Page 36 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I wonder who would ever support someone who says America is not great?

- - - Updated - - -

I found this funny

I find it ironic that people who revel in calling Trump on his shit citing free speech are basically saying Kaepernick can't be judged or criticised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I find it ironic that people who revel in calling Trump on his shit citing free speech are basically saying Kaepernick can't be judged or criticised.
    I assumed most people critical of trump were critical on him wanting to use libel to stifle criticism. Based on what I've read on this thread, people are just upset he didnt stand.

I assumed most people critical of trump were critical on him wanting to use libel to stifle criticism. Based on what I've read on this thread, people are just upset he didnt stand.
    I'm upset that he's being painted as some great martyr when he'll forget about this in about a month. It's for attention, not anything meaningful.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The more I read up on this guy the more and more it sounds like he was on his way out the door and decided to throw the race card into the mix. Good move on his part if you ask me. He can become a professional activist and possibly even charge for speaking fees to talk about how he was oppressed by the white man.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm upset that he's being painted as some great martyr when he'll forget about this in about a month. It's for attention, not anything meaningful.
    A martyr is only as strong as those who despise the martyr.

Things were going just fine back in the 80's, 90's and even the early 2000's... people of all different colors and ethnicities got along just fine. (Well except for the couple of times that I got called a "chink" and spit on back in the 80's, but those were just a bunch of retarded kids). For the most part I never had an issue in my nearly 40 years on this planet. Occasionally I do indeed run into a racist, but they are entitled to their own opinions and it has absolutely no bearing on how I live my life.

Fast forward to present times... people started screaming racism for no apparent reason and all of a sudden everything has gone to shit when we already solved this mess back in the 60's. Back then, my Dad had a gun pulled on him and was run out of a podunk Texas town, "because they didn't want no China man in their town". He since moved on from it and had a very successful carreer as an officer in the USAF and later on as a Federal employee. Unless you can claim to have had the same thing happen to you, please grow a thick skin and move on. I am getting real tired of people playing the victim card as seems so popular these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    The more I read up on this guy the more and more it sounds like he was on his way out the door and decided to throw the race card into the mix. Good move on his part if you ask me. He can become a professional activist and possibly even charge for speaking fees to talk about how he was oppressed by the white man.
    If Broncos start 0-4, 2 losses by Seamin (sp?) and 2 by Lynch, he will be the starting QB of the defending Super Bowl champions. He isn't helping him self at all, by doing this. In a QB desperate league, sticking your head out and risking off field questions, is not what a guy that just 3 years ago, was called a future hall of famer by an ESPN pundit, should be doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Martyrdom is dumb... It's the equivalent of a kid holding their breath until they get what they want. Good job suffocating your self... /golfclap
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    If Broncos start 0-4, 2 losses by Seamin (sp?) and 2 by Lynch, he will be the starting QB of the defending Super Bowl champions. He isn't helping him self at all, by doing this. In a QB desperate league, sticking your head out and risking off field questions, is not what a guy that just 3 years ago, was called a future hall of famer by an ESPN pundit, should be doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Martyrdom is dumb... It's the equivalent of a kid holding their breath until they get what they want. Good job suffocating your self... /golfclap
    Person does something, they get a reaction. Generally the point. The strength of said something done depends on the strength of the reaction.

Not saying this guy is a martyr or anything, but hey, the reaction is working.

Then Trump is apparently the best martyr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then Trump is apparently the best martyr.
    As are terrorists who refer to themselves as such, cost the US thousand of lives, and trillions in costs. Being a martyr is not a good or bad thing, it is simply a thing. You have a martyr for human rights, and for the most depraved acts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im with you.

Unfortunately, this has nothing to do with racism in this country. He strategically played this out using that as a scapegoat. Now, when the 49ers go to fire him in a couple weeks because he is a shitty player, they will receive backlash on a whole new level from SJWs, BLM, Hillary and Co., etc. for being racist, etc. He is using this as a way to manipulate the 49ers into keeping him on their roster so he continues to make millions more of his "oppressed" money.

People these days love that the media tells them what they need to know so they don't have to see what's actually happening for themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Provenance View Post
    Im with you.

