Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    The bolded part is what I'm really interested in. I'm not 100% sure that this is true only because of how much haste would be needed for a new tick. I honestly think the Persistence trait might play a bigger role (in combination with haste) than purely caring about haste. Back when I only had the 3 base traits of Persistence, it was something like 11.52% needed for the 9th tick. With 2 Relics for Persistence, I've dropped down to 7% and was still getting it. But I would love it if someone could make a haste breakpoint for Rejuv chart this expac.
    Persistence relics are an interesting thought and this 4p will likely just amplify it as an already strong trait. Remember that partial ticks of rejuv should still proc the 4p, so this may essentially reintroduce haste break points in that you want to push for that extra bit of haste if it can push you from 80% partial tick into 1 full tick and a 10% partial tick, giving you an extra 2% chance proc.

Also will the 4p proc on overhealing? After being unsubbed for sometime I am unsure of how blizz usually words things like this, I assume it will only proc on actual healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerfield View Post
    Persistence relics are an interesting thought and this 4p will likely just amplify it as an already strong trait. Remember that partial ticks of rejuv should still proc the 4p, so this may essentially reintroduce haste break points in that you want to push for that extra bit of haste if it can push you from 80% partial tick into 1 full tick and a 10% partial tick, giving you an extra 2% chance proc.

Also will the 4p proc on overhealing? After being unsubbed for sometime I am unsure of how blizz usually words things like this, I assume it will only proc on actual healing.
    If it works exactly like the old ICC 4p used to work, then yes, overhealing will proc it. But yeah, haste breakpoints will most certainly be a thing again with this set bonus. Looking forward to it a bit.

So far, from the napkin math that I did, ~18.71% haste is needed for a 10th tick and ~30.57% haste for the 11th tick with 5 ranks in Persistence. I do wish relics could be removed and resocketed. That would make all of this easier.

EDIT: Some more napkin math shows that ~39.87% haste is needed for a 10th tick and ~53.84% haste for the 11th tick with only 4 ranks in Persistence. I really do hope that someone else can do this math on this as well. Would be cool to know that I'm not being retarded on this. :P
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2016-10-27 at 07:44 AM.

If it works exactly like the old ICC 4p used to work, then yes, overhealing will proc it. But yeah, haste breakpoints will most certainly be a thing again with this set bonus.
    That assumes that a partial tick would not proc the 4pc. IF indeed partial ticks CAN proc the 4pc - then no, haste breakpoints will not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    That assumes that a partial tick would not proc the 4pc. IF indeed partial ticks CAN proc the 4pc - then no, haste breakpoints will not matter.
    Getting to that next partial tick, and the BP to do so, would matter. I also see no reason why a partial tick would not work with the set, it would be incredibly clunky not to.

i.e. Going from almost 9 full ticks to a 10th partial tick, you would want to know that BP.
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2016-10-27 at 02:38 PM.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    I think the point was to go one point above those haste breakpoints in order to get another tick. So regardless of how it works, we'll still get breakpoints. The breakpoints probably won't be that important, though, as it's just a 2% chance per tick, meaning it's a 2% increase to Rejuvenation/Cultivation/Dreamwalker healing (2.04% if that Rejuvenation can then also proc it).
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    I think the point was to go one point above those haste breakpoints in order to get another tick. So regardless of how it works, we'll still get breakpoints. The breakpoints probably won't be that important, though, as it's just a 2% chance per tick, meaning it's a 2% increase to Rejuvenation/Cultivation/Dreamwalker healing (2.04% if that Rejuvenation can then also proc it).
    OK I see that, but yeah, I don't think its going to be important in the sense of changing your whole gear set up to go from 7 distinct 2% chances per rejuv to 8 distinct 2% chances, etc. Its a gain..but pretty small, we are better off gearing for stats and ilvl as we normally do, and let the bonus happen when it happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    BTW, in case any of you were unaware, ground effect aoe spells have a few new macro modifiers. [@cursor] will drop the spell where your mouse cursor is without having to click. [@player] will instantly drop it at your feet. and [@mouseover] will drop it at your mouseover target's feet. All great option for Efflorescence.
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2016-10-28 at 05:23 PM.

Not necessarily, if the partial tick has a modifier where it increases the chance of proccing until you get that extra tick (a partial tick lasting for 1/10th of a regular tick would have a 0.2% chance to proc.)

