Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiko View Post
    Hi folks,

with the changes comming to Moment of Clarity, I am wondering if it will be viable over Flourish?

Have to admit I am not a big fan of Flourish, it either felt unnecessary or just contributed to overhealing. I assume this is in large parts because of me 1) doing just some normal raiding to gear the guildies up atm and 2) not being very experienced yet as I only moved to WoW a few month ago. I just really like having those 3 free Regrowth, nice for a few quick bursts (which is probably the only area the Druid lacks in) and great to recover some mana meanwhile. Also I am lucky enough to have the Legendary Wrist if I really need to increase HoT Duration on specific targets.

What do you think?
    15% bonus on RG is no where near enough to make it viable for raiding. The proc is random, so those RG's are just as easily overheal as a poorly timed Flourish (whereas with flourish you control the timing). Flourish is still just a very strong option due to synergy with WG, Cenarion Ward, and Essence of Ghanair. And stonebark is still great for Mythic+.... Omen even with the buffs just still isn't competitive when it comes to raiding or mythic+
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2016-11-18 at 02:00 PM.

as long as MoC is basically just making regrowth a bit more efficient it won't be a very interesting talent; regrowth is a small enough portion of our healing done (especially in raids) that buffing it is pretty irrelevant, especially when the buff doesn't really help it do the thing we need it to do (on-demand inefficient burst.)

If clearcasting affected other spells MoC might become sort of interesting as an extreme sustain talent, otherwise blah.

Have to admit I am not a big fan of Flourish, it either felt unnecessary or just contributed to overhealing.
    It shouldn't. Pop it after Wild Growth during heavy damage as a mini-Tranquility and you should see good results. That way it's basically a free Wild Growth, a couple of Rejuvenations, extended Cultivation and/or Spring Blossoms, and extended Cenarion Ward if timed right. In addition to doing a lot of healing for just one GCD, it also costs no mana to do it. Your other talent choices make a big difference in what you get from Flourish, of course.

Also I am lucky enough to have the Legendary Wrist if I really need to increase HoT Duration on specific targets.
    That's mostly useful for tank healing, and you can combine the two to keep Cenarion Ward ticking for a long time. The point of Flourish is to extend everything, which adds up to a lot in a raid. It's a bit less useful in a five man group.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Hi folks,

with the changes comming to Moment of Clarity, I am wondering if it will be viable over Flourish?

Have to admit I am not a big fan of Flourish, it either felt unnecessary or just contributed to overhealing. I assume this is in large parts because of me 1) doing just some normal raiding to gear the guildies up atm and 2) not being very experienced yet as I only moved to WoW a few month ago. I just really like having those 3 free Regrowth, nice for a few quick bursts (which is probably the only area the Druid lacks in) and great to recover some mana meanwhile. Also I am lucky enough to have the Legendary Wrist if I really need to increase HoT Duration on specific targets.

What do you think?
    They do not serve the same purpose, MoC is there for you to be able to get free heavy tank healing, Flourish is there for you to be able to heavily extend your hots on everyone.

Have to admit I am not a big fan of Flourish
    Reminder that you shouldn't be using it directly after wild growth if you currently are. It resets the WG to the original heal ticks when you cast, so if you cast flourish when WG is almost expired it will start hitting big heals again instead of decaying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turbothots View Post
    Reminder that you shouldn't be using it directly after wild growth if you currently are. It resets the WG to the original heal ticks when you cast, so if you cast flourish when WG is almost expired it will start hitting big heals again instead of decaying.
    Doesn't matter. The ticks are based on remaining time, so if you do it right away, it'll tick down slower. It's still the same start and end point, just stretched longer. Same overall healing. So doing it earlier means you're front loading the healing to do "more" right off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by turbothots View Post
    As far as I know it's based on time elapsed relative to total time, not absolute number of seconds, so it shouldn't make any difference. Any time during WG should yield the same results. If you use WG and then immediately Flourish, WG should lose power very slowly, rather than losing power at the normal rate and then getting extra ticks at minimum power at the end. The tooltip is there to say that you don't have to do it like that, and that you'll get the same amount of healing done no matter how you do it.

It's pretty easy to test in case someone feels like verifying it. Just cast WG, then WG immediately followed by Flourish, and check the numbers produced.

Yeah you guys are right, sorry - I based this on information I was given which turned out to be incorrect with some testing.
    Disregard that

Just a question of theorycraft with the set coming up in nighthold. With the 4 piece bonus you have a 2% (soon to be 1%) chance to proc a full duration rejuv on another target. Let's say you have the legendary shoulders (would they even be necessary?) you should be able to rejuv pretty much everybody in the raid before the first one falls off. What are the chances that it would then stay on all 25 targets in the raid?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    Just a question of theorycraft with the set coming up in nighthold. With the 4 piece bonus you have a 2% (soon to be 1%) chance to proc a full duration rejuv on another target. Let's say you have the legendary shoulders (would they even be necessary?) you should be able to rejuv pretty much everybody in the raid before the first one falls off. What are the chances that it would then stay on all 25 targets in the raid?
    This set bonus might change the way we use our artifact ability, makes haste even more valuable and make bloodlust when theres no healing requirement even more feelsbadman

This Displacer beast nerf feels like they have been watching Mythic Helya progress . Druid was really really good because of its mobility compared to other healers, which has always been one of its niches. Sucks that renewal and displacer are on same row though, might actually be times where we take renewal over displacer now with the buff to renewal and nerf to displacer.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

10+ Year Old Account
    So, our 4p goes from something that we can actually change our talents to try and maximize it's effectiveness to something so passive that there's no point in changing anything. Fan-fucking-tastic.

