Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by PeopleReady View Post
    Any competent player would play unholy at higher DPS than frost, so your example is a straw man and a bad one at that.
    I am pretty competent, and I only played unholy for fights where it made more sense until I came back from a four month break to find a guild that said unholy or bust. So those fights for me were Manny and Gorefiend(pre-recent guild). Granted I didn't get the vial of unending shadows until I came back recently. Simply because I didn't have the trinket that made unholy so much better than frost, and didn't care to practice that playstyle without it. NP unholy and frost were actually relatively comparable.

Dude, play whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    stuff
    I totally realize what you're saying, I just don't really enjoy seeing misinformation spread and fallacious arguments used to back them up.

The hypothetical player you mention once again simply needs to not suck and learn how to play unholy.

Somebody playing frost in HFC wouldn't be the cause of them not getting an Archi kill until summer, but it is a symptom of the overall reasons that led to the kill coming so late. The guild as a whole not bothering to play optimally, the leaders for not bothering to care about comp or performance, etc.

I mention pre-patch numbers and Legion sims because they're easily referenced without having to dig through tons of logs and disparate levels of skill for each player/group you're looking at. Even as I was mentioning them I acknowledged the flaws behind them. Most of what makes me so sure though is actually beta mythic testing logs. I've already mentioned that a few times, but maybe this time you'll notice.

Now my question isn't for your guild or your guild's mentality. It's for the legitimate try hard guilds who are not good enough to kill the bosses within six to eight months
    I dunno, late June falls right into that category, so you tell me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok forget Sims and gear and what's better for a minute. Level as frost. I promise you it will be very worth it! Some hidden surprises happen to frost ONLY!
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    Ok forget Sims and gear and what's better for a minute. Level as frost. I promise you it will be very worth it! Some hidden surprises happen to frost ONLY!
    Like getting replaced by your raid leader.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Personally, I am giving Frost and Blizzard a chance to properly tune things between specs until Nighthold comes out. If Frost isn't within, say, 8% or less of UH, I'd switch to UH, period. Especially if I get shit on by UH DKs in PVP a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Like getting replaced by your raid leader.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Personally, I am giving Frost and Blizzard a chance to properly tune things between specs until Nighthold comes out. If Frost isn't within, say, 8% or less of UH, I'd switch to UH, period. Especially if I get shit on by UH DKs in PVP a lot.
    I'm same as you, will give it a go and hope they bring them closer together. But if by M-NH they don't buff frost, then to Unholy i go.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    I'm same as you, will give it a go and hope they bring them closer together. But if by M-NH they don't buff frost, then to Unholy i go.
    Wait wait you two are actually gonna WAIT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS in four weeks?? Odd. Don't think that goes with r narrative on every single post here...
    It was fun leveling as frost. Don't rush. Enjoy it. You have four weeks. Some cool shit happens
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by Apollinaire View Post
    I totally realize what you're saying, I just don't really enjoy seeing misinformation spread and fallacious arguments used to back them up.

The hypothetical player you mention once again simply needs to not suck and learn how to play unholy.

Somebody playing frost in HFC wouldn't be the cause of them not getting an Archi kill until summer, but it is a symptom of the overall reasons that led to the kill coming so late. The guild as a whole not bothering to play optimally, the leaders for not bothering to care about comp or performance, etc.

I mention pre-patch numbers and Legion sims because they're easily referenced without having to dig through tons of logs and disparate levels of skill for each player/group you're looking at. Even as I was mentioning them I acknowledged the flaws behind them. Most of what makes me so sure though is actually beta mythic testing logs. I've already mentioned that a few times, but maybe this time you'll notice.

I dunno, late June falls right into that category, so you tell me.
    First bold, or Blizzard could actually do their fucking job and balance the game for once?

Second bold, took a break in February because my life doesn't revolve around the game, but that's besides the point. My point is exactly what you're trying to imply. Guilds that take as long as the ones that I finally killed the last boss in don't need to mandate specs...the guilds just aren't that good to begin with. Someone choosing Frost over Unholy is not the reason why the guild took that long to kill the final boss.

After thinking about your response it's like you think I feel I'm cutting edge...and deserve better than what I end up getting which isn't the case. I know I'm not cutting edge and that's my argument, guilds that fit my playstyle and overall progression timeline have bigger issues than their DK playing frost or unholy.
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2016-08-29 at 03:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    Wait wait you two are actually gonna WAIT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS in four weeks?? Odd. Don't think that goes with r narrative on every single post here...
    It was fun leveling as frost. Don't rush. Enjoy it. You have four weeks. Some cool shit happens
    No, no no - I am giving Frost a whole half tier before swapping to UH "if necessary". Emerald Nightmare comes out September 20th ish, 2016, while Nighthold, the place we first fight Gul'dan, comes out in January 2017.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    No, no no - I am giving Frost a whole half tier before swapping to UH "if necessary". Emerald Nightmare comes out September 20th ish, 2016, while Nighthold, the place we first fight Gul'dan, comes out in January 2017.

If it helps I just found out how-to unlock the third relic slot.... So this whole time of me posting my results as frost on beta was with only two and being grouped with guys who had three. I honestly thought they had really high 860 relics cause their weapons were 870 and above while mine was 826 tops. Now it's 870... Now I have to rest this out. Totally slipped my mind for weeks. I was sneaking in mythic 4 and 5 cause I had legendary items in my bags so they saw I was 870 when I was no where near it. And I kept up with the pack as frost. This changes everything. Put a 845 blood relic in apocalypse too. Have to test both specs now for myself Hahahahaha
    Filthy Casual