Controlling pets in BGs

I cant seem to get my pet to stay on target in BGs.

I have it set to assist with pett attack macrod to a mouse button. Still runs all over the place

Defensive and Passive are even less reliable.

Any good solution or am do I just need to watch him?

Deleted
    Am no pro but one of the things i picked up from places like arena junkies and pvp guides over the years is to put your pet on passive. Then i bound pet attack to my middle mouse wheel scroll forward when i want it to attack a certain target. This keeps it on what i want it to at all times. I also bound mouse wheel scroll back to put it back on passive to come back to me if needed, and another macro for pet move to and pet assist so i got full control. Took me ages to get used to this but when you do, it is pretty effective and works for me. Gotta get into the mind set of treating to pet as another you on screen and be aware of what its doing at all times. Oh and keybind your pet stuns, interupts etc. Hope this helps.

Deleted
    While i have all pet actions binded too (pet on passive) i have witnessed the felguard doing some wierd things..example: Felguard is attacking target A and i send him to attack target B. While on the way to target B if there is a target C around it might charge to target C first before finaly going to target B (which is annoying cause you end up losing dmg on the target you want). i am thinking its smthing with felguard charge ability and if its on cooldown/or not at the time when you change targets, but its difficult to test it many times to be sure.

Deleted
    The Pet AI is useless and that is another reason why demo suffer from bad specc design.

Quote Originally Posted by theblackharvest View Post
    While i have all pet actions binded too (pet on passive) i have witnessed the felguard doing some wierd things..example: Felguard is attacking target A and i send him to attack target B. While on the way to target B if there is a target C around it might charge to target C first before finaly going to target B (which is annoying cause you end up losing dmg on the target you want). i am thinking its smthing with felguard charge ability and if its on cooldown/or not at the time when you change targets, but its difficult to test it many times to be sure.
    Yea, the pets do bizarre things