Yes, ~11% heal increase on rejuv is cool. But without taking germination, that % increase will very likely be lower, and germination is so subpar is raiding compared to inner peace or spring blossoms, it's not even funny (unless I just suck with it outside of Nightmare Dragons, that's def a possibility). Right now, based on my own logs, WITH germination, it'd be around a 3% overall heal increase. Kinda pathetic if you ask me...

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    This set bonus might change the way we use our artifact ability, makes haste even more valuable and make bloodlust when theres no healing requirement even more feelsbadman
    So is that a yes that it might be possible to pre-hot the raid before you pull to have rejuv rolling on everybody? If yes that makes germination good for raids too right?

So is that a yes that it might be possible to pre-hot the raid before you pull to have rejuv rolling on everybody? If yes that makes germination good for raids too right?
    Unless they add a fight where your healing during the first 20 seconds actually matters, no. And I don´t think such a fight has ever existed. There was one in Firelands that hit you with heavy AoE from t=0, but you could just Tranq it and be fine. Pre-HoTing anyone other than tanks in a raid tends to be useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Unless they add a fight where your healing during the first 20 seconds actually matters, no. And I don´t think such a fight has ever existed. There was one in Firelands that hit you with heavy AoE from t=0, but you could just Tranq it and be fine. Pre-HoTing anyone other than tanks in a raid tends to be useless.
    I am talking about the idea that the hots would be rolling indefinitely due to the proc on the tier bonus. Meaning you wouldn't have to cast rejuv at all during the entire fight because the entire raid would already have it on them. This wouldn't work with 10 people, but I think it is pretty reasonable to have happen in a raid with 20.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am talking about the idea that the hots would be rolling indefinitely due to the proc on the tier bonus. Meaning you wouldn't have to cast rejuv at all during the entire fight because the entire raid would already have it on them. This wouldn't work with 10 people, but I think it is pretty reasonable to have happen in a raid with 20.
    To answer your original question of "What are the chances that it would then stay on all 25 targets in the raid?"; very very unlikely. At a 1% chance per tick for it to jump to a new person, at a baseline of (for this example) 11 ticks, that's a 0.99^11 chance that a rejuvenation will NOT jump to a new target (~89.53%). If you do get a full duration from the shoulders (which won't do anything if the rejuv is put on someone not at full or when they take damage), then that'd add another 5 or 6 ticks, making it ~84.29% for a rejuvenation to NOT jump to a new target (I used 6 extra ticks for best case). EG, ~10.47% chance for a rejuv to jump without the shoulders, and ~15.71% with the shoulders (assuming 6 extra ticks).

So in the end, if you have 20 rejuvs out at the same time, maybe 2-3 of them on average would duplicate themselves. And if you did not have Germination for this, then the rejuv would just jump to someone and refresh itself, wasting the remaining time and chance to jump of the previous rejuv (assuming it will even interact with Germination).
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2016-11-24 at 12:04 AM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    To answer your original question of "What are the chances that it would then stay on all 25 targets in the raid?"; very very unlikely. At a 1% chance per tick for it to jump to a new person, at a baseline of (for this example) 11 ticks, that's a 0.99^11 chance that a rejuvenation will NOT jump to a new target (~89.53%). If you do get a full duration from the shoulders (which won't do anything if the rejuv is put on someone not at full or when they take damage), then that'd add another 5 or 6 ticks, making it ~84.29% for a rejuvenation to NOT jump to a new target (I used 6 extra ticks for best case). EG, ~10.47% chance for a rejuv to jump without the shoulders, and ~15.71% with the shoulders (assuming 6 extra ticks).

So in the end, if you have 20 rejuvs out at the same time, maybe 2-3 of them on average would duplicate themselves. And if you did not have Germination for this, then the rejuv would just jump to someone and refresh itself, wasting the remaining time and chance to jump of the previous rejuv (assuming it will even interact with Germination).
    Having thought about it more I realize I am a dumbass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having thought about it more I realize I am a dumbass.
    Don't worry about it. Your question let me do my rant about why I'm annoyed at Blizz for nerfing the 4p as much as they did.
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2016-11-24 at 10:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There we go, 4p is back to a 2% proc chance. So now, at 11 ticks on a rejuv, it has a 80.07% chance for it to not jump, aka 20% per rejuv to jump to a new target. So, if we take germination, it'll be about a 5-6% hps increase.
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2016-11-30 at 12:33 AM.

Just got the healing legendary ring. Seems nuts. How is it treating those of you that have it?

Quote Originally Posted by Orandyn View Post
    Just got the healing legendary ring. Seems nuts. How is it treating those of you that have it?
    It is just as nuts as it seems. Expect to see 10% higher HPS just from equipping it. The only downside is that between it, Flourish, and Power of the Archdruid, you can actually run out of targets to rejuvenate in a 10-15 man raid. Which is a bit of a luxury problem to have, and it doesn't happen often enough for Germination to even be worth considering.