? Its not getting to any root cause.
    Well I would say the fatherless homes are just part of the root cause. It is a fairly large factor in creating the poor community and fostering gangs.

Lately lack of personal responsibility for ones circumstances seems to be a factor as well. That goes for any poor community irregardless of race.

Because they embrace a culture which encourages violence, and anyone who suggests they should stop is called a racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Neither is saying everything is racist lol.
    You're really not up to the task of avoiding this silly sniping are you?

Because they have a culture that promotes and glorifies violence, not because racism.
    Even assuming this is true, which I think is mostly based on silly racial stereotypes and biased interpretation, I'd refer you to my above statement. You're just trying to explain one more failing with another, without a root cause being given. Basically just kicking the can down the road.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dark666105 View Post
    Well I would say the fatherless homes are just part of the root cause. It is a fairly large factor in creating the poor community and fostering gangs.
    What do you think drives the fatherlessness?

Even assuming this is true, which I think is mostly based on silly racial stereotypes and biased interpretation, I'd refer you to my above statement. You're just trying to explain one more failing with another, without a root cause being given. Basically just kicking the can down the road.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably a number of factors based on each case, though again lack of personal responsibility for ones own circumstances is a large one for poor communities.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you think Black people commit murder at a much higher rate?
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Poverty.

/10char
    A large factor. Wealth and opportunity get passed down generation to generation. African Americans haven't had many generations of being able to do that. Given how bad things were even as recently as the 80s......

7+ Year Old Account
    A large factor.
    Can you name a bigger factor than poverty?

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Can you name a bigger factor than poverty?
    I'm not sure there's much point or objectively to be had in trying to weigh factors like that.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure there's much point or objectively to be had in trying to weigh factors like that.
    There is a lot of value in being able to prioritize factors. Only an ideologically greedy person would think "All of the causes I fight for are top factors!".