Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Legion Invasions getting 12% of a level after stage 1 and 2

As i said in the title i think athat i am getting the smallest amout of exp possible.People in my guild are saying that they are getting 1 lever after 2 invasions.
    I am level 65 and i am getting areoun 14k exp after killin 1 boss.
    I have 3 heilooms.
    Please help
    Sorry for my bad english.

They are probably killing the elites.

If you are standing still doing nothing then yes, you get really low exp, if you follow everyone and kill the elites you can get like 10-15% per elite if you start attacking soon/deal some actual damage.

Got like 38% from 3 Elites the other day on my mage, but soloed 2 of them.

As soon as you damage a mob you are tagged into the xp split - go around and dot everything you can and dps whatever is still standing. You should get a level or more per invasion, but that includes... 10+ elites and some smaller guys. You can't afk it and expect to get much, you just get the event xp that way.

Go attack things. The single most commonality throughout anything you do in this game is killing stuff. Go kill things for your experience (or in the case of invasions, attack once and run away).

Deleted
    Tag as many Mobs as possible. With my last Chars and all Heirlooms possible I got like ~25-40% per Invasion.

Deleted
    I am doing damege to all mobs at least as much as i can
    And BTW i dont have heilooms to lv 100
    Last edited by mmoc5bceb45e67; 2016-08-28 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Mistakes

15+ Year Old Account
    I went from 90 > 100 in 13 invasions.
    Now granted I played a hunter so the tagging was really easy.
    Anyway here's my tactic:

Stage 1: Aoe as much as possible, don't bother doing any actual damage, but make sure you do a bit of damage on the "tougher trash mobs".
    Stage 2: Not much to say, just tag all 3 bosses.
    Stage 3: Ignore everything but go for the nearest boss (skull marked on the map). Now if it's one of the tougher bosses who can easily aoe/one shot you, start hitting it when it's at 10-15%. Then just follow the other players who go for the next boss. This is the best stage xp-wise, but be wary not to die because you get no xp.
    Stage 4: Now you can either relog after Stage 3 and the whole invasion will reset to Stage 1, or you can continue killing the last boss who does not give a lot of xp but you do get the big chest so chance for some good gear (which will be irrelevant in few days anyway).

Relogging after Stage 3 is the best way to earn more xp. This was back when we had 2-3 invasions only, now it might not be needed now that all 6 invasions are up and respawn often.

Deleted
    I am doing the same but i am getting 20% per invasion but as i said i dont have full heirlooms and they are not upgraded to level 100
    And know i tried the same on my DK and i got 35k Exo on level 64 and dk doesnt have any exp bonuses
    Last edited by mmoc5bceb45e67; 2016-08-28 at 01:38 PM.

Deleted
    I'ts possible that stage 1 and 2 were nerfed because they're absurdly abused. In Crossroads invasion it goes like this: 100 or more people are killing everything in p1 and bosses in p2, then vast majority goes to inn to relog and repeat. It sucks because it leaves like 3-5 people to do p3 and 4 so it takes forever.

Noticing this too, very poor xp gain (compare to before)

Well if you repeat S1 and 2 you wont get the Xp for completing the stage again .. they fixed that. But people seems to not now and still phase out after S2 ended.. and doing Dun morogh S 1 +2 over and over so if you get to S3 you are strnaded with no one in the phase. Am I'm wrong that the whole invasion at least with a completed S3 gives more exp as repeating S1 and 2 forever?

15+ Year Old Account
    I've leveled 3 characters from 85-100 so far and just started another who'd up to 89. The experience had been great just completing each invasion. The real key is phase 3 though. Kills elites, make sure you get as many as possible. You should be able to pull off about 5 as long as you move with the groups. I only have 2 characters left I need to do this with so I can have 1 of every class at 100.

Completely 'loomed up I went from 90 to 100 fairly quickly, even before the XP boosts to tagged mobs. With XP boosts to tagged mobs you can go very quickly. That being said I've leveled roughly 8 toons since the past Tues when all 6 were up with an RAF alt. Good God, I went from 1 to 90 with the RAF alt in about 14 hours. Only issue is forking out gold for riding/flying.

Go to Azshara and get into a siege. Then proceed to tag EVERYTHING with the first siege skill. You are immune to everything in the siege, so no worries about dying. Do stage 1&2 if you can't fly, if you can fly do stage 3 as well. Stage 3 in Azshara is very linear with the majority of people following the same mob order.

Do this and with full heirlooms you should get more than 1 level at 65 for just stage 1&2 which reliably takes around 5 minutes. Stage 3 depends on how well you manage to stay alive when the rares die.

You are welcome

Quote Originally Posted by miDnight77 View Post
    Well if you repeat S1 and 2 you wont get the Xp for completing the stage again .. they fixed that. But people seems to not now and still phase out after S2 ended.. and doing Dun morogh S 1 +2 over and over so if you get to S3 you are strnaded with no one in the phase. Am I'm wrong that the whole invasion at least with a completed S3 gives more exp as repeating S1 and 2 forever?
    They don't care about stage complete exp because you get a lot more from bosses & trash
    (Before stealth nerf)
    Right now best stage to farm is third stage.

Azshara is best for XP.
    Do Stage 1 and Stage 2 tag every mob as you can. Then tag all lieutenants and commander in Stage 3. Once Stage 3 is done enter to Orgrimmar then back to Azshara and repeat.
    Stage 3 gives huge XP and DO NOT die while fighting with lieutenants/commander. Otherwise you get ZERO XP when they die and you are in ghost. Just tag then stay away 50+ yard.
    I did in my priest and took me like ~30min hit 100lvl from 97,8lvl with full hierlooms with XP bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by miDnight77 View Post
    The thing is is stage 2 gave about 10% per big boss killed for a total of around 30% and then you if you join in a group and tag most mobs you got about 20% for stage 1... so about 50%+ of a level combined which literally only takes about 5 min.

Stage 3 gives 10% per elite killed and to do a full round takes at least ten min. If you manage to kill 7 named mobs that is 70% of a level. Unless you can kill 5 named guys in 5 min with flying around then resetting was optimal.

I haven't leveled for a few days so don't know if anything was nerfed since, it seems so according to this topic, but that's how it was.

Deleted
    XP should be removed from stage 1 mobs, it's a disgrace to see all those stage 3 skippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I've leveled 3 characters from 85-100 so far and just started another who'd up to 89. The experience had been great just completing each invasion. The real key is phase 3 though. Kills elites, make sure you get as many as possible. You should be able to pull off about 5 as long as you move with the groups. I only have 2 characters left I need to do this with so I can have 1 of every class at 100.
    The real trick is to not die. Stay with the group, don't do anything solo. As long as you tag it as live, you'll get good XP.

Quote Originally Posted by Distortedclarity View Post
    The thing is is stage 2 gave about 10% per big boss killed for a total of around 30% and then you if you join in a group and tag most mobs you got about 20% for stage 1... so about 50%+ of a level combined which literally only takes about 5 min.

Stage 3 gives 10% per elite killed and to do a full round takes at least ten min. If you manage to kill 7 named mobs that is 70% of a level. Unless you can kill 5 named guys in 5 min with flying around then resetting was optimal.

I haven't leveled for a few days so don't know if anything was nerfed since, it seems so according to this topic, but that's how it was.
    yes I know but it wasnt viable anymore. But still people would do it and there for S3 phases where really empty and took for ages even those if you would repeat those you got like 10% lvl exp per elite