Deleted

Random Mount Macro

Hello guys,

I was never into the whole macro thing in classic (returned now after TBC) and was wondering if it is possible to create a macro with specific mounts from which one will be casted randomly on activation?

You don't need macro or addon, Just go to Mount tab and choose your favorite Mounts ten drag the favorite Mount button to the bar

Deleted
    Thank you man I already know that.

However I want to have it seperated between ground and flying mounts.

I know it's not a macro, but you could look at the addon GoGoMount. It does exactly what you're asking for.

Deleted
    Thank you man that one looks cool. However if it is possible without an addon I would chose that way first.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    I would consider taking that addon with you. Just because you are limited on space creating a macro for your needs. You would be ending up with just two mounts to choose from for ground and flying.

The Addons can be extended a lot more.

You should really use the addon, you can keybind your mount directly in keybinds, select global/zone/"multi passanger" specific mounts to be randomed, as a druid or a shaman you also have the option to cast travel/ghost form with the same button if you're moving or otherwise unable to mount, you even have the option to use underwater mounts only when the Breath Bar is active underwater.

I also suggest GoGoMount, however no one seems to want to actually answer your thread. Here's a macro that will randomly cast a flying mount in a flying area and a ground mount in a ground-only area, while also allowing you to manually cast a ground mount while holding Alt. Using the macro while mounted will dismount.

Code:
    /castrandom [nomounted,flyable,nomod] flyingmount, flyingmount
    /castrandom [nomounted,mod:alt][nomounted,noflyable] groundmount, groundmount
    /dismount

Just swap out flyingmount and groundmount with your desired mounts. Add another comma for each mount you want to add, but pay attention to the size of the macro. If you need to squeeze in just a few more characters, all the spaces except for the ones in mount names should be good to remove.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

There also is a random macro that supports literally all ground/flying mounts
    https://gfycat.com/PreciousMarriedBirdofparadise

Random flying, otherwise ground mount
    /run local j,t,b=C_MountJournal,{},0+SecureCmdOptionParse"[flyable]248;230"for i=1,j.GetNumMounts()do if select(5,j.GetMountInfoByID(i))and bit.band(select(5,j.GetMountInfoExtraByID(i)),b)==b then tinsert(t,i)end end _=#t>0 and j.SummonByID(t[random(#t)])

Random ground mount
    /run local j,t,_=C_MountJournal,{}for i=1,j.GetNumMounts()do if select(5,j.GetMountInfoByID(i))and bit.band(select(5,j.GetMountInfoExtraByID(i)),230)==230 then tinsert(t,i)end end _=#t>0 and j.SummonByID(t[random(#t)])

Quote Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
    There also is a random macro that supports literally all ground/flying mounts
    https://gfycat.com/PreciousMarriedBirdofparadise

Random flying, otherwise ground mount

Random ground mount
    Thanks you for this. Even thoug it's been some years, this still works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by BondGirl View Post
    Thanks you for this. Even thoug it's been some years, this still works like a charm.
    Necrolords, I tell ya..

Don't they already have this feature in the game by favoriting mounts and then summoning a random favorite?

Just to necro a bit more, I have refined @ketho s macro to work a litte bit more random.
    The issue is that the macro only summons mounts that are categorized as 230 (ground) or 248 (flying), but now there are much more hybrid variants.

If you use the ingame "summon random favourite mount" it will always pick a usable mount at random, which means in non-flying areas it will summon most likely still a flying mount.

So I have adapted the macro that it will cast any usable non flying mount in non-flying zones, and use the ingame favourite mount function if you are in a flying zone. There is a tiny chance that it will still call a flying mount in a non-flying zone, though, as not all flying mounts are categorized as 248, but the randomness is much higher:

/run local j,t,b=C_MountJournal,{0},0+SecureCmdOptionParse"[flyable]1;0"for i=1,j.GetNumMounts()do if b==0 and select(5,j.GetMountInfoByID(i))and select(5,j.GetMountInfoExtraByID(i))~=248 then tinsert(t,i)end end _=#t>0 and j.SummonByID(t[random(#t)])
    Last edited by Puri; 2022-01-04 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    So I have adapted the macro that it will cast any usable non flying mount in non-flying zones, and use the ingame favourite mount function if you are in a flying zone. There is a tiny chance that it will still call a flying mount in a non-flying zone, though, as not all flying mounts are categorized as 248, but the randomness is much higher:
    There's weird differences in certain areas too. Island Expeditions for instance are marked as flying for some reason.

I use the following to choose randomly between certain mounts so each of my characters can have their own options. Probably not the best way to do it, but easiest to add and configure -

/castrandom [nomounted, flyable] Uncorrupted Voidwing, Bloodbathed Frostbrood Vanquisher
    /castrandom [nomounted, noflyable] Ironbound Wraithcharger, Midnight, Acherus Deathcharger, Court Sinrunner
    /dismount
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!