Previous Expansions?

So just two days ago I bought Legion. Started it back up and my roommate saw me playing it and was like "Ok, yeah I'm probably going to start playing this game again as well now that you are."

But heres the problem... the last time he played was right before Cataclysm came out.

So... will he have to buy Cata, MoP, and WoD in order to play Legion?

Im sure this question has been asked, and I tried using the search feature, but it keeps coming up with an error everytime I hit search. Sorry <3

Deleted
    I think a Wod purchase contains everything before for whatever it costs right now plus the 50-60 whatever currency for Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    So just two days ago I bought Legion. Started it back up and my roommate saw me playing it and was like "Ok, yeah I'm probably going to start playing this game again as well now that you are."

But heres the problem... the last time he played was right before Cataclysm came out.

So... will he have to buy Cata, MoP, and WoD in order to play Legion?

Im sure this question has been asked, and I tried using the search feature, but it keeps coming up with an error everytime I hit search. Sorry <3
    All expansions through WoD are now part of the base game and Legion is an additional expansion.

Edit: Just went to the webssie and the original game is $20 and includes levels 1-100.

May 19th: World of Warcraft Now Includes Warlords

He only has to buy Legion.
    And sub. (obviously)