Deleted
    BTW, in case any of you were unaware, ground effect aoe spells have a few new macro modifiers. [@cursor] will drop the spell where your mouse cursor is without having to click. [@player] will instantly drop it at your feet. and @mouseover] will drop it at your mouseover target's feet. All great option for Efflorescence.
    I can't get it to work with [@mouseover] on other players, it still gives me the targeting circle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I can't get it to work with [@mouseover] on other players, it still gives me the targeting circle.
    Hmm, strange. I may have typed my macro wrong then. But for some reason [@mouseover] does work ONLY on yourself. Oh well. Thanks for pointing that out. I am still curious as to what one of the my friends had been doing a few weeks ago. Most of the time, when he would drop an efflo "randomly", it was placing it exactly at my feet, even when I was in the middle of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    Not necessarily, if the partial tick has a modifier where it increases the chance of proccing until you get that extra tick (a partial tick lasting for 1/10th of a regular tick would have a 0.2% chance to proc.)
    Sure, but it seems highly unlikely that anyone would bother to code that just to avoid having some minor haste breakpoints with a certain set bonus.

Can anyone explain, what haste does in our hots? i have 30% haste but, what it does?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vlackrs View Post
    Can anyone explain, what haste does in our hots? i have 30% haste but, what it does?
    faster tick rate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    faster tick rate
    and lower gcd

Let's say a HoT normally ticks every three seconds. Say you have 20% haste. That HoT will now tick every 3/1.20 = 2.5 seconds. The game then adds ticks at the end so that the HoT duration remains the same.

If there's less than 2.5 seconds (or whatever number you got) left at the end, the game will add a partial tick. For example, if you had a 12 second HoT with 20% haste, you'd have full strength ticks every 2.5 second for the first ten seconds, then one final tick at (12-10)/2.5 = 80% strength.

Deleted
    does swiftmend no longer heal for more if you have a rejeuv or regrowth on the target?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    does swiftmend no longer heal for more if you have a rejeuv or regrowth on the target?
    Swiftmend used to require Rejuv or Regrowth on the target to even be able to cast Swiftmend. But that is the case no longer. You can cast Swiftmend on anyone. But, due to our mastery, having a swiftmend or regrowth on the target (or any hot for that matter) will increase all of your healing on said target (by our % mastery per hot). Not advocating hot chasing, but I'm just saying that there is indeed an increase in healing (especially if you have shit itemized high ilvl gear like me, mastery for days...)

Let's say a HoT normally ticks every three seconds. Say you have 20% haste. That HoT will now tick every 3/1.20 = 2.5 seconds. The game then adds ticks at the end so that the HoT duration remains the same.

If there's less than 2.5 seconds (or whatever number you got) left at the end, the game will add a partial tick. For example, if you had a 12 second HoT with 20% haste, you'd have full strength ticks every 2.5 second for the first ten seconds, then one final tick at (12-10)/2.5 = 80% strength.
    Now, with drood class hall buff, i have 40% but i do not think that haste is strong for heal, or i am wrong? i just can't see any STRONG HPS on my target with hots.

I keep thinking that haste is not the right stat for us.
    Last edited by vlackrs; 2016-11-02 at 12:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now, with drood class hall buff, i have 40% but i do not think that haste is strong for heal, or i am wrong? i just can't see any STRONG HPS on my target with hots.

I keep thinking that haste is not the right stat for us.
    1% haste is a 1% heal increase on all of our hots (iincluding gcd i think?). it is also our best scaling stat. crit is also good, (also 1% crit = 1% heal increase, ignoring living seed) but it doesn't scale as well.
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2016-11-02 at 01:31 AM.

So with the nerf to Prosperity and the buff to Cultivation are we starting to shift more towards Mastery again? CW + Cultivation seems to be the heavy favorite on 6/7 fights in EN at the moment. The only fight that cultivation isn't the top talent is Xavius. CW is the top talent by a long shot for every fight. Inner Peace has it's spot on four fights and three of the other fights are split between Spring Blossoms and Germination.

Seems like with us using these talents and with our tier bonus Mastery might be the heavy favorite again. I know some people have valued mastery > haste anyway, but I think the majority was haste = crit > mastery, right?