Unfortunately, this has nothing to do with racism in this country. He strategically played this out using that as a scapegoat. Now, when the 49ers go to fire him in a couple weeks because he is a shitty player, they will receive backlash on a whole new level from SJWs, BLM, Hillary and Co., etc. for being racist, etc. He is using this as a way to manipulate the 49ers into keeping him on their roster so he continues to make millions more of his "oppressed" money.

People these days love that the media tells them what they need to know so they don't have to see what's actually happening for themselves.
    Explains why the media is both saying to condemn and encourage this type of behavior.

As are terrorists who refer to themselves as such, cost the US thousand of lives, and trillions in costs. Being a martyr is not a good or bad thing, it is simply a thing. You have a martyr for human rights, and for the most depraved acts.
    Just saying. A lot of people dick riding this here (and at work) and claiming only nationalists and racists are upset and he shouldn't be criticised while believing every stupid word out of Donald Trump's mouth deserves 18 threads.

Please don't mind me. I'm a tad salty after being called an Uncle Tom for believing it's his right to do it, but he still looks like a douche trying to remain relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saying. A lot of people dick riding this here (and at work) and claiming only nationalists and racists are upset and he shouldn't be criticised while believing every stupid word out of Donald Trump's mouth deserves 18 threads.

Please don't mind me. I'm a tad salty after being called an Uncle Tom for believing it's his right to do it, but he still looks like a douche trying to remain relevant.
    Dont mind me for not really being concerned with what you may or may not have been called.

What is odd to me is that people care more for the ritualistic behavior rather than any meaning behind it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Explains why the media is both saying to condemn and encourage this type of behavior.
    Well, both sides of the media are missing the real intent of Kaepernick. As usual, the media is making the story fit their own narratives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, both sides of the media are missing the real intent of Kaepernick. As usual, the media is making the story fit their own narratives.
    But some media is also explaining his real intent.

10+ Year Old Account
    But some media is also explaining his real intent.
    I have seen a few small news outlets reflect my story. But none of them being CNN, Fox, MSNBC, etc. I could have missed it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have seen a few small news outlets reflect my story. But none of them being CNN, Fox, MSNBC, etc. I could have missed it though.
    The media does not need to fix a narrative, they encourage the makin of our own. Its more like Huxley than Orwell in this scenario... why withhold information, when we can simply overwhelm to the point of not even caring for the truth?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I was looking at Jay Glazer from FOX Sports pointing out his recent surgeries and weight loss but tbh I'm not the biggest football fan and the source is FOX so it is probably worth a singular grain of sand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    The best part is you won't even see how god damn racist this is.
    You can call it whatever you want but I've given black people great career opportunities. And every time, they walk. They are too good to do that kind of work. The High School Football star; he came in for one day of work on a route. He walked as soon as he came back. The work was too hard for him. The the dope smoking bum; he never even went to roanoke to register and be interviewed.

Could have been making $600-700 a week... But naw, his ass working fast food. Now. Maybe it's a good thing his girlfriend miscarried. Last thing the world needs is a little kid who can't even get some decent looking clothes because his parents are too broke to go to a thrift store.

Kid in HS trying to make some money on the side - has an excuse whenever the work gets hard. Like man, I'm not gonna beg your ass to come to work. I have too much pride for that. You can get your ass up and come get a slice of this pie or you can sit the fuck back and watch me devour the whole thing. Don't tell me you're going to work for me and then not show up or try to bail out all of the time.

Hell, I go out and run both sides of business and one time one of our black customers says to two of my guys out on the job, "What you white boys doing out here doing this nigga work?" legit, I shit you not. I couldn't believe it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Kappanigga has to stay relevant somehow, I suppose. I fully agree for what he did and why he did it (if that's why he did it), but I don't see why this is a story at all. I mean, it doesn't even mean anything when Bron, Wade, Melo and CP do it, so why should it matter when some fairly terrible backup QB does it?
    This is true, but I think it's a combination of football being a more popular sport and people just getting fucking tired of hearing police being slandered at every chance these ignorant ass people get.

Yeah, some cops out there doing shit they aren't supposed to do. But I'd like to see these people giving all these cops shit to spend a day in their job. To see if it changes their perspective on black people and how to approach them. Hell, y'all ain't even gotta be cops... Go work in a prison for a year.

I promise you'll come out saying "Man I fucking hate Niggers." And the word Nigger won't mean all black people to you. Just these dumb motherfuckers playing career thug and ratchet hoe.